Guessing how Grizzco Roller is going to work

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's probably going to be a giant, mechanical roller with spikes that focuses on the rolling aspect by making it extremely fast and instantly kill lessers and other boss salmonids by rolling into them. It might even be able to pierce through armor but I'm not confident in that, though it would be cool.
Maybe it'll also only have a horizontal swing with startup similar to Dynamo but increased damage, longer range, but worse paint.
The major downside would of course be how slow the horizontal swing is plus terrible ink efficiency, similar to other Grizzco weapons.

That's just my guess though but I'm excited to see it since I thought they were done with Grizzco weapons.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
hmmm... I think that the grizzco charger, stinger, and stamper don't suck people are just bad at them

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I agree, though I think they’re going to lean into a steamroller aesthetic rather than making it spiky. As for the flick, I can’t really say. Could be fast and weak, or strong and slow. I feel like they’ll either make the roll really fast or really ink efficient, alongside being high damage.

Cephalobro

I would prefer that the Grizzco Roller does pierce through armor. In fact, the Dynamo Roller can already crush Cohocks in one go. Who isn't to say we get a Grizzco Roller that can pierce through armor, but the trail of ink it leaves is thinner than the Splat Roller as a drawback for being so good? I would really prefer the drawback be that rather than the drawback being that it consumes a lot of ink, it has gotten old at this point being that the Grizzco Slosher already having that, plus we do need at least one OP Grizzco weapon to compensate with how there's no limit to how many Salmonids actually spawn.

Last edited:

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Crushing every salmonid sounds so fun, but damn, this would be a hard weapon, since even when rolling you're still kind of vulnerable

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
I imagine the roll will be really good but the windup will be terrible like 2-3 times as slow as dynamo
cant wait to find out how it actually works

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
All we can do is just wait for the next big run and then we will see what the hell this is

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
honestly my own idea for it a while was the opposite: what if you just can't move when rolling? instead, you'd roll in place, creating a very high damage wall that enemies can walk into, shredding them instantly? your flick would still be good and would be how you deal damage from any range at all
i'm not totally confident that that's what they'll do, it's probably too weird to be realistic, but overall my main thought is this: they'll need to have done a lot of brainstorming on how to make it feel distinct from dynamo. because, honestly, dynamo feels nearly good enough in salmon run to be a grizzco weapon just on its own; it's obviously not quite there but i do have my doubts that the new roller will be "dynamo but it moves fast". i think it's gotta have some unique gimmick to make it play different, because a good powerful roll is already how you play dynamo most of the time

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
honestly my own idea for it a while was the opposite: what if you just can't move when rolling? instead, you'd roll in place, creating a very high damage wall that enemies can walk into, shredding them instantly? your flick would still be good and would be how you deal damage from any range at all
i'm not totally confident that that's what they'll do, it's probably too weird to be realistic, but overall my main thought is this: they'll need to have done a lot of brainstorming on how to make it feel distinct from dynamo. because, honestly, dynamo feels nearly good enough in salmon run to be a grizzco weapon just on its own; it's obviously not quite there but i do have my doubts that the new roller will be "dynamo but it moves fast". i think it's gotta have some unique gimmick to make it play different, because a good powerful roll is already how you play dynamo most of the time
wow, a massive wall during rush while you have glow flies is a great idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom