• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Help with Octo Expansion!

Cephalobro

I found it easier with the Splattershot plus waiting for the Octoling to land. The one I find particularly annoying is the one that uses the Drizzle.

Octoboy07

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4646-5491-1608
I just tried and did not work. You have to be like the best sniper in the world for that to work. It's just hopeless.

Cephalobro

Try picking the Splattershot or Splat Roller and wait at the spots in which the Octolings will land. You don't have to worry about them using a Splashdown before landing.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
This level is tricky for sure, arguably the hardest out of all OE missions. The biggest problem isn't the waves themselves, it's your ink gauge. If you end up on low ink too many times, you will have to wait to refill giving the octos plenty of time to approach your objective. You HAVE to stop the octolings asap before they'll start jackhammering you with specials, Ink Armor in particular is really bad because it'll mean about 6 Octos will get armored which is bad news when you have an objective to protect.

I personally went with the Splat Roller, and then get regular armor and ink armor as soon as i enter. Ink Armor in particular is useful because it'll instantly refill your ink gauge and give you an extra shield on top of it, giving you more staying power to keep the pressure going. The armors will let you tank extra hits too, just jump at them and flick, or if they're really close just roll over them. It doesn't cost too much ink and will reliably take one out with little effort, or if you're lucky multiple ones at the same time.
You can also snipe off the octos waiting at the edge of the map with vertical flicks, or just roll over them as soon as they land.

Don't be passive, don't wait for them to come to you. Immediately seek and destroy them before they'll have a chance to start spamming specials. And furthermore, keep an eye on your ink gauge and only use bombs whenever necessary. Don't bother healing the objective with your ink, it's too slow to have any meaningful effect. Memorize where they'll spawn and act accordingly.

I just used the splat dualies
nice avatar

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I just tried to help my friend with this level and got destroyed all over again. I guess when I did it, it wasn't so much about skill, positioning, or timing. More so, I think it all blended together into a miasma of ink and violence until somehow I won the battle. This level is the worst!

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
The strategy I used was use the roller, OHKO some of the opponents from spawn with vertical flicks, then beat the octos in the final wave as fast as possible (this got hairy, but I made it through.)

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
So I figured out a strategy that worked for me. A real strategy and not just "throw all caution to the wind and go absolutely nuts while hoping that everything around me dies without taking me with it."

Similaarly to the charger strat, pick up the Inkjet and take out the first enemy. Then proceed to wipe out the enemies standing on the edge using said inkjet. From there you can prepare an adequate defense against the final wave of enemies and call it a day! This worked out much better for me than just going crazy that I feel silly for not thinking about it earlier! Still think that level is harder than
Inner Agent 3.

Yeah, I said it. Come fight me. :p

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I did beat it on the next try, and that was with curling bombs (my third set). Funny enough, I won first try with burst bombs despite not using them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom