How nice of a kit did your main(s) get?

MintyMisc

Mint Chocto
Premium
Pronouns
She/They
Whatever weapons you main, how good was they kit they got? I wanna hear details on why if you’ve got the time, stuff like why the sub or special do or don’t work.
As for me, I main Octobrush, and I think both kits have some really good stuff and some misses. On the vanilla kit, zip has really nice synergy with the main weapon, though it’s definitely lacking in range at times. Suction, however, is definitely a miss, due to how slow it is. In my experience, octobrush plays very aggressively, and it would’ve loved a sub that both enabled that & gave it a bit of a ranged option, something like burst or torpedo.
Octobrush Nouveau has a better kit overall. Beakons definitely synergize better with it than suction, letting it play a more supportive role, while also having occasional niche utility as enemy detection for places where you’re able shark. Rain is definitely more supportive, and while it’s not the kind of special that actively threatens enemies, it still synergizes well with the combo of Octobrush & Beakon.

Paruko

Inkling
I main liter and Jr mostly, I feel like liter could have been slightly better with storm again but I love its kit regardless, and vjr is pretty solid too

strings

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-7616-8885-7288
I don’t play it competitively, but I love reef-lux. The new kit turned me into the joker.

For competitive, I tend to stick to whatever the meta is. But I’m pretty happy with both of Ballpoint’s kits! Especially with the vac buff, even the weird ballpoint has some useful edge cases. For whenever pencil stops dominating the meta…

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Dynamo's vanilla kit is my favorite kit the weapon has ever gotten, it's pretty great. Gold isn't nearly as fun and that's mostly me not being used to playing splat bomb dynamo anymore, but before it came out I was thinking it was going to be splat bomb booyah, and chumps is so much worse and less fun to me. Kit is still kinda fun sometimes. As for strength, it's just okay.

Carbon deco. All I need to say.

I think a lot of the rollers got decent/fun kits honestly. I like vroller and flingza and both are somewhat strong (vroller kit synergy goes crazy), krakon is a fun pick. Swig kits could be better but I honestly still like express's kit well enough. Will never touch vswig again though.

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
i mained vheavy for the longest time and always felt like the kit was pretty good for that weapon specifically. both sprinkler and wave breaker lean into heavy's strengths: controlling a large horizontal space, denying access to objectives, and laying down an impressive amount of paint. sprinkler lends a slight hand with movement and can be placed in annoying spots to cover more ground (high on spine in undertow and the walls on mincemeat come to mind). wave turns a weapon with an already-impressively-fast 4-shot tts into a 2-shot monster if the wave hits and can force jumps to make your splats easier even if they don't get hit. granted, wave really needs some additional changes to stay competitive right now, but at least on paper it's a great companion special for heavy to have!

now that i play mostly range - another kit with wave breaker - i feel a bit less charitably toward the vrange kit. suction is a good tool for support, displacement, and objective control, but i'm not sure it's a good fit for the main. a sub weapon better suited to mobility, self-paint, and helping lock down kills with the blaster's effective range would be traits i'd love to see in the second kit. wave is a pretty good partner with range since it's a quick ink refill before you push up and can call out sharking enemies easily, plus it's a wombo combo with indirects, but it lacks the aggressive potential i really want fulfilled. let me be evil, nogami.

s/o to tri nouveau for getting the most fun and synergistic kit i've played so far tho, that thing is a BEAST and not even the pfs nerfs can keep me from playing it

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
2 out of 3 shot kits are great, lots of synergy and aggressive potential. shot has always loved bombs and that's never going to change. hero shot is just worse vshot

I like bow's first kit, it has great synergy and it's super fun despite mist not being the best. the second kit is meh though, super chumps can still combo with it but not nearly as well as wail does

zf charger's kit is amazing, could have a more synergistic special but wall is just so good on it. unfortunately vac doesn't work too well from how back vcharger likes to play but the splat bomb is nice

and eliter, naut and squiffer all STILL don't have a second kit and 2/3 of them have sensor 💀

like seriously, its been 1.5 years and out of 6 main weapons only 3 have a second sub and special

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
I play the brellas
Reg Brella got one horrid kit and Sorella brella which is darn near perfect
Tent got two FANTASTIC kits I adore tents kits in this game
And undercover brella...
I actually enjoy Vunder even tho its not good I just find inkmine/reeslider combos to just be silly
and Undercover sorella while it has a good sub has like the worst special it could have gotten

So to be truthful I am really going through it heres to hoping the 4th brella gets some good kits

Regale__

Inkster Jr.
Dread Wringer has the potential to be really funny, but i only get use out of it with zones cheese. Hoping for the second kit to have Kraken or Storm.

Viper is an awesome kit, good poking bomb and ultra stamp is decent for it, Diper is similar.

NTri would be an awesome kit if tHEY DIDNT KEEP NERFING THE PPS EVERY UPDATE

reelrollsweat

Semi-Pro Squid
i love vanilla heavy’s kit, both sprinkler and wave breaker play to the main’s strengths a lot and help me with paint and mobility and stuff. vheavy in s2 gave me a lot of appreciation for sprinkler especially and i’ve learned even more abt little things you can do with it in s3. sprinkler fan 4ever

i played a ton of hydra back in chill-fresh season last year, im really happy w/ the kit it has in this game ^^ autobomb is a great cheap bomb/information option and booyah is great for pissing off the enemy backline

i initially didn’t care for vanilla ballpoint but i gave it a try after it became meta (meta slave moment oopsies) and i ended up actually really enjoying it! fizzy is awkward to work with sometimes bc you cant throw one and then do sustained fire mode for more than like 2 seconds w/o running out of ink, but the kit in general just feels really powerful and it’s so much fun to pop off with it

vanilla slosher 10/10 no notes

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
Eating well with Vanilla Splash, and Vanilla Octobrush's kit works (bomb could be better, and Zip needs an actual buffed).
Then there's Neo Splash, which I wanted a support kit, but it's just TTek for Tower Control, which is kinda lame. Waited a year for Octobrush Nouveau for it to have Beakon/Rain, which isn't a bad sub and special for it, but just not together, since the weapon struggles to get in and my only 'get in' is Ink Storm.

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
I remember VDS early on was seen to have a strong kit but eventually wave breaker fell victim to power creep. I still like the kit, just needs to be fine tuned to be better.

Ducc

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4765-2910-9015
As a wiper main, despite stamp being weak, I really enjoy the synergy, and the deco kit is a fun support option

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
slosher… i can either have a special that’s fun or a sub that’s fun
at least tri-strikes can do something while line marker…

Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-4935-7968
my mains (hydra, explo) will get a 2nd eventually right? cause they both have kinda mid kits. 96 Deco, sorella brella and Rapid Pro deco are fantastic tho

Hazl_

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5397-0372-4418
I main Glooga Dualies and i think their kit is probably the best they couldve gotten. i think wall works very well for the weapon and booyah bomb is always nice to have, its very good at displacing people which i think is useful for gloogas overall playstyle

Necrowmancy

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/they
I play brellas, all of them can be summed up with just
Vanilla bad
Sorella good
(I love vunder though its just a little silly)

Ai-NAD

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0757-6198-3981
One kit got Hammer, the other kit got Beakon.
Wiper is fun.

rulesofxem

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7591-5962-3116
I happen to main Splat Roller and Tri-Stringer, so let's talk about each kit it got.

Splat Roller has easily one of my favorite kits in this game. Curling on a roller speaks for itself, and bubbler is very useful for securing positions and staying alive when you need it. Granted I haven't put as much time into the Krak-On Roller, but beakons are kind of hilarious in solo, and Kraken is always fun to have.

As for the Stringers... oh boy.

The vanilla tri-stringer kit is... Something. Toxic mist can help slow chokepoints, secure kills (sometimes) and can be used defend yourself. Kind of.
Wail is not good on this thing. It's not the worst special it could've gotten, but it really does not do much a lot of the time. Despite these things, this kit can have pretty good killing power when utilized properly. Good luck painting, though.

And then there's inkline! Killing power is traded for absurd paint output with sprinklers and Super Chumps. I've honestly found myself enjoying inkline a fair amount recently, and the lack of killing tools outside of the main has pushed me to get better with the main.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom