TechGuy456

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
TechGuy456
Switch Friend Code
SW-6050-5614-1246
I've heard from some people who did a hackless run that I cannot use vending machines in a hackless run. However, I have an idea. Suppose there are two floors that I do not like and a vending machine. Can I use the vending machine floor as a floor skip? As in, going to the vending machine but immediately skipping it?

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I've heard from some people who did a hackless run that I cannot use vending machines in a hackless run. However, I have an idea. Suppose there are two floors that I do not like and a vending machine. Can I use the vending machine floor as a floor skip? As in, going to the vending machine but immediately skipping it?
yes, you can skip a floor, but that takes away the reward of beating hackless

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
There is no one "correct" way to play side order hackless. The name hackless means that you can't use hacks, and if you use hacks, you can't really claim it's a hackless run, but aside from that you can use whatever rules you like and make it as difficult as you like.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Wait, really? That would explain why I didn't get a special reward on my hackless playthrough.
I'm going to have to do it again, aren't I...

The hackless reward isn't the same as the Eight Palette Clear badge, right?

carro179

Inkling
Pronouns
yes
Switch Friend Code
SW-7820-5913-3313
Wait, really? That would explain why I didn't get a special reward on my hackless playthrough.

There's a Low Hacks 8 Pallete badge given for beating 8's pallete with 4 or less hacks, but I'm kinda sure that's it

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114

There is no special reward for beating side order hackless. It's just a fun challenge you can try. That's why I said you can do it however you like.

Cephalobro

There's a Low Hacks 8 Pallete badge given for beating 8's pallete with 4 or less hacks, but I'm kinda sure that's it
And I don't know if this is intentional but...

The Risky Rewards Hack actually doesn't count towards active hacks when you play with Eight's Palette. You could technically have 5 hacks and still get the badge, but one of the 5 would have to be Risky Rewards Hack.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
And I don't know if this is intentional but...

The Risky Rewards Hack actually doesn't count towards active hacks when you play with Eight's Palette. You could technically have 5 hacks and still get the badge, but one of the 5 would have to be Risky Rewards Hack.
It's definitely intentional.
It doesn't count towards itself either

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom