• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Help get a Spectator Mode and LAN Support added to Splatoon!

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Thankfully not - you can (and absolutely should) play with a wired connection to your router.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Just thought I would point out we've nearly reached 200 sigs and likes. It's not huge but it's a start. Gj guys.
Considering we didn't push that at all and were mainly focused on the FB group page and reddit that rly is amazing.
The FB group gets a new like everday, just shows that A LOT of people still care about this issue

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Here's my post everyone: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkfXddxXw

I just noticed I spelled "perspective" wrong X[
But apart from that I think it turned out fine. Hopefully more and more people posting comments like this will help these features to get in the game! I could totally see these things being added in a 3.0 update (along with playable Octolings and offline bots to play against when my internet decides to be slower than molasses? Please?).

Last edited:

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
I find it kind of fishy we haven't had a response of any kind from Nintendo... I will just make another post to trinen.
I wouldn't call it fishy. It's entirely likely that they just haven't heard us. And if they have, they may consider it not worth it. We just have to yell louder

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
We just have to yell louder.
That's, uh, his personal account. He's not going to do anything about it or respond at all.

Tweeting at @trintran is the equivalent of catching him in person at a Mariners baseball game and asking him for details about Zelda U. It's unwelcome, he's taking time off his job.

He's also a localiser, not part of the feature team in Japan. There isn't much he can do directly.

EDIT: the thing you should take away from my post is that it's his personal account. Of course he's a higher up at the Treehouse; he has at least some sway on NoJ, but that's not important when he won't acknowledge anything on his personal account.

Last edited:

WydrA

Inkling Commander
That's, uh, his personal account. He's not going to do anything about it or respond at all.

Tweeting at @trintran is the equivalent of catching him in person at a Mariners baseball game and asking him for details about Zelda U. It's unwelcome, he's taking time off his job.

He's also a localiser, not part of the feature team in Japan. There isn't much he can do directly.
ehhhh not quite the same thing. Trinen has given quite a few personal opinions about ninty games (Splatoon included) on that account. It's not totally unreasonable to ask his opinion on adding something. I do see where you're coming from though, he may not want to say he supports it and then have it become commonly quoted, putting the splatoon dev team and ninty in a tough spot.

Also I get the impression trinen has a decent amount of pull. He may not be able to boss teams around, but he knows all the higher-ups. I'm sure if he told them "i really think this should be added." or "I've seen a lot of people ask for this" they would at least take what he's said into consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom