• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Got any gear ideas or plans?

the

Inkling Commander
Now that the inkbrush with splashdown has been announced, I'm gonna see if i can work out a nice balance of special charge up/special power up to spam my special with :- )

Maybe stealth jump too, if splashdown works with that (haven't tested that yet, but I'm assuming it doesn't)

Lazuli

Inkling
Even though ink mines aren't that good, I want to try them with 3x Sub power Up just to see how big the explosion gets.

Reactions: the

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Lazuli as a new squiffer user I approve of this choice, enjoy your splats also try to place them off ledge or in the center of a large open area to cover more turf and make it harder to get out of the explosion

Also one thing I feel to be very good is thermal ink on blasters for indirect, also thermal ink gains even more advantagee with poison mist since enemies will be slowed and lose ink, or if they'll get away from the mist and instead will be revealed to the whole team

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
They seem pretty good to me! The locator effect can be pretty handy.
They're probably referring to the damage, which is a mere 35 on a direct hit now.

Anyway, since Quick Respawn has been nerfed into uselessness, I've changed my gear plans. I'm going to work towards a generalist outfit that'll work well with all the weapons I like. Alternatively, I may go for 3 mains of run speed since the n-zap's proven capable in my hands.

fill

Inkling
Ranked mode: So i'm currently going to go for the splattershot, I personally don't like the inkjet so I'm currently using the one with splashdown. I haven't given inkjet enough time to fully swear off it tho. I will look at the other shooters, but I ended up mainly playing the t.splattershot and the gals in splatoon 1 but since the removal of damage and defense up my build kinda got messed up so i'm probably going to go for a speed build.
My idea for gear is using the king flip mesh with :ability_runspeed:I :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
and then a mix of abilities, either a main or a three sub of :ability_swimspeed::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkresistance: and undecided about the final ability.

I really liked having 2 or 3 :ability_swimspeed:full abilities in s1, and :ability_inkrecovery:goes well with it as well as :ability_inkresistance: but let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I know the squiffer is quite a ways away from being release but can someone recommend gear that would be overall good for a squiffer with a offense setup
(Used a lot of mobilty up/ Ink efficentcy in the past but am thinking of editing my setups with the new game)

ParanoidDrone

Full Squid
NNID
ParanoidDrone
I found an Inkling in the plaza with the Octobowler Shirt (Krak-On brand) but with Ninja Squid as the main ability. Presumably they got it from Splatnet. Needless to say I snapped that up immediately.

After I forked over the cash to Murch, I belatedly realized that with the new ability chunk system, I don't really need to match the brand to the sub abilities I want anymore, so I fretted a bit over what it's "normal" ability is. Turns out it's Ink Saver Main, so I'm not too broken up over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom