• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hacking Gear Abilities

Do you use hacks?

• Yes... :)

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • No, of course not!

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • I tried to, but I got banned

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I tried to use it, but it didn't work

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
I used hacked gear. But honestly, it doesn't make you an automatic winner, it still takes skills to win.
I think that's just an excuse to hack your gear.

If skill is really more important than having good gear, then how come so many people go through all the trouble of hacking just to get good gear in the first place?

Obviously if they could preform as well as they could with the hacked gear equipped, they wouldn't want to hack their gear in the first place

Last edited:

Lazuli

Inkling
I haven't hacked my gear b/c I don't care enough about it to figure out how it works. Sub abilities impact on performance is pretty minor, I get by just fine with random abilities.

Ryou

Inkling
I didn't for a long time but then everybody had triples and if you can't beat them join them x_x with the imrpovements they made in the second game i definitely wont be hacking though, really like the idea of ability chunks

Maave

Inkling Commander
I hacked my gear many months ago to get the regular perfect gear, but I didn't add all the gear because that'd make it pretty boring. Then I bought a ton more gear and kept rolling gear, so I have a big mix of perfect and not-quite-perfect gear. Buy gear and unlocking the gear slots is satisfying, but playing the Spyke Slot Machine is boring as hell.

Darius

Inkling
NNID
Darius
Switch Friend Code
SW-8548-3228-2985
I've never taken the time to hack. It seem rather tedious. Between the food cart and ability chunks it seems rather pointless and I definitely don't want to get caught.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Only reason I ever hacked my gear was because of how RNG (short term for something that is completely randomized) dependent the rolling system was. If i'm going to play ranked for say, 2 hours, and hypothetically gain up to 100-200k in gold and use all of it to roll my gear to get the stuff i want and still never get it, then yeah im going to stop wasting my time grinding cash just to waste 90% of it.

I can understand the gripes with "hacking" because that word alone eludes to the fact that you would be cheating and that would constitute as an unfair advantage. however, the difference between hacking your gear so that all of it is perfect roles and actually legitimately cheating by manipulating matches is completely different. you can roll a perfect set of gear naturally and it would be no different from the gear you hack. Now if there was some gear hacking application that did get developed for splatoon 2, i'm not gonna lie I would probably use it. but the thing with this game is that there is less of a a need for it because of how balanced they made the system overall. Splathax was created because the system wasnt balanced. so i doubt there will be a need to do all of that again this time around.

IcySetsuna

Inkling
Ehhh...does it count if my brother hacks?

yes, no? ok bai

Do I approve of it? Kinda.
It is satisfying to get full strength up without hacking, but in Splatoon 2 they added more chances to get a perfect. I have not checked the percentage on how much you could get that brands ability, but to me it feels like the percentage went up.

Nah, It doesn't count if someone else hacked your game without you knowing

The reason for hacking is very understandable, the re-roll function is really bad, so it doesn't surprise me that people would try to find a way around it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom