• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hard data: Gear abilities percentual effects!

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Thanks for that piece of info. Im surprised a Range Up perk isnt a thing tbh; seems like it would fit in perfectly in this game.

Arcadian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SpeedOfSloth
Exellent thread, very useful. Looking forward to seeing the results of the Ink Saver Sub and Ink Saver Main tests!

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Thanks for that piece of info. Im surprised a Range Up perk isnt a thing tbh; seems like it would fit in perfectly in this game.
Yup, I was wondering the same thing already, too. Same goes for "fire rate up". Range up would be great for chargers, too. I'd like a way to counter these scope chargers without switching to E-Liter...

On another note - is there any progress with the stats which don't have exact hard data values yet? I'm especially interested in Quick Respawn, i.e. how many do you have to stack to max this out?

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
Any info found yet on the cap for Quick Respawn? That would really help me a lot.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Any info found yet on the cap for Quick Respawn? That would really help me a lot.
The Prima Guide says up to 66% on Quick Respawn so it would be 2 seconds + 3 from the respawn animation totaling 5 seconds since it only reduces the splat camera. 3 Main Ability seems to cover that.

My only concern is that at 0 Ability the respawn timer should start at 6 but it appears to start at 5. How subs factor into this I don't know. If it caps at 3 main then having subs is useless if you go that route. Doesn't follow the same diminishing returns stuff like SpChUp and DamUp it seems.

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
The Prima Guide says up to 66% on Quick Respawn so it would be 2 seconds + 3 from the respawn animation totaling 5 seconds since it only reduces the splat camera. 3 Main Ability seems to cover that.

My only concern is that at 0 Ability the respawn timer should start at 6 but it appears to start at 5. How subs factor into this I don't know. If it caps at 3 main then having subs is useless if you go that route. Doesn't follow the same diminishing returns stuff like SpChUp and DamUp it seems.
I used this calculator https://splatoon-calculator.herokuapp.com/ and found that if you have 2 mains and 9 subs it reduces the splat cam time to .02, if there is no cap that would be insane because you could skip the splat cam almost instantly, that is why I want to know if there is a cap.

UnLucky

Semi-Pro Squid
I used this calculator https://splatoon-calculator.herokuapp.com/ and found that if you have 2 mains and 9 subs it reduces the splat cam time to .02, if there is no cap that would be insane because you could skip the splat cam almost instantly, that is why I want to know if there is a cap.
The splat cam normally takes exactly 6 seconds, and the cap is 2 seconds. Nothing will change the actual respawn animation after the splat cam ends.

So even if there was no cap, there's absolutely no way you'd get a respawn time of 2.17 like that calculator says is possible.

Arcadian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SpeedOfSloth
Is there any word on when the Ink Saver Main and Sub test results will be released? The information provided already is fantastic but I've been looking everywhere for accurate stats and can't seem to find anyway. I don't wish to rush the TC, after all what's been said already is very useful, just looking for a rough time estimate. Thanks.

UnLucky

Semi-Pro Squid
I and several others have noted Ink Saver (Main) to reduce ink consumption by 12%, 22%, and 30% for 3 main abilities. The cap is 40% reduction. In other words, each shot of your main weapon will cost 88%, 78%, and 70% that it normally would, capped at 60%.

What this means is you can shoot 14%, 28%, and 42% more for each main ability, either total shots or total time spent firing. Some consider this to not be diminishing returns, as the numbers work out to add the same static amount each time.

Ink Saver (Sub) caps at 25% reduction (75% original cost). I've seen main abilities give you about 8%, 14%, and 18% reduction. Might be slightly different depending on your sub weapon, but not by much.

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
The splat cam normally takes exactly 6 seconds, and the cap is 2 seconds. Nothing will change the actual respawn animation after the splat cam ends.

So even if there was no cap, there's absolutely no way you'd get a respawn time of 2.17 like that calculator says is possible.
I already know that, I have the guide. Like I said I used 2 mains and 9 subs making the time 3.02, that calculator seems to be counting the total respawn time but I know you can't go under 3 seconds, i'm saying with the 2 mains and the subs it makes it almost skip the spat cam instantly.

florence

Full Squid
incredible work, OP

sorry if you already addressed this. but, for instance, the "extra damage" ability has the maximum 30% cap for every weapon, as you found, but also it has lower caps for many/most other weapons, so that you generally can't splat in fewer shots. are there any other abilities that behave this way?

florence

Full Squid
Yup, I was wondering the same thing already, too. Same goes for "fire rate up". Range up would be great for chargers, too. I'd like a way to counter these scope chargers without switching to E-Liter...
i feel like range up and fire rate up would throw things way out of balance.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
I already know that, I have the guide. Like I said I used 2 mains and 9 subs making the time 3.02, that calculator seems to be counting the total respawn time but I know you can't go under 3 seconds, i'm saying with the 2 mains and the subs it makes it almost skip the spat cam instantly.
Are you looking at the respawn timer at the bottom? That's the splat cam counter so you are probably just seeing it for 2 seconds or so.

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
Are you looking at the respawn timer at the bottom? That's the splat cam counter so you are probably just seeing it for 2 seconds or so.
I'm saying the guide says the animation time is 3 seconds, so you can't go under that, I want to know the cap because otherwise if there wasn't one you could get enough quick respawn to eliminate the splat cam completely, only having to wait for the animation itself.

UnLucky

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm saying the guide says the animation time is 3 seconds, so you can't go under that, I want to know the cap because otherwise if there wasn't one you could get enough quick respawn to eliminate the splat cam completely, only having to wait for the animation itself.
Cap is 3s respawn animation and 2s slat cam no matter how much you stack

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
Cap is 3s respawn animation and 2s slat cam no matter how much you stack
How do you know this? If you are getting this information from the guide book it says "If stacked with 3 mains" it doesn't mention whatsoever having subs or if that is the cap.

Last edited:

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
How do you know this? If you are getting this information from the guide book it says "If stacked with 3 mains" it doesn't mention whatsoever having subs or if that is the cap.
Because it specifically states it caps at 66% reduction. When you reduce 6 by 66% you are left with 2.

UnLucky

Semi-Pro Squid
There's also the datamined stat values:
http://vm.whatasha.me/splatoon/files/spec/Player_Spec_RespawnTime_Save.txt

Those numbers represent the amount of frames that the splat cam lasts. So at Low (default) it takes 6s. High (the cap) is 2s.

Respawn animation is not specified in here, as it cannot be changed.

ItoI6

Inkling
NNID
ceilingcat6
Swim Speed Up:
  • 1x Main = +10%
  • 2x Main = +15% (+5% stand-alone)
  • 3x Main´= +20% (+5% stand-alone)
  • 1x Sub = +5%
  • 2x Sub = +7.5% (+2.5% stand-alone)
  • 3x Sub = 10% (+2.5% stand-alone)
  • Cap: +25%
  • Amount of abilities to reach cap: 3x main + 2x sub
  • Diminishing returns: Effect halved after the first main/sub ability.

so my question is when you have the ability ninja squid on and your swim speed gets reduced by (I think?) 10%, can you raise it with more equipment boosts back to the cap of 25%? Or is it still considered to be maxed out with 2X main and 3X sub even though its been reduced from the cap?

Or is it that you can never have more than 3 boosts from main or sub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom