How do you keep having fun in Splatoon 3?

rip-tide

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7876-3312-2023
I have a lot of other life priorities that come before this game, but when I do sit down and decide to play, I'm not having nearly as much fun with it as I used to.

How do you keep the game FRESH?
* Do you find new groups to play with each time?
* What goals do you set for yourself with a play session? (I tend to only play for an hour or two at most when I do decide to play, so if you have ideas for people who play less often that would be great)
* How do you use the same weapon and make things fun and interesting?

I love the game but often turn it off because of Solo being frustrating or not knowing what to do and choosing something else.
honestly i play when i want, i do what i want, how i want or need it done, that's how i keep coming back...
mainly using dirty tactics to force my team into areas i want, so i generaly have a much more fun time then most people

Supa Fern

Inkster Jr.
ive been expanding my weapon pool a lot and spending the time to 4 star weapons that im most interested in (and 5 starring the weapons that im really interested in) so i'm motivated to play bc i have a concrete goal to look forward to. even tho im not interested in grinding x/s+10 in series anymore i still like playing open to just focus on individual games. also i LOVE salmon run. i try to catch new rotations whenever they go up and im working on getting the evp 999 badge for every map (3/6 maps done, halfway there x_x)
If you want something to help with keeping track of badges, i can share this for another badge enthusiast

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
For me personally, having to balance with my Job and playing Splatoon is quite tough but with what I manage is doable

I play a lot and keep going back daily to S3 because I believe I can get to know new people, improve myself as a player and develop a better understanding as the game develops by watching Streams/VODS, It's more like another hobby that I found for myself and enjoy it when I manage to have some time

Having friends and new people to play things like SendouQ/Open/Salmon is also another thing that brings me back to the game too!

It may vary for other people but this is basically my reasoning that I hardly get tired of constantly going back to the game even with such a short time
This is a big issue with my team since I work Mon-Friday 2:30pm-11pm CST but half my teammates aren't even awake or at school whenever I'm avaliable to play, and it does mean I rarely get as much practice weekly as I want. (I don't want to quit this stable job I actually like doing just to play the silly squid game more unfortunately)

Sendouq, playing with friends, and vod reviewing myself a lot is a good bandaid solution to still personally improve even if I rarely get to practice with my team outside weekdays/holidays

angelicakuma

Inkster Jr.
I choose to ignore people who constantly have negative feedback about the game online in favor of finding the game enjoyable on my OWN and playing the game as I see fit <3

My Twitter feed is highly curated to say the least LOL

Zonink

DUNKACCINO
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-0113-7061-9838
Usually if I'm not having fun with splatoon I just go to another game or take a break, If you aren't having fun with splat it's not like you need to keep subjecting yourself to it. but if you really want to "work through it" you can always try other gamemodes, new weapons, self inflicted challenges.

A lot of newer players will gravitate towards a certain weapon, play it for 50-60 hours and then drop the game because it's boring. especially if they pick a weapon with a low skill ceiling like aero or pretty much anything on sticks. just getting out of your comfort zone can help so much it's indescribable. Splatoon has a lot of things you can do and learn but most players will just stick into their lane of turf war and 2 weapons that are kinda easy, which while not a wrong way to play the game (there is no wrong way.), it does limit how much you can really get out of the experience.

go learn swords, brellas, bows, semi autos, play some ranked on a new weapon, maybe do some salmon, go onto the endless amount of discords and ping lfg channels for +3 open/turf. again throw yourself out of your comfort zone. it's the most rewarding thing ever,

underlashes

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Having close friends that play really helps me, but when no one's around I like to give myself small goals. Changing up my weapons is a big one for me, I've got at least a star on everything, which in itself WAS a goal, but it was mostly because I like keeping it fresh when the stakes are low. I also play a lot of salmon run and love it! Now that the challenges have more time slots I enjoy playing those as well, even if it's weird or bland, and seeing how high I can get my challenge power in the limited window. There's usually at least one or two time slots at a reasonable time for me now.

MMOToaster

Semi-Pro Squid
Nope, been playing with the same team for almost a year now.
Though we had to swap out three members during our time together.
* What goals do you set for yourself with a play session? (I tend to only play for an hour or two at most when I do decide to play, so if you have ideas for people who play less often that would be great)
Idk lol. I just play and vaguley keep the advice my teammates and coach gave me in the back of my head while doing so.
Dynamo never gets boring. Never.

strings

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-7616-8885-7288

Yes and no. Competitively, I'm ride or die with my team, who's been together for about a year. I don't EXCLUSIVELY play with them though - I'll play in pickups with other friends, and love to play in draft tournaments.
Casually, I play with whoever of my friends are online lol.

When I'm sitting down for a "focused" splatoon session, I think of 1-2 things I need to improve, and keep them in the back of my head while I play out my sets. I can't play and stay focused for more than 2 hours straight, so I try not to. Tournaments are better in this regard, because there's usually breaks between sets.

I've been playing zap for a while now, and I still am learning more and more about optimal play. I guess the fact that I haven't reached the skill ceiling yet is exciting!

But genuinely, I recommend finding some folks to play casually with too. Sometimes you just want to grab a few of your buddies, play the hilariously bad zones rotation and chat about misc. things instead fo doing callouts, yknow? If I were 100% on the competitive grind, 100% of the time I play Splatoon... I'd have burnt out by now. Give yourself some breaks, even within the game.

Soranoya

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8284-0907-8301
Playing with friends, trying to get better, competitive sp also

kaasiand

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5912-2184-1423
the way i try to keep having fun in this game is by not playing to win, but to play silly. i aim for sprinkler kills with 3 mains 9 subs of ink saver sub (while still contributing to the match normally of course)

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
I click on Neo Sploosh and all the :ability_specialcharge: gear that I have and turn off my brain for the next 10 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom