Hard data: Gear abilities percentual effects!

Njok

Bouncer
Swim Speed Up:
  • 1x Main = +10%
  • 2x Main = +15% (+5% stand-alone)
  • 3x Main´= +20% (+5% stand-alone)
  • 1x Sub = +5%
  • 2x Sub = +7.5% (+2.5% stand-alone)
  • 3x Sub = 10% (+2.5% stand-alone)
  • Cap: +25%
  • Amount of abilities to reach cap: 3x main + 2x sub
  • Diminishing returns: Effect halved after the first main/sub ability.
so my question is when you have the ability ninja squid on and your swim speed gets reduced by (I think?) 10%, can you raise it with more equipment boosts back to the cap of 25%? Or is it still considered to be maxed out with 2X main and 3X sub even though its been reduced from the cap?

Or is it that you can never have more than 3 boosts from main or sub?
You'd need Ninja Squid gear with swim speed to even test this, so i don't think anyone has done that yet (seeing as that is pretty rare gear).

Sert

Inkling
NNID
Sert64
Hey, first of all thanks a ton Yhdiste for your fantastic work.
Since the Blaster can have "sour" shots[worst possible damage with the impact] I've tested out how to counter the rarely used defense ability, just some minor stuff.
For the normal blaster you can ALWAYS only have to do 2 blastershots to kill enemies with:
main 1 def = 2 sub atk[47.4 x [4 + 3]%]
main 2 def = 1 main atk + 1 sub atk [45.3 x [9+4]%]
main 3 def = 1 main atk + 2 sub atk [43.7 x [9+4+3]%]
and if your opponent goes crazy and max out his def to the max:
main 3 def+ 3 sub def = 3 main atk + 1 sub atk [40 x [9+7+5+4]%]

Thanks again for that great list.

Noise Tank

Full Squid
Damage Up
  • 1x Main = +9%
  • 2x Main = +16% (+7% stand-alone)
  • 3x Main = ´+21% (+5% stand-alone)
  • 1x Sub = +4%
  • 2x Sub = +7% (+3% stand-alone)
  • 3x Sub = +9% (+2% stand-alone)
  • Cap: +30%
  • Amount of abilities to reach cap: 3x main + 3x sub
  • Diminishing returns: -2% for every stacked main ability.-1% for every stacked sub ability.
with 3x main + 3x sub, I get 50.5 damage from an uncharged charger shot, while with 3x main + 5 subs I get 51.2, implying that the only cap is when you run oout of slots on your gear. I guess this was already pointed out with the special saver, but I really wish someone would get the definitive numbers from the actual game code to paint a clearer picture of ability effects.

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
Cap is 3s respawn animation and 2s slat cam no matter how much you stack
So after some insane luck I managed to get gear with 2 Quick respawn mains and 4 subs, I was wondering if the calculator was still reliable because it says with 2 mains and 4 subs it is 5.12s, which is still above 5 seconds, would that be under the cap?

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Swim Speed Up:
  • 1x Main = +10%
  • 2x Main = +15% (+5% stand-alone)
  • 3x Main´= +20% (+5% stand-alone)
  • 1x Sub = +5%
  • 2x Sub = +7.5% (+2.5% stand-alone)
  • 3x Sub = 10% (+2.5% stand-alone)
  • Cap: +25%
  • Amount of abilities to reach cap: 3x main + 2x sub
so my question is when you have the ability ninja squid on and your swim speed gets reduced by (I think?) 10%, can you raise it with more equipment boosts back to the cap of 25%? Or is it still considered to be maxed out with 2X main and 3X sub even though its been reduced from the cap?

Or is it that you can never have more than 3 boosts from main or sub?
I don't see why it wouldn't cap at the max % still, although it'd be hard because you'd need:

2x Main - one main would counteract ninja squid, and 2 would put you at a measly +5%
....and 8x Sub. Good luck, have fun :ability_swimspeed:

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Running Speed Up:
  • 1x Main = +15%
  • 2x main = +22.5% (+7.5% stand-alone)
  • 3x Main = +30% (+7.5% stand-alone)
  • 1x Sub = +7.5%
  • 2x Sub = +11.25% (+3.75% stand-alone)
  • 3x Sub = +15% (+3.75% stand-alone)
  • Cap: +50%
  • Amount of abilities to reach cap: 3x main + 5x sub
I'm looking at this^ again, since I'd like to see how things are at the cap, and I'm still not following something:

If you have 1x main, then the effect of any additional main or sub will be halved. So, the first main will boost speed by 15%, the second will boost it by 7.5%. Since 3x sub is equivalent to 1x main, if you have 1x main then 3x sub will also boost your speed by 7.5% - that is, it will be equivalent to adding an additional main.

So, supposing you already have 1x main, the numbers given above for subs should be halved. This must be the case, else 1x main + 1x sub would be equivalent to 2x main, and that can't be right (incidentally, this error is present in this calculator).

But in this case, 3x main + 5x sub will not be sufficient to reach the cap of 50% - this calculation overlooks the fact (if indeed it is a fact) that the effect of any sub is halved if you have at least one main - you'd need around 3x main + 8x sub to hit 50%.

What am I missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom