• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How do you keep having fun in Splatoon 3?

isjoltz

Inkling
NNID
isjoltz
I have a lot of other life priorities that come before this game, but when I do sit down and decide to play, I'm not having nearly as much fun with it as I used to.

How do you keep the game FRESH?
* Do you find new groups to play with each time?
* What goals do you set for yourself with a play session? (I tend to only play for an hour or two at most when I do decide to play, so if you have ideas for people who play less often that would be great)
* How do you use the same weapon and make things fun and interesting?

I love the game but often turn it off because of Solo being frustrating or not knowing what to do and choosing something else.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
people, the answer is just having friends. and yeah playing with different groups is nice. weapon experimentation can also be fun. if you play one weapon, which i usually do, honing your ability with it and slowly learning how to deal with matchups is fun, if you get to know it well enough you can try to teach others to use it. if you're into pushing yourself you can set ranked or x power milestones. or if none of that works, just learn salmon run or something. or i guess just find another game.

ry42

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3023-2080-2268
i'm not recommending hopping stright into competitive, but if you haven't already maybe you can check out SendouQ! i personally haven't had "fun" playing in open/anarchy since maybe july? the game 100% feels better when playing as a coordinated team against a coordinated team, or the next best thing you can get in-game, X battle. maybe 10% of my time in this game is with a 4 stack in open. the other 90% are solo grinding and PBs, usually scrim or tournament.

a lot of my enjoyment from the game actually comes from the badges! i'm not the kind of person who has a lot of "extrinsic" fun in games - something like Minecraft or Terraria, where there isn't really a "goal". the badges in splatoon really help me maintain enjoyment of the game since it always feels like i am working towards something.

most of my time in anarchy is spent on a different weapon until i get a 4 star on it. however i do find myself falling back on splattershot since it's the only weapon in the game where i feel like i can completely carry my team.

but mostly - the game is just fun for me to play. i play quite a wide variety of weapons so i never feel like the game is stale, and my team and I scrim at least 3 times a week, if not more. i got into a huge slump from november to february of the first year of the game, where i only logged in to do dailies and barely played at all. the only reason i really got back into the game was the fresh season update, so it might be worth to take a break from the game until fresh season 2024 drops.

shirpless

Inkling
I agree on playing with a friend. I have a Splat friend and ranking up is way less saltier with them since aside from being able to do comms, we chat about other fun stuff, life stuff and joke around too.

If you have enough friends or a community to play with, like the Indonesian Splatoon community that I'm in, you could suggest a bi-weekly PB of either the usual 4v4 or gimmick games like hide and seek, brush race, all-chargers, etc. You can pick up ideas from youtube or the net. There's Mellana's "Pros VS Casuals" series for ideas if the group got big skill gaps.

On solo though, I usually play most evenings to level up the seasonal catalogue to its max, since I usually want things from there for my aesthetic pursuits.
I occasionally review my gameplay from my & others' POV if I feel tired from playing, even get a coach to review them if I feel really stuck on how to improve. I'm still a budding S ranker, so there's a lot to learn.
I'm not sure of how to make weapon usage "more fun and interesting" other than to pretty much improve on using them while adapting to the random team comp you get. Or form a full team, even if you aren't planning to go THAT serious into competitive. Though it admittedly can be real fun to play in tourney, like last weekend where I just finished Junior's Draft.

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
for me, sometimes what i like to do is. well. party a bit? if not in matches, then in the lobby. take a bit to let yourself not take the game as seriously. laugh a bit when another person does a jump and bonks into the shellout machine. play weapons you suck at and let yourself suck a bit. take pictures. make stuff for fun based on the game.

since we're on squidboards, maybe you can ask other people to hang out to help you do silly things. or maybe even help practice. it's fine to have some fun! maybe it's what you need to relieve some stress of the more serious game modes.

if that helped any.

shirpless

Inkling
when another person does a jump and bonks into the shellout machine
That's so specific and I've never seen anyone do that but just imagining seeing that happen is funny 😆 Probably even funnier to see first-hand

Sunflower._.

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6460-5764-2418
For me personally, having to balance with my Job and playing Splatoon is quite tough but with what I manage is doable

I play a lot and keep going back daily to S3 because I believe I can get to know new people, improve myself as a player and develop a better understanding as the game develops by watching Streams/VODS, It's more like another hobby that I found for myself and enjoy it when I manage to have some time

Having friends and new people to play things like SendouQ/Open/Salmon is also another thing that brings me back to the game too!

It may vary for other people but this is basically my reasoning that I hardly get tired of constantly going back to the game even with such a short time

Sαlsα⇒

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4389-5123-5222
Friends. Play with friends. i find that if i play this game mostly solo it gets boring however since i live in OCE and none of my friends have any interest of even giving the game a try, its hard to keep up with my online mates due to 16hr difference timezone conflicts

Lemonquack

Inkling
NNID
Lemonquack
Switch Friend Code
SW-6336-1649-9784
Besides friends, one of my favorite ways is to just play weapons you wouldn’t normally play. Go for 1-2* on weapons you would never try normally, maybe you’ll find something new to like!

AsaHere

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2861-0671-7321
people, the answer is just having friends. and yeah playing with different groups is nice. weapon experimentation can also be fun. if you play one weapon, which i usually do, honing your ability with it and slowly learning how to deal with matchups is fun, if you get to know it well enough you can try to teach others to use it. if you're into pushing yourself you can set ranked or x power milestones. or if none of that works, just learn salmon run or something. or i guess just find another game.
Do you know where a good place to find people who just want to have fun in splatoon is? None of my irl friends really like splatoon so I’m trying to find actual people to play with

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Do you know where a good place to find people who just want to have fun in splatoon is? None of my irl friends really like splatoon so I’m trying to find actual people to play with
i mean you're literally on a social site right now. splatoon discords also work fine. personally i spend a lot of time in Squid School's discord server but admittedly it's a little chaotic, but it's where ive found a lot of people i play with regularly.

OctoBlue

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-1668-1584
I just started collecting stuff in game, like badges, gear, decorations, stickers and stuff.

I also just set a bunch of goals like I wanted to 3 star every weapon and every day I try to 3 star at least one weapon.

These things are also really grindy and I usually play like 4 hours minimum a day which can be a lot for most people.

I also just got more engaged in the community more and found new people to play with which mad the game more enjoyable.

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
easily! salmon run is peak, so that's really all ya need 🐟

the social aspect of the game is huge; playing opens/sr/pbs with friends is never a bad move either. i'm usually able to enjoy my time with the game by focusing on short-term goals like weapon freshness, filling out gear slots, crafting DRIP with said gear, and trying weapons that i'm either not familiar with or just haven't played in a while.

the game is your oyster! ...or, your... uhh... your uuuuuhhhhh...

ragingpluto

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2402-0807-8415
I have a lot of other life priorities that come before this game, but when I do sit down and decide to play, I'm not having nearly as much fun with it as I used to.

How do you keep the game FRESH?
* Do you find new groups to play with each time?
* What goals do you set for yourself with a play session? (I tend to only play for an hour or two at most when I do decide to play, so if you have ideas for people who play less often that would be great)
* How do you use the same weapon and make things fun and interesting?

I love the game but often turn it off because of Solo being frustrating or not knowing what to do and choosing something else.
what i do is set goals like 1-starring every weapon in the game which i've completed at one point, or trying to make different pures and other clothing sets to fit with my current playstyles/different weapons, also just playing with my friends and partner makes the game a whole lot more fun lmao

D

Deleted member

I just do random stuff but mostly Turf wars because I try to get away from the social media puns.

OctoBlue

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-1668-1584
what i do is set goals like 1-starring every weapon in the game which i've completed at one point, or trying to make different pures and other clothing sets to fit with my current playstyles/different weapons, also just playing with my friends and partner makes the game a whole lot more fun lmao
Oh my gosh me too !!

Mr Sark

Inkster Jr.
I've expanded my weapon pool which keeps things fresh. As for groups to play with, sometimes playing with people below your skill can be really fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom