• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Help get a Spectator Mode and LAN Support added to Splatoon!

WydrA

Inkling Commander
I know some internet is used, but the reason we had for pushing for lan was so various venues would be able to run tournaments without 3Gb uplink, and now that's possible.
Yeah I know. It's definitely a good thing. LAN would just b even nicer :P

Jeane JWE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
likeisuzaku
Wait, what? You guys know Splatoon has LAN play through private matches, right? Consoles need to be connected to the Nintendo Network but gameplay will be handled entirely though the LAN.

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Spectator mode would be wild! Like I'm imagining it like how Mario Kart 8 does it! Watching from the point of view of one of the players and pressing a or b or whatever to switch between the player you wanna watch and even looking down at the gamepad to see the overall map with player locations!

Jeane JWE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
likeisuzaku
The perfect thing would be a full Black Ops-tier theater system. Judging by the trailers, I presume there's already some degree of infrastructure in there for this, but I can only imagine how messy it must be.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Spectator mode would be wild! Like I'm imagining it like how Mario Kart 8 does it! Watching from the point of view of one of the players and pressing a or b or whatever to switch between the player you wanna watch and even looking down at the gamepad to see the overall map with player locations!
The perfect thing would be a full Black Ops-tier theater system. Judging by the trailers, I presume there's already some degree of infrastructure in there for this, but I can only imagine how messy it must be.
Don't forget to sign the petition and like the page guys. It's not mch obviously, but it's the most we can really do right now.
Also we're only one sig away from 300 :)

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
Are we able to sign onto other Wii Us using our NNID if these live Splatoon events were to happen? I know it's possible on games I've played on the PS4. You're able to sign your account into someone else's PS4, run the game and your character is there with all your loadouts, but I've never tried this on the Wii U. If this isn't possible that could really throw a spanner in the works as we all know Splatoon is a game where customising your Inkling's loadout/build is such a big thing. That's another obstacle that needs to be overcome in addition to having LAN support and spectator mode.

Is there any way to work around it? Could you make a copy of your save file onto a USB stick or external hardrive, take it to the tournament, plug it into the back of one of the tournament runner's Wii Us and boom, there's your character?

Great thread though. I'll definitely be signing the petition.

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
I would love to see a Spectator mode! As someone has said, all promo material is rendered in game (which I really love), so the work is at least partially done.

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
@Aweshucks Good luck dude! It's a great idea, I'm just hoping Nintendo might be more promising when it comes to answering fan-demands when it comes to Splatoon- something that hasn't happened with the competitive Smash community e_e

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A fun idea, but this thread is completely futile. A Japanese company is never going to listen to us filthy foreigners.

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
A fun idea, but this thread is completely futile. A Japanese company is never going to listen to us filthy foreigners.
So, what we need is to organize with Japanese players so that they get to ask Nintendo. How about that?

Zeriel00

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zeriel00
Nintendo will NEVER implement this, they simply don't care and already abandoned the Wii U,
our best hope is to wait for Splatoon 2, and Nintendo is known for ignoring popular franchises,
when was the last Super Metroid? 6 years ago? :(

Nintendo is good at producing quality but they don't listen to feed back at all, just look what they
did with their YouTube community, basically killed it. Let's pray for Splat2n

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Nintendo will NEVER implement this, they simply don't care and already abandoned the Wii U,
our best hope is to wait for Splatoon 2, and Nintendo is known for ignoring popular franchises,
when was the last Super Metroid? 6 years ago? :(

Nintendo is good at producing quality but they don't listen to feed back at all, just look what they
did with their YouTube community, basically killed it. Let's pray for Splat2n
Well i mean we got LAN and also just got the ESL tournament which is sponsered by them. That's not to mention pretty good balancing with full patch notes and glitches being fixed within days of being found. I would say Ninty has done a pretty good job supporting the community so far, actually. We may not have gotten a spectator mode, but we can't always get everything unfortunately.

Zeriel00

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zeriel00
Well i mean we got LAN and also just got the ESL tournament which is sponsered by them. That's not to mention pretty good balancing with full patch notes and glitches being fixed within days of being found. I would say Ninty has done a pretty good job supporting the community so far, actually. We may not have gotten a spectator mode, but we can't always get everything unfortunately.
Didn't Nintendo basically shut us down when they cancelled Splat Fests? I'm thinking they only want to work on the NX from now on and they just want to forget the Wii U ever happened...

and what do you mean by LAN? can you play Splatoon on a LAN?

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Didn't Nintendo basically shut us down when they cancelled Splat Fests? I'm thinking they only want to work on the NX from now on and they just want to forget the Wii U ever happened...

and what do you mean by LAN? can you play Splatoon on a LAN?
Not at all. The splatfests are completely causal and don't affect the competitive community at all, we'll be fine without them. Chances are the popularity was dropping off with them, and they cost money to run so it makes sense not to do them any more, especially since they had to come to an end eventually. Sploon support was actually supposed to end months ago iirc, the support actually got extended. Every game has a set amount of DLC/special feature support it can have before it's not profitable to be supported any more, sploon's time had just come. It's about a ear and a half old now, I doubt there are enough new sales to pay for this stuff, and sales are the only way the game is paying for its content. Things like ESL Splatoon show us they very much still care and are trying to help our community. They definitely haven't forgotten about us and they definitely haven't shut us down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom