1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

How to Calculate Ability Effects

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Box, Sep 23, 2015.

1. kesterstudios

kesterstudios Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    kesterstudios
    I think the Defense Up calculations are wrong. For a weapon that does 28 damage, the calculations say that 1 Defense Up Main should reduce the damage to 26.7. but in game when I shoot the dummy with 1 Defense Up Main it does 26.5. For another example, a charger which does 40 damage uncharged should reduce the damage to about 38.1 with 1 Defense by the calculations, but in the game it does 37.9.

After doing some calculations of my own, it seems 1 Defense Up Main reduces the damage by about 5.2%, not 4.8%. The other Defense Up calculations seem wrong too.

2. MindWanderer

MindWanderer Inkling Commander

NNID:
    MindWanderer
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5961-6763-3987
    Are there numbers for the effect of Special Duration Up on the vulnerability periods of Inkstrike and Killer Wail? It seems to be just minimum = no improvement, maximum = no vulnerability, but I like numbers to be sure.

3. Creator438

Creator438 Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Creator438
    So I'm a little confused about what DU/frame speed means when you use it to calculate run speed and swim speed. Please educate me; what exactly does it mean (I'm asking b/c I'm pretty sure I won't just find an answer via Google search).

4. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

Pretty sure it's "Distance unit per frame" where the distance unit is somewhat arbitrarily defined as the distance between lines at the testing facility. Length/Time is a measure of velocity.