• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Help get a Spectator Mode and LAN Support added to Splatoon!

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
I wasn't referring to that particular tweet. I just meant in general

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen
I'm hoping Nintendo brings in a LAN mode, they dabbled with the concept a bit with the Gamecube with games like Mario Kart Double Dash. A spectator mode really should've been a day one thing though considering Smash and Mario Kart already have spectator modes, just for the sake of consistency.

On another note I don't believe this game is just going to die off in 5-6 years, considering the success the franchise has had so far, there's a big chance the game might get a port/sequel on Nintendo's next system.

PokeSquid

Inkling
NNID
loujoe
Your totally right we need these things. I just wish nintendo would consider it.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
So everybody! @WydrA pointed out that our petition for LAN and Spectator Mode has reached 200 signatures!
This is actually pretty crazy because we only posted that link right here, on Squidboards. Thank you to everybody involved!
We talked about the acheivement on the movement's FB page and also about EGtv's tweet about getting Spectator Mode into Splatoon.
Please RT this message so we can get Nintendo to further notice what we are trying to do here.

Also here is the FB post if you would like to check it out. It'll be the 2nd from the top.
https://www.facebook.com/SplatoonLANandSpectatorModeMovement?ref=hl

Thank you to @EirikN @KTKres some people behind EndGametv would tweeted out about Spectator Mode. Hopefully we can be loud enough to get both features into Splatoon.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
>releases patch for the first time in a long time
>only has balance changes
>no announcements related to octolings or spectator mode
>ruined all my splash wall strats
ty ninty

I don't know, maybe the dataminers will find something, they said it had enough space to hold loads of data.

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
>releases patch for the first time in a long time
>only has balance changes
>no announcements related to octolings or spectator mode
>ruined all my splash wall strats
ty ninty
Well, Octolings and Spectator mode would definitely warrant a 3.0.0. It's going to happen sometime in the near future, the Splatoon devs know exactly what they're doing. Without someone like Sakurai and his strong design principles at the helm of the team, there's nothing holding back updates solely for the interests of the community.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Well, Octolings and Spectator mode would definitely warrant a 3.0.0. It's going to happen sometime in the near future, the Splatoon devs know exactly what they're doing. Without someone like Sakurai and his strong design principles at the helm of the team, there's nothing holding back updates solely for the interests of the community.
You mean, the competitive community. I think we would have already gotten spectator mode if he was in charge tbh. He seemed to be catering to the comp crowd with sm4sh

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
You mean, the competitive community. I think we would have already gotten spectator mode if he was in charge tbh. He seemed to be catering to the comp crowd with sm4sh
nah, im much more confidant in the people we have now based simply on each balance update being right on the money imo. But yah the only thing i have against them is the lack of LAN and Spectator Mode which basically ties an arm to our backs in terms of growing the community.
Like I guess the thing I'm going to bring up is Sm4sh's tournament mode. They had so much time to work on it, and it's still not a great mode for the competitive community. They probably would've messed up our Spectator mode also x). So hope they get it right *crosses fingers*

WydrA

Inkling Commander
He's only semi-catering, and is holding ninty back from showing more support to the smash community. Between no patch notes, the new ledge mechanics, rage, patching out techs, and a bunch of other small stuff, it's pretty clear that the game isn't actually catering to competitive players. this is coming from someone playing sm4sh primarily right now.

Im2aD

Inkling
NNID
Im2adiam
This is a great idea. Its definitely possible and hopefully will help the future of competitive splatoon.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
"As soon as nintendo starts to care..."
I'm afraid they never will, my interest with the game is waning more and more and this is a huge reason why.
I didn't watch Splatournament, did they say anything relating to Bill's statement saying they'll tell us how to set up tournaments online and locally?

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
I'm afraid they never will, my interest with the game is waning more and more and this is a huge reason why.
I didn't watch Splatournament, did they say anything relating to Bill's statement saying they'll tell us how to set up tournaments online and locally?
Yes, at one point they mentioned connecting 8 consoles to a switch, with the switch connected to the internet. They also advised not using wireless connections, and only having one setup per room. I don't remember them mentioning online tournaments at all. If they did it would have just been "do private battles". Absolutely no hints at any upcoming features to help with any of this.

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
UGH! Guys! You can host a tournament on 3Mbps internet by hooking all the wii U consoles to the router via an ethernet switch. It's what nintendo's been doing for their tournaments, and they revealed this at treehouse.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
UGH! Guys! You can host a tournament on 3Mbps internet by hooking all the wii U consoles to the router via an ethernet switch. It's what nintendo's been doing for their tournaments, and they revealed this at treehouse.
Spectator.

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
To an extent. From what i understand the solution we have now is WLAN. Not quite as good as lan.
I know some internet is used, but the reason we had for pushing for lan was so various venues would be able to run tournaments without 3Gb uplink, and now that's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom