Got some Splatoon superstitions?

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
So a while back I finally got enough gold scales for the Legendary Cap. I'd been grinding for scales the moment that hat became available. And during that grind, I noticed that whenever the Hydra Splatling (my love, my dearly beloved) was in the rotation, including random rotations, I would ALWAYS get at least 1 gold scale. It didn't matter what the map was or if I was the one actually using it (though that usually meant we'd actually get through the wave).

On any other salmon rotation, it's always bronze and silver scales. I NEEDED to be in the presence of my one true love for fortune to fall upon me.

Anyone got something similar?

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
conversely to your hydra in salmon superstition, the goo tuber is my bad luck charm in salmon run. i swear it's not just that it's a charger and i'm bad with chargers. i can squeeze by if i get any other charger, even liter. BUT. if i get the goo tuber the shift is doomed no matter how well i manage to use it. there's ghosts in that gun

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Whenever I have a win streak the game just doesn't want to let me play on the 2nd map in rotation.
Once I lose a match though, the game will finally let me play on it.
It's been a very consistent thing but it doesn't bother me unless the map that I'm stuck with is awful.

Pronouns
hot/blaster
Switch Friend Code
SW-6602-0656-0902
my superstition is that i don't think the splatoon devs actually try to understand the game outside of what they just so happen to find :p
and my jump shot 1 shots with perfect accuracy and no InAc is 50/50 so clearly the jump RNG maths is similar to what's used for minecraft particle summons (it does fancy maths to make the spread of the particles end up closer to the starting point)

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
I thought I didn't have one till I was playing and chatting with my brother the other day about the emotes in this game and I said I like the Dab emote but I don't use it because when ever I use it I go on a big losing streak till I take it off

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
Not sure if this counts but I feel like I play better when I eat spicy food first. This might have some basis in reality like... maybe it increases blood circulation or something, but at this point I think the belief gives me confidence that does translate into playing better, so I keep trying to believe it even though it feels absurd just to keep the placebo effect working, hah.

TOD13

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
if i'm in a Ranked match and a C-Side song starts playing, i am going to lose horribly. especially if that song is Clickbait.

TOD13

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure if this counts but I feel like I play better when I eat spicy food first. This might have some basis in reality like... maybe it increases blood circulation or something, but at this point I think the belief gives me confidence that does translate into playing better, so I keep trying to believe it even though it feels absurd just to keep the placebo effect working, hah.
dang, i gotta try that out

Tam_4

Inkster Jr.
Squidbagging can cause bad luck.

(in reality it’s the fact you waste time in the game trying to humiliate your opponent instead of helping your team)

Cephalobro

Another superstition, whenever I'm so close to finishing something completely, the game seems to do everything in its power to try to prevent me from doing so.

A prime example being Tableturf Cards, there's only one that I need before having all of them. I'm somehow one Card Bit short of obtaining it and it seems that the drops for the cards became rarer than Banners for some strange reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom