• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
With Profresh 100+ added, it seems like there’s a slightly higher skill threshold to stay in; you don’t get any supersquids in Profresh 40 (speaking as a salmonid-splatter who used to scrape out a living getting carried by real pros.) Made it to 100 though; hopefully that’ll help curb the flow of incompetent teams.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
This rotation was tough. I start at profresh 400 now after the update and I still lost two of my first three shifts to fall to 360. Somehow I made it back before being done, but the rapid blaster pro, clash blaster and glooga dualies are all bottom-tier weapons in SR. I did discover that the rapid pro's range makes it pretty good at mothership waves. It's nice getting a good challenge, but when it's this tough and the first win comes on a shift when the same two people jump in the water before every wave it gets pretty irritating.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
This rotation was tough. I start at profresh 400 now after the update and I still lost two of my first three shifts to fall to 360. Somehow I made it back before being done, but the rapid blaster pro, clash blaster and glooga dualies are all bottom-tier weapons in SR. I did discover that the rapid pro's range makes it pretty good at mothership waves. It's nice getting a good challenge, but when it's this tough and the first win comes on a shift when the same two people jump in the water before every wave it gets pretty irritating.
I feel you; I lost so much rank because of bad teammates and disconnections recently that I'm over the progression.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
That last rotation was something else entirely. It re-ignited my heavy dislike towards the Gloogas, every other weapon worked fine for me though. And there's nothing like those waves where everything seems to spawn right next to the right elevator-thing. D: Shout-out to the amazing crew I had the honor to fish with! (Lim, Danku and J'Wiz, thanks again!)

Bonus:

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Wow i had a total opposite experience with this weekends load outs. The blaster x2 and dualies x2 was gravy. Now on the other hand the previous load out was brutal. Think I ended up loosing around 100 points in the profreshional rank. I just seemed like if you lost any ground or let more than 2 bosses stick around it was game over. The map selection did not help much either I think.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
@calamaro the loadout with the e-liter? If so, yeah I nearly got demoted playing that rotation. Blasters and duailes (though glooga dualies are not great, at all) is really good for salmon run. Maybe one day, I'll stop getting chargers in the rotation when I want to play.

Eh.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@calamaro the loadout with the e-liter? If so, yeah I nearly got demoted playing that rotation. Blasters and duailes (though glooga dualies are not great, at all) is really good for salmon run. Maybe one day, I'll stop getting chargers in the rotation when I want to play.

Eh.

Yes the E-Liter load out. I think Mr.Grizz was hungover or was still buzzing from the Octoling news...

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
So my issue with the E-Liter, Inkbrush, etc. loadout wasn't the E-Liter. Sure, there were times when the long charge time made things hard, but I actually like using Chargers in Salmon Run. My problem was the Inkbrush and the lack of weapon knowledge from my teammates that time around. I can make due with just about anything, with a few exceptions. The brushes being the big one. I can't stand any shift that makes us deal with a brush. Not only is it a pain on my fingers, but they don't do nearly enough to be worthwhile during the chaos that is a Salmon Run wave.

As for the issue with the Stingray, I am aware that it isn't very good when you are already in trouble, but that is a special that you aren't using reactively (don't know if this is a real word) to make a difference. You use it proactively to take down things before they get too out of hand. You need to be able to think one step ahead. See that Flyfish spawn over the grates in Lost Outpost? Stingray! No one able to reach that Stinger that is causing havoc and disarray amongst your crew? Stingray! Need to clear a lane for your team? Stingray! Need to put some better toppings on your ice cream sundae? Stingray, why the heck not? The problem that I am seeing with the Stingray is when to use it. It isn't something that you pop in reaction to things going poorly. You need to use it before that happens to make things smooth. Of course you don't use it when you are besieged by a horde of angry fish people. That would be suicidal! Don't use it to turn the tide. Use it to keep the tide from turning in the first place.

If I may offer a quick defense of the Glooga Dualies, remember that they deal way more damage after a roll during that "turret" mode. That firing pattern makes short work of bosses and clears many paths of the Salmon menace! Now if only it could fire a little faster... All in all, I thought that the worst weapon in the x2 blaster, x2 dualie composition was the Rapid Blaster Pro. I just found it to be too slow and not damaging enough for what Salmon Run is. Good range though. Had no trouble with Steelheads whenever I had it. But I think part of my problem with this loadout wasn't the weapons themselves. I play with a good friend of mine who means well, but is generally not very good at Salmon Run. I don't want to tell him to get lost so I can focus on raising my rank, but more often than not he is the weak link of my crew. Leaves me in a bit of a conundrum honestly.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I dunno if this is already mentioned... Goldie Seeking at Marooner's Bay is really terrible. Unlike other stages, Gushers are placed much closer and possiblilties are higher when you find Gusher spouting at higher height and there're 3-4 unopened Gushers next to it, IIRC. Compared to other stages since they placed sparsely, there're just 2 possible Gushers. Ugh.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Spawning Grounds during high tide can be a pain at times; who’s idea was it to put the quote basket near a Chum’s spawn point?
Sir, you haven't lived until you have been through a high tide wave on the Salmonid Smokeyard. You think that a few Chums coming to to hit you with a frying pan on high tide is bad? Try cleaning up one of the platforms of danger only to have a Steel Eel...I repeat, a Steel freakin' Eel, sneak up on you and lovingly introducing you to some of the more advanced Yoga positions. That's a thing, made even worse when there are more than one of those terrible metal snakes running amok in your work space which resembles the size of a small studio apartment.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A bit old but i found a previous vid. that shows the rare occurence of a ‘perfect’ goldie hide ‘n seek wave with randoms.
It's always such a relief if people are good at Goldie waves. You just know they're reliable enough to do the rest of the waves.

It's kind of weird that they refer to Goldies as females in the Dutch translation. It's even weirder that there's someone on this planet who has their Switch set in Dutch. How can you stand that, man? Everything sounds so super lame. Jelfonzo is kinda funny though.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
It's always such a relief if people are good at Goldie waves. You just know they're reliable enough to do the rest of the waves.

It's kind of weird that they refer to Goldies as females in the Dutch translation. It's even weirder that there's someone on this planet who has their Switch set in Dutch. How can you stand that, man? Everything sounds so super lame. Jelfonzo is kinda funny though.
Indeed, while hid ’n seek does require alot of coordination.
not randomly shooting each place and staying together goes a long way!

Dutch becuase: i’m native dutch :D and tbh, they did a great job at the translation here.
Usually i find them cringy but this one remains it’s charm and humor. Bonus points for dutch puns!
And well, splatoon 2 is ‘ language locked’ and i don’t import.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Indeed, while hid ’n seek does require alot of coordination.
not randomly shooting each place and staying together goes a long way!

Dutch becuase: i’m native dutch :D and tbh, they did a great job at the translation here.
Usually i find them cringy but this one remains it’s charm and humor. Bonus points for dutch puns!
And well, splatoon 2 is ‘ language locked’ and i don’t import.
Actually, as long as your Switch is set to English, games will be in English as well. I have the Dutch version as well, but I play it in English.

IDK, some of it is pretty good, but still, Dutch is such a lame sounding language to me. It just doesn't fit in video games. They did have some good names for stuff, and it's certainly better than a lot of other Dutch Nintendo translations. But they always make some really stupid choices as well, such as renaming Off the Hook Tentacool (not only is it not even really Dutch-ified, it's a friggin' Pokémon) or having very same-y and confusing weapon names. Though I admire 'Vinvis Fitness' and Lekkerbektrack'.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Actually, as long as your Switch is set to English, games will be in English as well. I have the Dutch version as well, but I play it in English.

IDK, some of it is pretty good, but still, Dutch is such a lame sounding language to me. It just doesn't fit in video games. They did have some good names for stuff, and it's certainly better than a lot of other Dutch Nintendo translations. But they always make some really stupid choices as well, such as renaming Off the Hook Tentacool (not only is it not even really Dutch-ified, it's a friggin' Pokémon) or having very same-y and confusing weapon names. Though I admire 'Vinvis Fitness' and Lekkerbektrack'.
It may be just my place but mixing english in dutch is pretty common.
anyway, I really don’t mind it.
RPG’s and stuff like FE: shadows of valentia is another story, but in a more goofy game like sploon or zelda BOTW it’s good to my.
Anyway i stop here before i derail this thread too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom