• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I can't seem to get out of A+/S. I'm in a vicious cycle of getting almost to S+ than crushing down nearly to A

I kinda of want to get to S+ and from then on just play in a Squad without the pressures of Ranks
This is kinda what I'm afraid of. I don't know if I'll go for S+ just yet so I'm looking to mess around in squads for a while. Before I even got to S I crashed all the way down to A- (And that's after reaching A+99 before the update).

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Getting A+ seems easyer now since the update. Before the updaate happened i fell down from A+ to A- but i went to A+ very fast

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Getting A+ seems easyer now since the update. Before the updaate happened i fell down from A+ to A- but i went to A+ very fast
Yeah, I noticed it was a bit easier for me after the update, it took like three days after the update (one was Splatfest) for me to hit A+ for the first time. Any idea as to why that is?

Sol64

Yeah, I noticed it was a bit easier for me after the update, it took like three days after the update (one was Splatfest) for me to hit A+ for the first time. Any idea as to why that is?
They reworked the formula. Before you usually only get +10 or +8 but you can could gain varying amounts. I've started gaining points like +12 and +7 during A rank rooms. Even you now only get +5 if you try to farm B rank rooms.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
They reworked the formula. Before you usually only get +10 or +8 but you can could gain varying amounts. I've started gaining points like +12 and +7 during A rank rooms. Even you now only get +5 if you try to farm B rank rooms.
Really? I think that was true before the update, though I never saw odd numbers before August. Maybe it's just A rank rooms noticing because S rank exists now? Or maybe the scoring system got tweaked? I dunno. I know they changed it though, I got stuck in A- for a bit and got +/-9/7/11s just after the update, and even now getting +12s on occasion in A+/S rooms.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Yes right now you can get 12 or 14 points when playing against S Ranked players. And only lose 8 or even 6 if the teams are badly stacked.
Probably once they have enough S/S+ players - it won't be as easy since there won't be as many S/S+ players in A+/A/A- rooms

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I also thought it was because the crazy good players moved up ranks.

Sol64

Main account:

Alt account:

Yeah it does seem a bit easier to get to A+ but you still gotta know what you're doing. I have decided not to ride the tower often and play a support role with silver dynamo. It's been working great.

BSME/misc

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jjp702
I just got to A+ using the splatterscope exclusively, it's possible to carry teams now in A- or A but A+ and S it really depends on the team composition and the map (kelp dome I'm looking at you).

Attachments

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I'm probably a little late, but today I finally managed to hit A+ after figuring out what I was doing wrong in A rank for the last week :) Well, at least for that specific rotation that is... but that's not too bad - Kelp Dome is actually one of my worst maps lol

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i finally made it.
had been avoiding ranked since i hit A- (was so happy to get out of the Bs that i didn't want to fall back in that hellhole) maybe two months ago... then i started working on it maybe about a week ago in between leveling up new gear and trying new weapon types in turf wars.

actually, since i used a machine gun to get into A- despite my main being squiffer, i felt a little guilty... but after dropping back to B+ once, it was actually really easy to pop back up, even easier to crawl through A- after regaining my footing, and then work on A (which wasn't that difficult either). since it wasn't hard getting through A, i thought maybe i was just lucky... but after falling out of A+ it was easy to get back. feeling pretty good about myself, though i'm feeling like if i wanna move up to S ranks i'm going to need to switch to new squiffer; i just feel like i'm near the limits of the classic since every S player loves to take advantage of me using bubbler even when it's just to escape.

(this shot is from before i dropped back down to A for a short time earlier today. now i'm back in A+ around the 50s)

Last edited:

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
I finally got to A+... almost got to S! I was at A+ 90 on a huge winning streak and then the maps changed and put an end to that. Now I'm at A+ 48.

Bwarb Bwarb

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BwarbbBwarb
I got A+ with the Carbon Roller last night.

As a fellow Carbon Roller Player, congrats!

I keep climbing up to B+ with the Inkbrush, in a support role, then getting into these huge tumbles back down to C+. I honestly don't understand how it happens this way over and over again. I understand falling, of course, but not falling so far so fast. I'm am trying really hard not to blame teammates, and to look at how I'm playing, but... ...I don't understand how the game can consistently match me with players who don't know how to stop and think, and use caution. I always see a couple of good players I'd want on my squad and I say, okay, so a decent number of matches I'll be on their team, and I'll rise easily, but then I'm never matched with those players. It's infuriating. I know the matchmaking is random, but it doesn't often feel like it.
Unfortunately, Inkbrush mainly shines in Turf Wars. It's sorta okay in Splatzones and is terrible :( in Tower Control (haven't played enough Rainmaker with the Inkbrush yet to determine how good it is in that mode:oops:). Sorry but you're gonna have to use another weapon for Ranked Battles. Since you you use an Inkbrush... I'd recommend trying out the Carbon Roller. It's the lightest Roller (non-brush) and it kills a bit like the Inkbrush: Having to slam it down instead of slamming it down instead of running into people.

If you are top of your team than it's obviously the team's fault. ;)
I recommend to play with weapons that are capable of carrying worst team mates - for example weapons with a sub beacon. That should allow at the very least for your team mates to super jump into the fray and take away some of the attention away from you.
Just because your top of your team, doesn't mean the rest of your team suck! It just means that you're very skilled.

Yeah same. It kinda demotivated me to play anymore, but then I played anyway because it's better than turf for getting good.
Do you mean Analogue controls. I do. But Motion Controls are the most popular control settings...

Last edited by a moderator:

Squiglet

Inkling
B+ and I don't want to move from there. I feel like that is a very accurate representative of my skill lol.

No shooter has ever made me rage like splatoon when I am playing rank battles. I had to stop playing one time because I feared an aneurysm!

Bwarb Bwarb

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BwarbbBwarb
Sitting at A 68, so weird though 'cause the games I do crud in I win and the games I get an impressive KDR I lose D:
K/D ratios are NOT important in Splatoon. People need to realise this.

Wow, just read through all 7 pages of this thread! So a few days ago I was at B- and almost at B, and then Rainmaker was released and I was Ink-nadoes back to C. But thanks to doing some Tri Squad Battles with my friends, I was able to make it back p to C+

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Do you mean Analogue controls. I do. But Motion Controls are the most popular control settings...
No I meant when I got up to A+99 I didn't want to play ranked again because it looked so nice, but now we have squads and stuff so it's k.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Wow, just read through all 7 pages of this thread! So a few days ago I was at B- and almost at B, and then Rainmaker was released and I was Ink-nadoes back to C. But thanks to doing some Tri Squad Battles with my friends, I was able to make it back p to C+
Be careful about double posting- you can always use the edit button to add more to previous messages if you need to.
Also that is quite the drop in rank- What weapons do you use for each mode?

Bwarb Bwarb

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BwarbbBwarb
I don't use different weapons for specific modes. I mainly just use Carbon Roller, for most modes. Maybe use a Kelp Splaterscope or splash-o-matic for Splatzones, but I mainly just Specialize in Rollers. Oh and I hate the dynamo rollers :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom