How to get all subs from spyke?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
i think i understand why its good to buy 2 slot unlocked items now, you just keep trying to unlock the right ability for the third slot then use your back up if its wrong and buy it again?
also, if we wait until the next day without talking to spyke, he still has the gear but it will be different than what it would have been the first day?
(sorry if my wording is confusing, this is all very new to me and i need an understanding)
I believe the gear that Spyke gives you is determined on order. So to manipulate that you'd have to find someone in your lobby with the gear you want (but don't order it), make that your backup save, then go into the game and order gear. Then wait a day to see if it is what you want. If not, reload and order again. The trick is to order AFTER you make the backup save. This takes a long time though, as you have to wait a day between everything and can't save your progress (which bothers me a bit, but might not bother you).

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
It definitely does bother me but it wont kill me, rank and level are meaningless to me so its not a problem but its definitely not what id want either. Thanks for sharing that

Do you know if spyke resets (finds the gear) at like 12 am? 24 hours after you order? Anything like that?
It should reset at midnight, but it's the same time all over the region, so it could be slightly later/earlier than midnight depending on where you live I believe

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
So its possible for me to order 5 minutes before the reset time and after ordering spyke will have it in 5 minutes? Ive actually tried looking for this time or any info but no one seems to know so i dont know what time he resers for me (pacific time in north america)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can do that, as long as you figure out the exact time Spyke gets your order. I'm not exactly sure if it's midnight, it could maybe be a little later.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I believe the gear that Spyke gives you is determined on order. So to manipulate that you'd have to find someone in your lobby with the gear you want (but don't order it), make that your backup save, then go into the game and order gear. Then wait a day to see if it is what you want. If not, reload and order again. The trick is to order AFTER you make the backup save. This takes a long time though, as you have to wait a day between everything and can't save your progress (which bothers me a bit, but might not bother you).
I'm pretty sure you can save other data while playing the game, as long as you don't save that you had talked to spike that day

Njok

Bouncer
Actually no, you can make the backup after you order. Once you have the order in line, each day the result will be different.

Basically what Spyke does is he will keep your order until you come to pick it up. Now if you choose not to buy it, he'll toss the order at midnight. This is why you reset if you choose not to buy it, because you will be resetting to a point where you did not go to pick it up (ie he will still have your order the next day, and the outcome might be different).

Note that you could do this until it comes perfect. But since it's a 0,5% chance for 3 slots, you're better off waiting on two slots and manipulate the third.

Also note that you can't roll gear while the order is in your queue because Spyke will see that as coming to pick it up.

I hope this clears it up a bit. It can be confusing.

One more thing about my guide, manipulating the third slot is a lot faster when you copy the file the other way around (so have your main save on the usb instead of the wiiu). However this requires keeping the usb plugged in all the time. Something I've experienced quite some problems with lately (lost a ton of game data and my wiiu won't let me copy files anymore) so I definitely wouldn't advise doing so. That said I'm not 100% sure if my problems are the result of having the usb plugged in, it's just that it's the only explanation that makes sense.

Njok

Bouncer
So no matter what i will have to wait the full day?
P much. I think there's a trick you can do with changing your wiiu's time zone but I haven't really looked into that. Shouldn't be that complicated though. I assume it's just changing it to a timezone where it's close to midnight at that moment. But like I said, I never looked into it so i can't say for sure.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
So no matter what i will have to wait the full day?
Yeah, but it's a 9.5% chance for 2/3 slots (about 10 days) and then 6% chance for the last one to be the one you want (about 17 tries/however it takes about 15-20 good minutes to level up 2-star gear to the final level and you might not get what you want when very unlucky so it could take more days than that)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I remember reading something like that but dont know where
Sorry i know this is a mich longer thread than i intended it to be but i still have one more question
When spyke has 2 of the subs, do i save before buying it from him and do i only have the 24 hours to try to get the ability i want on the 3rd slot?
Yeah, since his order will change again the next day.

Boscolot

Inkling
NNID
Bosco
P much. I think there's a trick you can do with changing your wiiu's time zone but I haven't really looked into that. Shouldn't be that complicated though. I assume it's just changing it to a timezone where it's close to midnight at that moment. But like I said, I never looked into it so i can't say for sure.
Thanks for posting this information. It's good to know that the order will change based on the day you pick up. I've been trying to play around with scumming orders lately as well and I can confirm the Time Zone trick works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom