• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How Gamemodes Could Be Made Better

Arc1Dragon

Inkling
I think in ranked modes you should be able to see how many cracks other players have in their rank meters or putting a mark on them when they are in danger of going down a rank. It would encourage teammates to work hard to keep their teammates in their rank.

shudder

Senior Squid
I want to see Tower Control completely revamped in the next game, I just find it fairly boring on most maps at this point. One idea I had would be to remove the tower completely but keep the track. How it would work is the checkpoints would remain but they would be like mini splatzones, once a team has control long enough that checkpoint is completed and the track continues to fill in with ink until the next checkpoint is reached and so on. The track that is filled could also be a hazard for the opposing team. Maybe this wouldn't work when actually play tested, things would likely need to be adjusted. Tower control as it currently though just feels too static, especially with one player needing to stay with the tower and being fairly immobile apart from staying on the tower as it moves. Another idea would be to replace the tower with a moving tank on a track lol, it would be like a cross between TC and RM.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I want to see Tower Control completely revamped in the next game, I just find it fairly boring on most maps at this point. One idea I had would be to remove the tower completely but keep the track. How it would work is the checkpoints would remain but they would be like mini splatzones, once a team has control long enough that checkpoint is completed and the track continues to fill in with ink until the next checkpoint is reached and so on. The track that is filled could also be a hazard for the opposing team. Maybe this wouldn't work when actually play tested, things would likely need to be adjusted. Tower control as it currently though just feels too static, especially with one player needing to stay with the tower and being fairly immobile apart from staying on the tower as it moves. Another idea would be to replace the tower with a moving tank on a track lol, it would be like a cross between TC and RM.
Your first idea is basically Splat Zones, but the team in control has more advantage with the track being inked.

Tower Control -> Tank Control? :confused: Cool idea. I was also thinking that while a team has the tower, the opposing team could get like cannons spawned on their side of the map.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
With Rainmaker, I believe they should make it so while holding the Rainmaker, all your gear abilities and stuff like weapon weight are completely null. Meaning no matter what equipment you have or what weapon you were using, when using the Rainmaker, none of it counts. Your movement and swim speed are locked, stuff like kill abilities or respawn abilities are also null. Basically, the Rainmaker can't favor one person over another, its always equal.

Clam Blitz, in order to discourage super jump throwers, I think they should make it so when you super jump with a Super Clam, when landing, you'll have end lag where you can't do anything for about a whole second. I don't mind the ability to Super Jump to get close to the enemy basket, it allows for sneaky strategies, but the ability to super jump next to the basket and have it be a fairly safe way to score is another story.
All Special Weapons will cause you to drop your Power Clam upon use, no matter what Special. You can also not pick up a Super Clam while using a Special.

For Ranked rotation. I'm actually not completely on board with making all modes available at the same time. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like if it was that way, but the issue of would queue be full enough always comes to mind. As a slight compromise, why not have 2 Ranked Modes up at any time on queue? They have two different queues, but share the same maps. This applies to League as well. More than likely at least 1 of the modes in rotation would be something you would want to play.

Tower Control and Splat Zones, I already think are fine in principle.

Last edited:

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
  • Fish: Seperate Profresh levels by the hundreds.
    Or maybe introduce more ranks to pad it out. Because there is a huge difference between Profresh 0-100 and Profresh 400+ players.
Umm... yeah, they already did that.

Cephalobro

In speaking about Salmon Run, lowering the spawnrate of the Flyfish and Stinger would be a good start in making it better. Being constantly swamped with things that can hit you no matter how far away they are does not make it fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom