hot takes

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Splatoon 3 is a better game than Splatoon 2 in a vacuum but fails harder as a sequel.

I don't know if that's even actually a hot take so uhhh lemme throw in, swig express is flying under the radar, main weapon is insane and with rain buffs I don't think the kit is holding it back as hard as you'd think.

MMOToaster

Semi-Pro Squid
Splatoon 3 is a better game than Splatoon 2 in a vacuum but fails harder as a sequel.

I don't know if that's even actually a hot take so uhhh lemme throw in, swig express is flying under the radar, main weapon is insane and with rain buffs I don't think the kit is holding it back as hard as you'd think.
Dude, I wanna play Big Swig competitively so hard, but my team doesn't believe in it :(

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
please don’t start any arguments

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Robo RO-men was an overhyped map, don't get me wrong it's still a really good map but the best in the series? Imo it doesn't hold a candle to the best maps in s1 for me like mahi and flounder
Dude absolutely. I think the alleys on that map were a lot better on paper than in practice. There is nothing stopping people from just sitting back in mid by their glass and covering not only mid, but also every approach option from both alleys outside of maybe the grate bridge on some modes. Still way nicer than most maps on defense though and it's nice that they exist but I wish they reached a bit further.

For my own hot take - the devs should be going WILD with rebalances in between games. Make some absolutely crazy changes and be ready to rebalance things accordingly. Make Ink Recovery require half as many chunks to get the same effect, make the Goo Tuber's charge hold invisible, make Angle Shooter take 75% of your Ink Tank but work like S1 Disruptor if you direct someone, make the Splat Brella paint like twice as well as before to play into it being a support weapon and give it a purpose without buffing its fighting... So on and so forth. Most of these should still be focused towards buffing stuff in the game that's carried over from and was weaker in the last entry as opposed to nerfing stuff.

The Knee

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7739-4186-1690
Pencil should be the longest range weapon in the game. Nerf both liters range and give it liter scopes old range.

Reecey Boi

Inkster Jr.
Flame me if you want for this but tricolor clears over shifty stations and it's not even close. Like bunker games and mc princess diaries were the only shifties I enjoyed. Tricolor is so chaotic and unique in comparison to every other mode and has so many different strats and playstyles

strings

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-7616-8885-7288
Now that vshot is at 200p, I think zooka is fine where it is. Still strong, but not overwhelmingly so.

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
My hottest take is that if you need “content” to keep enjoying a competitive multiplayer game, you fundamentally do not enjoy the game at its core. A great game keeps you coming back for more and enjoying it even when there hasn’t been updates for years.

Mecog

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7088-0086-9026
Giving dread wringer +1.5 lines of range would be one of the best buffs you can give it balance wise. It makes the main weapon feel much stronger but it still has it obvious weaknesses. This makes it have about the same range as blob or slightly less than explo. It would make the weapon feel a lot more defined and less like a copy and paste of vslosher. If needed, they can nerf its ink consumption and endlag. This makes it so that it's advantages over Slosher feels better but it's disadvantages feel either the same or slightly worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom