• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Help get a Spectator Mode and LAN Support added to Splatoon!

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Yea, I can get behind in this.

I couldn't find the thread your group made before.
LAN is going to need more, than simply being added. Not everyone can and wants to being their wiiu to events. What if someone steals their wiiu? I think if we could have cloud back up or some sorta option within LAN, that allows you to make fully equipped characters on the fly, would also need to come when we get LAN.

Last edited:

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Yea, I can get behind in this.

I couldn't find the thread your group made before.
LAN is going to need more, than simply being added. Not everyone can and wants to being their wiiu to events. What if someone steals their wiiu? I think if we could have cloud back up or some sorta option within LAN, that allows you to make fully equipped characters on the fly, would also need to come when we get LAN.
we actually definitely wanted this, however for a big movement such as this we were worried it would seem like we were asking for too much and people would not take us seriously. Perhaps we could get it in once we all have more traction?

JJ the Splattershotter

Squid Eater Captain
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
I certainly hope we can get Nintendo's attention with this, but I'm going to be blunt and say I don't expect it. Nintendo's business executives quite honestly have no idea what they're doing and are very resistant to change, so it would take a MASSIVE movement to get their attention (something along the lines of Operation Rainfall). It's a wonder Nintendo even made an online-focused shooter to begin with.

We're gonna need to do everything we can to get this to happen. Don't let up, guys.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
I think you grossly underestimate the amount of work that would go into doing that. First of all, the wii is not the wii U, just because people were able to make Project M does not mean we will be able to magically give splatoon LAN support. And the stuff NWPlayer123 is doing, while really cool, is nowhere near the level that would be needed. Looking at game files is not the same as getting LAN support.

EDIT: Ok so the person I replied to must have deleted their post or something? Because now I just look like I'm talking to myself lol. Basically they were saying 'why do we need Nintendo's help? Let's just hack LAN into Splatoon ourselves. Project M did it, why can't we?'

Last edited:

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Hey everybody! We are still working hard on making this a reality, because the competitive desperately needs it.
In the meantime our artist @D3RK has made some awesome banners for us to put in our signatures.
Please show your support by putting it in your own signature so that everyone on Squidboards knows what we are doing

Here is a broken up link for it. I had to split it up into 4 parts so that you guys could actually see it and not the picture. Just put the 4 parts together and you are good to go, and link it to this thread please (paste the link into your signature with no spaces -> highlight the link -> click the "Link" icon -> put in this thread's URL)
[im
g]http://i.imgur.co
m/bH6ix9F.png[/
img]

Last edited:

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Dude that link is so janky lmao

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/bH6ix9F.png[/img]
There you go

And here's the actual picture, becasue Tortoise din't do that either

superman

Senior Squid
I already mentioned this a couple times but FWIW I'll quote myself from another thread

One thing I'd like to add though is that you probably wouldn't have to play on the internet when 8 Wii Us are on the same LAN because I doubt the games run on nintendo servers but actually on user Wii Us.

That would mean that since Nintendo's machtmaking server will give each client the host's public IP address the Wii Us on the same LAN will send their information to their default gateway (router) instead of directly to the other Wii Us. The router would then kind of send the information to itself because it's sending stuff to it's own public IP address, resulting in only a tiny (maybe immeasurable) amount of additional lag than a tradional LAN setup.

tl:dr - as long as Nintendo adds a spectator mode we're good to go for live "esports" events

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom