Hopes for new Dualies?

Pineapple_God

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6241-4645-7809
As a Dualies player I’ve been ecstatic about the prospect of getting a new dualies main weapon soon. I feel like there’s a lot of unique things that can be done, such as making a backline dualies, giving the dodge rolls and/or turret mode some unique attributes, or borrowing attributes from other weapon classes besides shooters. So I was wondering what people here on squidboards wanted or thought the new dualies to be. Feel free to be as realistic or as fantastical as your heart desires!

sevenleaf

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
joke answer: dualies with 3 guns instead of 2 because this is splatoon 3️⃣

real answer: i probably wouldn’t use them long-term, but i am curious how heavyweight dualies would like… work. a lot of dualies’ identity comes from their movement (and it’s for this reason that i’m skeptical of how well true backline dualies would fare, since dualies are weapons that like to move around more than most backline options do), so i just wanna see if it’s possible to make a heavyweight dualie that’s neither broken (from having the power of a heavyweight weapon without the movement restrictions) nor painful to play (from having the movement issues interfere with their dualie-ness). not creative enough to think of new dualies i’d actually use, though

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I'm honestly not even sure I'd want from new Dualies, I just know I want them! I had a dream about new Dualies being released once, and like, they were based on glass soda bottles and were a hybrid between Dapples and Gloogas... somehow...

I'm not sure how to word what I'm thinking but like... I'd like Dualies that are unique in the way pencil is unique to Chargers. Not "I want Dualies with pencils mechanics", but like. Pencil acts basically entirely unique to any other Charger with its multi shot mechanic, and I want a Dualie that brings SOME sort of interesting and unique mechanic that differentiates itself from how really any other Dualie would play. What would that be? No clue. But I just want someone that really diverts expectations of what a Dualie can do

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
They'd never do this...but Dualie Splatanas 😈
I imagined dualie splatanas as a pair of pool noodles you just whip chaotically around and that's hilarious to me (honestly I really just want to see a pool-noodle splatana in general but that's another topic.)

joke answer: dualies with 3 guns instead of 2 because this is splatoon 3️⃣
Was literally typing this and you beat me to it, lol. I feel like it would make a great april fools joke. I have no idea how it would work but it would be extremely funny.

The speculation about it being a backline dualie is interesting (if a little funny because 'dualie chargers' was a running joke in my circle for a while). Personally I would like it to be another aggressive frontliner just because that's my favorite playstyle but they do seem to have their bases pretty well covered there and I'm not sure what else unique they could come up with, so I won't hold my breath. Though.. it is kind of fun how the grizzco dualies do explosive damage upon dodge rolling, so maybe something like that could be implemented (but in a much more balanced way of course, if that's even possible).

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I'm not sure how to word what I'm thinking but like... I'd like Dualies that are unique in the way pencil is unique to Chargers. Not "I want Dualies with pencils mechanics", but like. Pencil acts basically entirely unique to any other Charger with its multi shot mechanic, and I want a Dualie that brings SOME sort of interesting and unique mechanic that differentiates itself from how really any other Dualie would play. What would that be? No clue. But I just want someone that really diverts expectations of what a Dualie can do
I have some ideas for dualies that subvert the status quo of the class.
A dualie where the first dodge roll sends the user straight upward.
A dualie with where the first and second dodge roll are different with different turret modes.

I feel like the most likely candidate for a unique dualie, however, is a dualie with a single dodge roll that launches the user twice as far as other dualies' rolls. Especially since the datamined file name for the new dualie we're getting is Maneuver_Long.

Pineapple_God

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6241-4645-7809
I'm honestly not even sure I'd want from new Dualies, I just know I want them! I had a dream about new Dualies being released once, and like, they were based on glass soda bottles and were a hybrid between Dapples and Gloogas... somehow...

Oh yea I know all too well about the fabled Dualie dreams

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i'm definitely expecting some form of backline dualie, where it has a really slow laggy dodge roll that sets up a splatling-like turret firerate and range. would be really fun i think, having to dodge into the position you want to fire from would be a really interesting playstyle for a backline and i think it would still feel like it has good mobility compared to other backlines (being able to quickly move out of its current position and set up in a new position after for defending itself)

Hippo555467

Full Squid
As long I get dulies I am happy I have 4 stared every dulie in the game and can’t wait for a new dulie

takoyakispl

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8500-0519-8026
Long range dualies, longer than squelchers or glooga. Donelt need to have super good damage or fighting capability but good paint and a good kit. We haven't seen a super mobile anchor yet

Hippo555467

Full Squid
Long range dualies, longer than squelchers or glooga. Donelt need to have super good damage or fighting capability but good paint and a good kit. We haven't seen a super mobile anchor yet
I feel like we already have enough long range dulies I’m hoping for a really good midrange with really long rolls

WhatTheDevin

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-5595-9385-4596
Honestly, I really wish the Grizzco Dualies were a normal weapon. I know it would be super unhealthy for the game, but it's just so fun to play that I can't help it!

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Ooooh it'll be fun to look back at this thread after they're eventually announced and see who got what right. Some of y'all have some very realistic and doable sounding theories.

takoyakispl

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8500-0519-8026
I feel like we already have enough long range dulies I’m hoping for a really good midrange with really long rolls
Well that's... Literally just dualies squelchers and gloogas. Gloogas have longest roll distance of any dualies and squelchers slide out of their rolls giving them effectively some of the best mobility of any dualies, and they definitely do not have enough range to qualify as long range

Hippo555467

Full Squid
Well that's... Literally just dualies squelchers and gloogas. Gloogas have longest roll distance of any dualies and squelchers slide out of their rolls giving them effectively some of the best mobility of any dualies, and they definitely do not have enough range to qualify as long range
Yeah but I feel like anything to long range won’t feel like dulies

Tam_4

Inkster Jr.
They'd never do this...but Dualie Splatanas 😈
Wait actually tho that could be good because the could just be two small daggers, as long as they don’t have AS much range as Splatanas people wouldn’t get too upset if they made them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom