• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I never understood why people feel the need to spam it. All they're doing is getting on everyone's nerves. Low tide and everyone is at the basket? Let's spam "This way!" anyway! I often express my discontent with these people by rapidly spamming "This way!" while running around in circles. I'll jump in the water if the round is over. I don't run into them as often as I used to, but they still creep up on you.

I usually just do it at the start of the round if I spot the enemies so we'll get a nice head start. I'll do it if there's a group of enemies that I can't take on by myself. I'll also use it if there's a low tide, and a teammate hasn't caught on yet. Finally, fog waves require "This way!".

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Please stop guarding eggs unless it's Find the Goldie wave (did I say it before? Oh... right, new squids...).

Also, telling your teammates to get on unactivated basket before it pops out is wasting time.

When there is Glowfly round, I usually go to chokepoint and use 'This Way!'... but at one time, in Spawning Grounds, all co-workers ignored me. Great. You can guess what happened next.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Oh... just another Grizzco Brella rotation. I guess not every special rotation will have a new weapon. Still want to see a grizzco charger

Yusuke

Inkling
NNID
Yusuke
Please stop guarding eggs unless it's Find the Goldie wave (did I say it before? Oh... right, new squids...)..
Precisely!

Besides that, most recurrent mistakes that makes me wanna break the controller (!):
(1) The crew is having a hard time (mostly in high tide and Glowflies), but people don't trigger the special. What the hell are they saving it for?;
(2) Not using the Stingray against the Mothership when it moves. Classic... More than once, I've seen people in the Square saying something like "Use the f****** Stingray in Mothership"! Of course I "Yeah" to that!

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I don't think this rotation was 100% random. Sure you have a random chance to get some weapons, but it seems like some weapons were more likely than others. I played until 400 Profresh, and I only got a Charger once, and a "bad" weapon, the Octobrush, once. It seems they favored more high tier weapons on this rotation. The two weapons I got more than anything were the Grizzco Brella and the Splash-o-matic. There was one round where I got the Grizzco Brella all 3 times! I guess they did this to make sure less people get really bad comps.

Stinks I didn't get a magical Gootuber, Tenta Brella, and Dynamo round, but this smooth "random" loadout was still nice. Had an excellent 30 egg Griller wave. Had one where no-one died the entire match.

My biggest issue with this all random round is the fact that it took part during the brunt of the Splatfest. I ended up not caring at all for the Splatfest because I wanted to do Salmon Run! A Splatfest is once every month, but an all random Salmon Run is apparently super rare. That, and I've always enjoyed PvE over PvP.

Also stinks there was no new Grizzco weapon. A Splatling or Charger that didn't require a charge would be cool.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Grizzco brella helps a lot with the occasional bad comp, it inks so extremely well it puts the pre-nerf aero to shame. Overall had a fun time,really wish people would stick to the mainland during high-tide though. Can't tell how many times someone went to the other island and then accidentally dove straight in the drink when trying to use the platforms.

Really hoping we'll get a new grizzco weapon soon.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Despite lucky rotations, I hope I'd have more luck with my teammates. I've lost a lot in high profreshional with seemingly perfect and easy to use weapons this time. While the overall look of the weapons has been good, I've gotten nozzles, brushes and Gootuber quite often. Different chargers aswell but I like using them.

But despite everything, all random weapons is super fun and I can say I enjoy it a lot more than the usual deal.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I'm wondering if those Blaster and Brella are Mr. Grizz's favourite weapon types... IIRC, he said that Blaster is one of his faves. Ah, we wish we get more OP weapons...

Huh, I never got Goo Tuber. It's mostly E-litre 4K (Scope as well). Also, got N-Zap more often. Used Duelie Squelchers, Bamboozler and Inkbrush once.

Last edited:

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Yeah I've seen a lot N-Zap in my lobbies too!

I actually hit my new record on SR with the rank of profreshional 650 with this rotation and might get a bit more! The issue of players not using their specials causes a lot losses this high up, with how much the bosses swarm and at times that one Splashdown could really prevent us from teamwiping - but no better never use them just incase. I've been stuck with Stingray a lot on this rotation so I just have to silently watch in misery! :oops: And having a lot rounds where no one else seems to care about dealing with Flyfishes T.T

But hey despite all the unfortunate matches there's the good ones!

Edit: Hit 720! :)

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't think this rotation was 100% random. Sure you have a random chance to get some weapons, but it seems like some weapons were more likely than others. I played until 400 Profresh, and I only got a Charger once, and a "bad" weapon, the Octobrush, once. It seems they favored more high tier weapons on this rotation.
I've seen lots of long range chargers (a few times 2 out of 4 were long-range chargers), Octobrushes, and even multiple Flingza Rollers and Dynamo Rollers, so I'm pretty sure it is completely random. Well, save for the fact that the Grizzco Blaster is more common, of course. Which is funny because they call it a rare weapon when you get it.

Besides, I doubt the developers would make their own list of weapons they consider high or low tier.

Anyway, it was pretty fun, besides the fact that the actual rewards weren't that helpful (really all I got out of it that was really worthwile was two drinks).

iced potato

Senior Squid
Sure didn't feel 100% random to me since I didn't really get much of a variety. Most of the time I was given chargers and blasters, especially the Rapid and Rapid Pro. I didn't keep count, but I got them both a LOOOOOT!

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Yeah I've seen a lot N-Zap in my lobbies too!

I actually hit my new record on SR with the rank of profreshional 650 with this rotation and might get a bit more! The issue of players not using their specials causes a lot losses this high up, with how much the bosses swarm and at times that one Splashdown could really prevent us from teamwiping - but no better never use them just incase. I've been stuck with Stingray a lot on this rotation so I just have to silently watch in misery! :oops: And having a lot rounds where no one else seems to care about dealing with Flyfishes T.T

But hey despite all the unfortunate matches there's the good ones!
No one dealing with Flyfish? Yep, I get that a lot. In general, I find that my co-workers tend to ignore them and Stingers the most. You know, the ones with the infinite range that spell the most danger to the crew? Yeah, let's just not do anything about them. What could possibly go wrong? These words are often followed by a team wipe and a tinge of regret from bad decision making. On a similar note, I had one match where too many Flyfish had stacked up against us so I fired up the ol' Inkjet and took out three of them singlehandedly in one use of the jets! I walked away from that shift as a winner. :cool:

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Oh, before I forget...

@Tsene Welcome to Squidboards! I hope you feel at home with our little community. Also, I love your profile pic! :)

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
No one dealing with Flyfish? Yep, I get that a lot. In general, I find that my co-workers tend to ignore them and Stingers the most. You know, the ones with the infinite range that spell the most danger to the crew? Yeah, let's just not do anything about them. What could possibly go wrong? These words are often followed by a team wipe and a tinge of regret from bad decision making. On a similar note, I had one match where too many Flyfish had stacked up against us so I fired up the ol' Inkjet and took out three of them singlehandedly in one use of the jets! I walked away from that shift as a winner. :cool:
Yeah same thing. I go out of my way regardless of my weapon being efficient or not to deal with those two bosses very often. Sometimes succesfully, sometimes not :) Man that's one nice Inkjet blowout! I think that's the special I have most issues with, my aim can be extremely good and then next match I have a lot troubles. That's my own shortcoming on the mode, and I'll get better at it eventually.

Oh, before I forget...

@Tsene Welcome to Squidboards! I hope you feel at home with our little community. Also, I love your profile pic! :)
Thank you! It's a nice place for sure. And yes, the Marina fanart is my favorite :)

Last edited:

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Grizz brella is awesome against hordes! I managed to get 125 total eggs

Wow! I really love the Grizz brella aswell. I was lucky enough to get it often, kind of as a make up for my less ideal loudouts - and that one time we had 4 Grizz brellas was the easiest round ever. I'll miss the 4 random weapons shift for sure.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I believe the all random shifts come once every month. I've seen them pop up a few times and they are always a blast when they do! Though I am still waiting to see a GrizzCo Charger or Splatling. Please, Mr. Grizz? Share the love with your employees!

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I got a lot of multiple chargers in the random shift. It worked out better for the crew then I expected.

The only time I spam 'this way' is when i have a few Scrappers locked down but no good way to get around them to finish them off.

It would be nice to have some more 'special' Salmon Run load-outs during the splatfest for those like me that does not like turf/splatfests.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So what were your experiences with the last loadout, Glooga/Tri/Undercover/Splatterscope?

I think this might have been the hardest SR run yet. Your only source of inking are the gloogas, while Tri usually has to handle mobs. Undercover basically has to keep fetching eggs because it's dps is so bad it cannot deal with mobs at all. Scope is supposed to pick off bosses but most of the time the map was absolutely swarming with mobs, meaning it has to just try to stay alive on it's own. I really had a tough time with this one.

Most of my games i had only 10-20 eggs eggs collected per round.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
So what were your experiences with the last loadout, Glooga/Tri/Undercover/Splatterscope?

I think this might have been the hardest SR run yet. Your only source of inking are the gloogas, while Tri usually has to handle mobs. Undercover basically has to keep fetching eggs because it's dps is so bad it cannot deal with mobs at all. Scope is supposed to pick off bosses but most of the time the map was absolutely swarming with mobs, meaning it has to just try to stay alive on it's own. I really had a tough time with this one.

Most of my games i had only 10-20 eggs eggs collected per round.
It was definitely a more tricky rotation and it really showed if someone in the team was doing a lackluster job! Very unforgiving loadout, but with good teamwork extremely satisfying to finish :) Also I've lost count how many times I've rolled into the water while handling dualies :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom