• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

How long did it take you to learn the Motion Controls?

D

Deleted Member

I've been using motion controls since the very first Global Testfire on May 9th.

Ictoan

Full Squid
NNID
Krrrrg
Try playing octo valley, it's great practice.
I did some of that, but found it too easy, for the most part. I've played through most missions at least four times now (because of amiibo), and I find that I don't need to have all that great of reflexes or accuracy to splat most enemies.

I just decided to get it over with and start playing turf war on motion controls, max sensitivity. I'm still doing much worse than with sticks, but I'm getting okay scores with easy, rapid-fire weapons. Progress!

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I tried motion controls but it didn't work out for me... and I'm waaaay to used of stick controls to switch now

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
First day i got the game i was like " Haha, no..." to the motion controls. But after about 1 or 2 days i became a pro at it. Just takes practice for the most part.

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
I actually refused to use them until I got my Amiibo... after turning them on for the Charger challenges and doing them all with it, I couldn't go back XD

Motion controls feel best learned with a charger, since it forces precision.

jkid391

Senior Squid
During the tutorial of the first Testfire.
I got better with all the Testfires.
When I got the game, ONLY TO DA ONLINE!!!

BluEyes

Senior Squid
I used it since the beginning. It was awkward initially when I did not use the Y button to align the camera to where the inkling is heading to. The Y button is a must if you use motion.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I think the motion controls is the best way to play, especially if you're using a charger/sniper-- but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

16bit

Inkling
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
Learned almost immediately, but that's probably because I participated in all testfires.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
*Ditto to the 3 posts above* ^

I think the motion controls is the best way to play, especially if you're using a charger/sniper-- but that's just my opinion.
Maybe that's why - i'm absolutely terrible with chargers.

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
I got the hang of it about 1 minute into my first testfire match. I actually use gyroscope aiming in Ocarina of Time 3D and Wind Waker HD because I've always hated dual stick controls and I realized how accurate it could be when I basically aced the Gerudo Shooting Gallery in OoT3D on my first try. It just feels really natural to me to flick my wrists in the direction I want to fire.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I used them from the beginning, it took me about 30 minutes

KiD InK

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HymeTime47
Hmm once I got my own Wii U maybe a day or so? I played a lot with my friends Wii U and disliked motion controls a lot due to my experience with other shooters. Grew to love them once I had my own gamepad :)

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I don't know if I learned how to use Motion Controls or if I learned how to play in Spite of Motion Controls.

I think I use Dual Stick and Motion Controls at the same time, I don't pay attention to the control methods I am using during the game alot.

Okajin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Okajin
Had the game two days ago, after playing approximatively 20H and finished the solo mode, I still have problems with the horizontal axis. I don't know if I don't sit down correctly to handle it but it's really difficult for me. I come from PC gaming with mouse and keyboard but it feels different. The vertical axis doesn't cause me any problem. If you have advices, I want them, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom