Got any gear ideas or plans?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The glow only happens if you travel in squid form with a full charge, if you move and fire as you do in the first game nothing's changed. There's definitely more charger counters than there were previously though, what with ink armor and the upcoming Brella and the removal of damage up. I'm glad, e-liters are a menace :p

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
I'm talking about the glow that happens at the back end of the charger weapon when in kid form, it indicates that you're at a full charge.

I guess I'm only complaining because I'm useless at everything but chargers lol

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Resons for saying chargers are nerfed
No more :ability_damage: and you now glow at full charge, regardless if squid or kid form.
The glow is definitely a nerf, but it's minor as most can easily locate a charger from a misplaced laser aim, imo.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
When you can reach across a stage, it's only polite to inform folks of your murder plans :P

P-Kong

Full Squid
Well, compared to others I don't really fall into any category/role... some here said to be Attackers, others attacking from the Long Range...

Is it terrible the fact I don't really have any role/category in mind?
Even when I stated before that I prefer long range weapons most of the time, at the end I don't really set my role in stone and play after that.
You simply want to have a term which you can use to describe your general playstyle, even if it isn't consistent you can divide everything into some categories.
Don't worry about that, because I actually did/do too.

Therefore, if you try distancing yourself from the action in zones you could call your "throne" and dominate from, you would use chargers or other long range weapons keeping the objective in mind and controlling those zones, -- Speed Up abilities of course shouldn't be everything in your build.
If you rush into firefights for example, you would have used Ink Resistance, Run Speed and Defense Ups to have the upper hand.

Now, I hope I managed to get your comment and my reply into the topic again and I hope you'll have fun theorycrafting with those abilities.

Energyblade7

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Energyblade
ill find out what abilities I can afford after i find the most fanciest gear pieces to use, I kill with class

But if I had to choose now, I'd most likely settle for Thermal Ink, Ink Recovery Up and Swim/Run Speed up for more mobility and sustainability on a Squiffer, maybe a hint of Ink Resist Up too

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Has it been confirmed that thermal abilitys work for the whole team? I would imagine it doesn't based on how Haunt now activates when you respawn to help you revenge kill, not immediately after you die to warn teammates. Plus the normal tagging is still in this game (Point Sensor n Inkmine), but more limited now which makes sense if it's indeed the stronger method of revealing enemy locations. If thermal abilitys also revealed to the whole team then it'd be redundant having two enemy revealing features.

Also, reading over it again, thermal ink specifically says distant players, derp. That's probably why they used a Jet Squelcher to demonstrate the ability, silly me! Guess that's not gonna be useful for the Slosher then. Well here's the first ability spread I'll be trying to get from Murch!

:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:|:ability_comeback:
:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:|Respawn Punisher
:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_inkrecovery:

Nothing too fancy here. I always use a main of Ink Recovery on the Slosher, and Swim Speed is always good. The 6 subs of Ink saver sub are just enough to give me a good 6 sloshes after throwing a suction bomb. Comeback and the new Respawn Punisher are just good abilitys in general, but they even have some synergy with Comeback somewhat easing the increased penalty for being splatted. It also stacks with the other abilitys I have, for instance I'll get 7 Sloshes after throwing a bomb while Comeback is active.

CM86

Pro Squid
I don't know why but sub power up seems pretty interesting. I never really cared for mines but I am wondering what the blast radius of a mine would be with 3 mains of it. There are so many abilities now though that it is hard to decide ;)

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Thermal Ink for sure with Blasters and Sloshers, and probably Drop Roller for the quick-kill shooters. Holding off on the Power Ups until I see exactly what they do, but now that Cold Blooded and Ink Resistance are subs, I'll be stocking up on those.

karl childers

Full Squid
I was thinking about using Haunt with stacked Double Quick Respawn on a weapon with Poison Mist and spending entire matches just inking the stage and disrupting enemies, without actually killing anybody.

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
As a roller main, I'm probably going to be stacking QR and Ink Recovery with Swim Speed Up. That's the plan for now, need to test the Flingza out before I make a final decision

P-Kong

Full Squid
I played Splat Zones again just when Splatfest came around.
Told myself: "I'm at S 48, I guess I'll go full QR + Haunt Dynamo and see how that goes", won multiple times with a K/D of 0/0 once on Mahi Mahi (after one loss on Triggerfish, though).

I might reconsider QR for Splat Zones support, especially with those comments above…

EDIT:
Not when I fight for honor, however.
But if I don't I will definitely use Haunt too.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Just keep in mind the new Quick Respawn rule, it won't help you if you're splatting people.

P-Kong

Full Squid
Just keep in mind the new Quick Respawn rule, it won't help you if you're splatting people.
That's why I mentioned my K/D of 0/0, I played SZ the braindead way and just flung ink tsunamis from safe places all the time (…when I wasn't refilling ink).

However, I have no idea how effective QR is now and if its effectiveness is affected by even more diminished returns.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That's why I mentioned my K/D of 0/0, I played SZ the braindead way and just flung ink tsunamis from safe places all the time (…when I wasn't refilling ink).

However, I have no idea how effective QR is now and if its effectiveness is affected by even more diminished returns.
So far it looks the same as it ever was, with that rule. We'll get hard data soon, of course.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Perhaps a bit of a spoiler, but I for god's sake want
Callie's new outfit. I hope this will be her amiibo gear.
It looks so damn good.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh apparently Comeback gives more than 1 main of ink saver sub n main, as I'm actually able to get off 8 sloshes after throwing a Bomb when I tried the build I posted earlier on the Soda Slosher. You can tell I pretty much never used this ability before hehe.

Also, I was practicing using Chargers without damage up, and man the E-Liter is so difficult! I mean it's already tough to use even with damage up, but now it seems like a weapon truely for expert charger players, which I am not! Splat Charger I was able to do alright with so the Firefin Splatterscope will be my main charger in Splatoon 2. Here's my build for it!

:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:| :ability_inksavermain:
:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:| Respawn Punisher
:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:| :ability_inkrecovery:

Obligatory Respawn Punisher for a weapon that shouldn't die too much, some ink efficiency to help with using Splash Walls, and a bunch of special charge up as it synergizes very well with Suction Bomb rush.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I'm curious as to what my fellow chargers are going to do now that the near universal standard, Damage Up, is gone.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Can someone give me some ideas for octobrush and flings roller sets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom