• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Good Weapons for Me to Try?

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Honestly though, if you have that mix of being aggressive and defensive, I definitely recommend the slosher deco.

The slosher deco is a nice meta pick with it's solid range, killing potential, its painting (thanks to sprinkler), and solid special. These attributes definitely give it a leg up against other meta weapons such as the vanilla blaster and the N-Zap 85. As it has a pretty good match up against both, with it's superior range. And thanks to baller, the slosher deco can play aggressively with it's baller + slosh combo. Along with the painting, this weapon can charge up a baller relatively quick, rush to the zone with baller and pop it on the zone to cover it with minimal effort.

The only downsides I'd say the weapon has is the slow mobility while sloshing, making repeated sloshes very slow. And speaking of slow, two sloshes to kill is a slow time to kill. Most weapons in this game will destroy the slosher deco up close, since they can kill relatively quick. So without baller, up close fights are challenging. Also 200p for baller isn't the best, but with sprinkler it helps mitigate this tiny weakness.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I realized that the datamining was obsolete when I saw that the alt Dualie Squelchers had the Stingray in the version 3.0 announcement trailer. Whereas I liked the old version better, I can't wait to see what other weapons have as their tools of the trade! Hoping that the alt Dark Tetra Dualies have something fun! Not that the kit we have isn't good already.

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
The Splattershot is a very good all around weapon for any playstyle. It can be very aggressive, it can paint well, it can be defensive, and it is pretty good for flanking. It is a three hit weapon and it doesn't have too much RNG. The burst bombs are very good for zoning and getting your prey stuck in ink. It was the weapon I first reached S+ with. Also, the burst bombs really make up for the low range, but if they don't work for you, try out the tentatek with splat bombs and some bomb range up.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
I agree with what a lot of people are saying here. I'd definitely give the Dualie Squelchers a shot, and I'd also try the Heavy Splating Deco if you want. I don't think weapons like the splattershot or brush are for you, and maybe if you're good with the dynamo roller like you said, try out other rollers?

If you're looking for a solid support weapon, Forge Pro. Done.

Jagginator

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6478-7859-9273
I would say everybody made some good suggestions here already, but I would like to throw in the vanilla .96 Gal regardless. From my experience its one of the most versatile weapons in the game, being able to be a supportive or aggresive powerhouse thanks to its kit and damage. It has good painting capabilities thanks to sprinkler(you can easily get around 1000p in a turf war), and offers good long range support for an ally, but can also pull its weight alone when played agressively. The only big issue with this weapon is the RNG which will make you miss about 20% of your shots at max range. The key to play a .96 is to be able to read the situation and to adapt quickly, and to know when you can afford to fight.

P.S Oh and its probably one of the fastest weapons to get armor with.

Last edited:

AkameWoomy

Inkling
NNID
cheeseburger4169
Switch Friend Code
SW-4147-5374-8221
So, this thread might be a bit strange, but I have a question. Right now my favorite weapon is the Gold Dynamo Roller, and while I'd like to think I'm pretty okay with it, I know it's currently not the most viable weapon in the meta. So I'd like some recommendations from those who know the meta better than I do, as I'm very new to competitive.

I like an approach that somewhat mixes being aggressive and hanging back, meaning long range is a must for me. I also like to cover a lot of ground for my team to keep the map under control so that we can always push back and escape if something is going wrong. I don't have the best aim right now; I'm still learning that. Stingray and chargers are very difficult for me to use.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, or if this is somewhat weird; I didn't really know where else to put this and really wanted to know if anyone had any advice ^^;; I'm not an S rank in any mode yet, because I'm still learning, and I'd like to broaden my horizons and learn a weapon that's likely more viable than the gold dynamo is (though I will probably keep using it casually. I think it's fun).

Thank you to anyone who answers!
Dapple Dualies are op if used right. I recommend them to everyone

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Dapple Dualies are op if used right. I recommend them to everyone
I can confirm this

For real though, Dapple Dualies are a great pair of weapons. With two great support kits, excellent mobility, insane dps / killing potential, and remarkable painting ability.

The only weakness this weapon has is it's pathetic range. The bullets that come out of the weapon practically drip straight down from the muzzle onto the floor. And it's sub weapons don't really help or mitigate the weakness either. Which makes getting back into the fight without a special rather hard to do. And taking on anything head on with more range than a sploosh is often a death sentence. And with the lack of range and a panic button, it makes any engagement rather risky.

Honestly, the dapple dualies are amazing weapons though. Once you get the hang of the main weapon, you'll be a painting machine capable of winning up close 1v1s frequently. It's probably one of the best painting weapons in the game, along with great fire fight capabilities. So if you're a fan of getting up close and really driving the fight, the dapple dualies are for you.

Since the OP said they play Dynamo, I'm not sure if they would be a good fit for the dapples though. I'd think something more like slosher deco, possibly jet squelcher, H-3 D, or possibly even rapid blaster pro. Just because a dynamo is used to keeping the opponents pretty far away from them.

AkameWoomy

Inkling
NNID
cheeseburger4169
Switch Friend Code
SW-4147-5374-8221
Y
I can confirm this

For real though, Dapple Dualies are a great pair of weapons. With two great support kits, excellent mobility, insane dps / killing potential, and remarkable painting ability.

The only weakness this weapon has is it's pathetic range. The bullets that come out of the weapon practically drip straight down from the muzzle onto the floor. And it's sub weapons don't really help or mitigate the weakness either. Which makes getting back into the fight without a special rather hard to do. And taking on anything head on with more range than a sploosh is often a death sentence. And with the lack of range and a panic button, it makes any engagement rather risky.

Honestly, the dapple dualies are amazing weapons though. Once you get the hang of the main weapon, you'll be a painting machine capable of winning up close 1v1s frequently. It's probably one of the best painting weapons in the game, along with great fire fight capabilities. So if you're a fan of getting up close and really driving the fight, the dapple dualies are for you.

Since the OP said they play Dynamo, I'm not sure if they would be a good fit for the dapples though. I'd think something more like slosher deco, possibly jet squelcher, H-3 D, or possibly even rapid blaster pro. Just because a dynamo is used to keeping the opponents pretty far away from them.
I use Dapple Dualies Noveau, Toxic mist is good for fighting other short ranges weapons such as rollers or brushes

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Personally, Dapple Dualies Nouveau is one of my favorite short range weapons, and Toxic Mist can be really helpful at certain times.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
The Dapple Dualies quickly reached the rank of being some of my favorite close ranged weapons. The Nouveau version more so because I love Toxic Mist. But I feel that the Beakons on the vanilla version can make for some lovely support. Sneak a few behind enemy lines and watch as all of your Christmases come early. :cool:

thundasi

Senior Squid
slosher deco would be my recommendation. Lots of turf control through sprinkler, a baller to save your butt and mid range kill power.

i will also throw in splatbrella or the new variant, even though its niche and off meta.
good tools to protect yourself.
Rapid pro when you need a more range than slosher or brella

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Just because something is off meta doesn't mean it's bad. Always remember, if there are people out there willing to dedicate the time into learning and making a threat of things like the Tenta Brella or the Glooga Dualies then anything can be viable!

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
So, this thread might be a bit strange, but I have a question. Right now my favorite weapon is the Gold Dynamo Roller, and while I'd like to think I'm pretty okay with it, I know it's currently not the most viable weapon in the meta. So I'd like some recommendations from those who know the meta better than I do, as I'm very new to competitive.

I like an approach that somewhat mixes being aggressive and hanging back, meaning long range is a must for me. I also like to cover a lot of ground for my team to keep the map under control so that we can always push back and escape if something is going wrong. I don't have the best aim right now; I'm still learning that. Stingray and chargers are very difficult for me to use.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, or if this is somewhat weird; I didn't really know where else to put this and really wanted to know if anyone had any advice ^^;; I'm not an S rank in any mode yet, because I'm still learning, and I'd like to broaden my horizons and learn a weapon that's likely more viable than the gold dynamo is (though I will probably keep using it casually. I think it's fun).

Thank you to anyone who answers!
I would recommend the Hydra or Heavy Splatling, they generally will use similar spots to what a Dynamo and Charger would use, the high ground. They stay far back but are still very aggressive.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I agree with what @MotorGamer is saying. I love the Splatling class of weapons, even if they aren't really all that good (Mini Splatling). I know I said this earlier, but they have an insane rate of fire once you get through the charge time and you get a lot of shots out of it, making it less punishing if your aim isn't perfect.

Something else to think about. The Hydra Splatling shares many characteristics with the Heavy with two exceptions:

• The charge time is worse, meaning that you will need to begin charging a bit before you will need to be firing.
  • The range is a good deal longer, giving it range to counter even some Chargers!
But there is one characteristic of the Hydra that is usually not mentioned. It may take a while, but once you reach a full charge the shots go from doing 28 damage per shot to 35 damage per shot! For those not so good with the numbers and the maths, that means that you are getting a weapon with a huge amount of power (3 shot kill, similar to a Splattershot), a great fire rate, and huge range! A recent update also made it so that the Hydra fires 25% longer than it used to on a full charge. Keep this in mind when choosing a weapon. You might not always be able to get a full charge, but you should definitely take advantage of the sheer destructive nature of it when you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom