• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How to Calculate Ability Effects

kesterstudios

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kesterstudios
I think the Defense Up calculations are wrong. For a weapon that does 28 damage, the calculations say that 1 Defense Up Main should reduce the damage to 26.7. but in game when I shoot the dummy with 1 Defense Up Main it does 26.5. For another example, a charger which does 40 damage uncharged should reduce the damage to about 38.1 with 1 Defense by the calculations, but in the game it does 37.9.

After doing some calculations of my own, it seems 1 Defense Up Main reduces the damage by about 5.2%, not 4.8%. The other Defense Up calculations seem wrong too.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Are there numbers for the effect of Special Duration Up on the vulnerability periods of Inkstrike and Killer Wail? It seems to be just minimum = no improvement, maximum = no vulnerability, but I like numbers to be sure.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
So I'm a little confused about what DU/frame speed means when you use it to calculate run speed and swim speed. Please educate me; what exactly does it mean (I'm asking b/c I'm pretty sure I won't just find an answer via Google search).

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So I'm a little confused about what DU/frame speed means when you use it to calculate run speed and swim speed. Please educate me; what exactly does it mean (I'm asking b/c I'm pretty sure I won't just find an answer via Google search).
Pretty sure it's "Distance unit per frame" where the distance unit is somewhat arbitrarily defined as the distance between lines at the testing facility. Length/Time is a measure of velocity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom