Grizzco Break Room

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Speaking of Steel Eels, do they keep doubling up for anyone else? I keep seeing two of them spawn at the same time lately. (Annoying for me-I have to wait for them to separate before I can start splatting them) It seems odd, because while I've seen bosses of the same kind spawning together before, I never saw it with Steel Eels, and certainly not this often.
I get double bosses of all types pretty frequently, but it's most noticeable with Steel Eels because the second one sticks its head right on top of the first one's weak spot. I've gotten triple Steel Eels before, too, which is pretty awful, as they're cutting off a good chunk of the map by the time they become vulnerable. They often cut me off from the egg basket and prevent me from helping in the battle for a good long while.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
I'm loving that we get to keep 100-point job rankings! Now if only Grizz would let us hold onto a little more....

Speaking of, I recently came up with a bit of a crack theory on Mr. Grizz's identity:
Mr. Krabbs, collecting food supply for the patties at the Krusty Krab.

Even though the Krusty Krab is based on your typical burger-and-fries restaurant, there's not much to suggest that the patties they use are made of beef. They're underwater, and don't seem to have much contact with the surface world, given how much Sandy feels like an outsider. And given that the citizens are all quite small species (sponge, crab, fish, squirrel), beef patties might be too big for them, anyway. So what might they be using instead?

Why not egg yolks?

Egg yolks are actually full of nutrients for growing embryos, so they're probably a great meal. In fact, I think this might actually be why Boss Salmonids have golden eggs in the first place-they need all the energy in the field. Not to imply that the Salmonids are eating their young! (Although that isn't outside the realm of possibility in marine life) Inside the Golden Eggs is a fish skeleton, not an embyro-I think Golden Eggs are just Salmonids that didn't fully develop, so the yolk has gone unused. Likewise, this isn't to suggest that the Krusty Krab is a cannibal hangout. None of the residents look like Salmonids, and they're likely just eating the yolk. But customers might still raise some eyebrows at the origins of their food-so, naturally, Mr. Krabbs would want to keep his identity hidden.

I know crossover theories tend to have no canon basis, but we actually do know that some form of Spongebob exists in Splatoon's universe, because we had the Spongebob/Patrick Splatfest in Splatoon 1. Of course, if they're just TV characters, this theory is out the window. (There's also the question of the appearance of humans in some episodes of Spongebob, but Spongebob has been known to be full of canon errors....)

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
It was a mixed bag for me this round. Sometimes the random weapon was really cruel to us. One wave the random weapon ended up being an Octobrush, giving us two brushes. And they sent in grillers. X_X

Also, there's no reason for a Dynamo, Grizz. Was much happier with the Carbon Roller.
One time, I had a DC, and on final wave we’re given the 96, the Clash, and no Inkbrush... but the random was an Octobrush. Why Nintendo?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Well, starting at 100 certainly changes things. No more easy warmup rounds, every game was a nail-biter. But earning points was certainly a lot faster. And I think it does matchmaking better; I was mostly paired with teammates very close to my own skill level. A good change.

Padre

Pro Squid
Ugh, fell back to 200's. Stopped at 280. I was on autopilot, and two disconnects didn't help either. And the weapons were fine too. :(

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
This is something I've been seeing a lot lately...

A Flyfish has appeared!

Alright. I will approach with caution and prepare to use my bombs.

Flyfish has prepared its missiles!

Alright here I go!

A Drizzler has appeared!

Drizzler uses Guard to block the bomb!

This is usually followed by incomprehensible screaming and language that would be better left to the imagination. After retreating from the inevitable missile launch, I am left thinking two things.

1. How unlucky can one squid get!

2. Is it sad that the Salmonids are better teammates than my work crew?

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Oh, and on the point of the .96 Gal, Clash Blaster, Inkbrush, random loadout, I hated it! I had a horrible time with this one! The Inkbrush doesn't do much aside from inking ground and clearing mobs. Try telling that to the guy using it to try to take down a Steelhead with like as if it were his trusty katana and his name was Mitsurugi. The .96 Gal was okay, but the slow fire rate means that nothing will be going down too soon if it happens to be rather tanky...Scrappers. The Clash Blaster covers roughly the same territory as the Inkbrush except that it is a little worse at painting and a little better at fighting. Yay. Then there's the random. I was always happy when it did something sensible like give me a charger or dole out a Grizzco weapon. But there were rounds where I swear Mr. Grizz was just toying with us where he would give us a second brush! Mr. Grizz, if you want these eggs so badly, you need to give us more effective tools than that! Perhaps I am being overly salty because many of my fellow squids seem to not know how to use these weapons effectively. But this loadout was not fun for me.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This is something I've been seeing a lot lately...

A Flyfish has appeared!

Alright. I will approach with caution and prepare to use my bombs.

Flyfish has prepared its missiles!

Alright here I go!

A Drizzler has appeared!

Drizzler uses Guard to block the bomb!

This is usually followed by incomprehensible screaming and language that would be better left to the imagination. After retreating from the inevitable missile launch, I am left thinking two things.

1. How unlucky can one squid get!

2. Is it sad that the Salmonids are better teammates than my work crew?

I feel ya brother. I have to give props to the guys that made the salmonids AI. Did a hell of a good job.

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Was looking through old Salmon Run sessions (haven't been playing it recently), is it true that the first Salmon Run of March was 5pm-11pm (the next day)? Seems like weird timing for it.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
E-liter on Last outpost is rarely a fun time.

But when you try to snipe that Steelhead and it has it's attention on another squid, who's climbing up the wall for no reason, leaving the Steelhead spinning in confusion - man, I'm actually happy we just ended up wiping that round :D It's not a griller round silly squid!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So awesome seeing the Hydra when the smoke yard pops up.
Kinda have to agree and disagree simultaneously, that weapon is the definition of high risk, high reward in SR. If your team is overwhelmed, you're borderline useless... but if you have time to charge everything melts. Makes things interesting, at least!

Maave

Inkling Commander
Really lame your short range teammate decides that the splatling should pick up eggs while he mans the cannon. Yup, I'm really well suited for moving quickly.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It's worse when your long-range teammates get in the cannon right away---then abandon it after 20 seconds while you're out getting eggs, leaving you to wonder where your cover went.

Even better when then you spot a "Help!" coming from the complete other side of the map where the low tide is....

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I decided to keep track of all the random weapons we got this rotation (Aero/Charger/Luna/???). I forgot to write them down at the beginning, so it's not the entire 1200pts run, but you get the idea:

3x
-Dynamo Roller
-Goo Tuber

2x
-Grizzco Brella
-Blaster
-Dapple Dualies
-Heavy Splatling

1x
-Splattershot Jr.
-.52 Gal
-.96 Gal
-H-3 Nozzlenose
-Luna Blaster
-E-Liter
-Splat Roller
-Carbon Roller
-Flingza Roller
-Tenta Brella
-Octobrush

So...kind of an unlucky day over here. We got two of the worst, if not the two worst weapons three f'n times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom