• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Guess The Person Above You's Username Origin

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
for a second i read it as "coolio and idea"
perhaps a username you thought of a while back and stuck with? that or its from a game/show..

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
That's gotta be a portmanteau of two different Kirby bosses, unless an actual boss by that name exists... ?

Also, I'm gonna be pretty mean in this game because I have an excellent memory for origins of usernames if they've even once been mentioned in passing elsewhere on the forum.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
2 kinds of fish put together? I know a cuttlefish is a thing, but I'm not sure if there's a fish that ends with shock. I remember reading yours in the other thread but I'm not going to cheat and find it again.

This thread won't work well for me, I put no effort into creating this name. The person below me can just make up an origin. I kinda wish I could change my username to a better one, but even if I did, no one would know who I was after this. Although, that doesn't really matter for anywhere except this website and maybe YouTube, I obviously use my normal name for Facebook, and everywhere else I use this name is just an online game.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
The relation to cuttlefish is entirely retroactive (that is, I didn't think of it when I made this name, but part of why I've kept it for so long is because of them).

So no real origin? Explains why I didn't know of one... it's just one of those nice-reading, meaningless 5~7-letter online handles that sound like names. My personal favourite style of username, honestly - it has loads of longevity because of its lack of direct association with any potentially fleeting interests and is always unique to the owner.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
The relation to cuttlefish is entirely retroactive (that is, I didn't think of it when I made this name, but part of why I've kept it for so long is because of them).

So no real origin? Explains why I didn't know of one... it's just one of those nice-reading, meaningless 5~7-letter online handles that sound like names. My personal favourite style of username, honestly - it has loads of longevity because of its lack of direct association with any potentially fleeting interests and is always unique to the owner.
Thanks for writing that, it made me feel better for having an uninspired username among all these ones that people put a lot more time into creating.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
That's gotta be a portmanteau of two different Kirby bosses, unless an actual boss by that name exists... ?

Also, I'm gonna be pretty mean in this game because I have an excellent memory for origins of usernames if they've even once been mentioned in passing elsewhere on the forum.
Its from kirby but its based on the game modes you play as Meta Knight on!
As for anaru's name... It sounds like the japanese name for a pokemon, but I forgot which

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
you caught me red handed
watson makes me think of the sherlock character (i read a book)
though its probably just something from a game

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Perhaps you like the color gold to go with you real name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom