Hackers are back!

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
My brother found this link on GameFAQs and says that apparently the average person can hack the game and make weapons and other things do crazy things like the video shows. It's very short and yes I know it's in Japanese, but you can tell this person has some how sped up their character and knows exactly where the other is going to be instantly. Pretty sure the luna blaster doesn't go THAT fast. Anyway, just a heads up and thought I should warn others.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
lol I'm the one who created the topic.

But yeah the Luna Blaster player is obviously using hacks to win. I hope he gets banned for that.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Didn't know that was you! That's cool that you found out, too. :) I hope he gets banned, too. Totally unfair!

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
We all know the Luna blaster is one of the most underused and weakest weapons in the game, so hacking to make it better is totally justified. Like come on Nintendo it needs a big buff, like have you seen how utterly useless it is in tower control?
I was about to go on a bit of a rant, luckily I can read sarcasm.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
We all know the Luna blaster is one of the most underused and weakest weapons in the game, so hacking to make it better is totally justified. Like come on Nintendo it needs a big buff, like have you seen how utterly useless it is in tower control?
I'm really hoping this is sarcasm.

Anyway, do you think this sort of thing has leaked onto public online modes yet? I mean, I've seen some weird things before, but none as obvious as this. What I have seen I've always assumed was lag.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oy vey... that was equal parts amazing and horrifying.

And now my mind's swarming with what other possibilities there are. It's kinda scary, actually.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I know. I mean, seriously, the walk speed is so slow, coupled with your mediocre ink coverage it make it near impossible to safely approach an enemy. Especially in Tower Control, where the tower often blocks your shots and prevents the full blast radius. Giving it the fire rate of an Aerospray and the run speed of an Inkbrush is a perfectly reasonable buff.

Jakkie

Full Squid
I know. I mean, seriously, the walk speed is so slow, coupled with your mediocre ink coverage it make it near impossible to safely approach an enemy. Especially in Tower Control, where the tower often blocks your shots and prevents the full blast radius. Giving it the fire rate of an Aerospray and the run speed of an Inkbrush is a perfectly reasonable buff.
And give it a good Kraken.

That should make it more balanced.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Those are not hacks, it's the developer's luna blaster.

But in all seriousness, do we have to worry about our consoles getting bricked like the time octolings appeared online?

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Those are not hacks, it's the developer's luna blaster.

But in all seriousness, do we have to worry about our consoles getting bricked like the time octolings appeared online?
The reason octolings bricked the game was because if there was an octoling in the last match you played and you go to your plaza, it tries to load the octoling model in your plaza but can't. Since they didn't change anything physical about the character, it shouldn't crash the game. You might be disconnected though due to the game getting confused.

STELLAR-V™

Inkster Jr.
Honestly, though that player will obviously be banned, that would be hilarious to see in battle. The Luna is strong enough as is, but to boost it like that isn't even possible to be angry about. ....Unless you lose an S rank because of it.

It's little things like boosting a monster of a weapon through hacks that can make me laugh real hard.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
This gives me vibes about that Octoling scenario that happened. It's totally not the same since it's just an inkling using a legal just hacked weapon but I don't know how to react.

NW did a version of it in recon with a different gun before she got banned. I find it very coincidental that it's happened only slightly later since NW has said she never told anyone.

squidsauce

Inkling
NNID
SWchimchar
If this is possible, what else could be able to happen? A roller with infinite range? A slosher that covers everything around you within a 20 foot radius? Infinite inkstrikes? Infinite krakens?

Next thing we know, someones going to play as one of the singleplayer bosses. It doesn't sound possible, but someone is going to make it possible. I just know it.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
NW did a version of it in recon with a different gun before she got banned. I find it very coincidental that it's happened only slightly later since NW has said she never told anyone.
The Wii U has a lot of "homebrewers." NWPlayer isn't the only hacker. Since people have been able to emulate the Wii U on their PCs, it's opened up a whole world of modding for Splatoon

If this is possible, what else could be able to happen? A roller with infinite range? A slosher that covers everything around you within a 20 foot radius? Infinite inkstrikes? Infinite krakens?

Next thing we know, someones going to play as one of the singleplayer bosses. It doesn't sound possible, but someone is going to make it possible. I just know it.
If a person can access the game data files, this isn't hard at all. Hackers have already made a save editor for Splatoon that can unpack the proprietary archives the game uses. That's the hard part. Once you have that, you'd use a save editor just like you would Action Replay or Gameshark: just do a RAM write to replace vanilla game values with modded ones. This is literally no different from using AR codes to get a shiny level 5 Garchomp with perfect EVs, IVs, and maxed stats in an area where they don't appear. I don't know why so many people here think hacking is some type of sorcery. A person is simply changing the instructions the game engine carries out and that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom