Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
*brief flash of me being evil to yall ←~(Ψ▼ー▼)∈*
It's either:
  1. Splatoon mobile game
  2. loot boxes that'll include exclusive gear
  3. microtransactions that includes skipping the gear grind

*readjusts halo ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭✧ *
If the rumor is true and Splatoon based, maybe some changes to the game in preparation for the OctoExpansion? Probably a Nintendo Direct to inform the uninitiated who the Octarians are, changes to Inkopolis Square like the area next to Spyke's shop and maybe even letting you bother him, what the Off the Hook amiibos actually do, a drawing app outside the game, higher tickrate, servers or just better netcode overall... wow, there's just too much to guess at and hope for at the moment.

I'm gonna hold out for some actual confirmation before diving further into candyland dreams.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I'm kind of expecting it to be rather disappointing news. Not because it's bad, but because it'll end up being something I likely won't care about.

Of course the best case scenario is news about better servers. Like...I'll get to play Splatoon without lag interfering? That'd be amazing! It's also shortly before paid online is out. It's just....I really doubt this. Though...they also said the news would be "shocking", so maybe it's something we're all doubting!

Most people are saying a Battle Royale mode, but I doubt it. It'd certainly be "shocking", but it'd really go against the spirit of baby squid game.

Voice chat. Like servers, this would be a part of the paid online thing. I hope not. I don't want people screaming at me because they walked infront of a Charger and died. I don't think this will be it either, but it's a possibility.

Mobile game. I hope not. Unless it's something where I get to pet my Inkling, I hope it's not a stinking mobile game.

Squid dating simulator! Ditch the humanoid forms and let's have a squid dating sim.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Given the close proximity to E3, I feel it's unlikely this will be related to Splatoon 2 as a game. If it's a huge new mode or expansion, that would probably be in the direct, same with a Switch spin off for example.

I'm guessing a mobile game announcement, or multimedia project like an anime or movie. Maybe even a Splatoon theme park in Japan given it's a cultural phenomenon.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
New servers sounds about right.

Mobile game and BR will be trash.

Left handed Inklings plz.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
There are models for a completely new Slosher and Splatling weapon found in the data. Maybe the Splatoon team is ready to continue supporting Splatoon even longer than it already is?

What exactly does the post text say? What's up with the Toad holding a Hero Roller?
Wasn’t there like a bathtub or something?

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I am hoping against a Battle Royale mode. I am already sick of this trend in gaming and it hasn't even been around all that long! Battle Royale sucks.

But one thing that I have been thinking about, and have been for quite a while, is some kind of Splatoon spin-off game. Something that dives into the lore of the world a bit more and, a bit more specifically, some of the personalities we see across the world. Would be nice to know how Captain Cuttlefish got the title in the first place, or how he got a gear brand named after him! Maybe we can learn more about the Squidbeak Squadron (may have the name wrong. Please be nice!) and how they formed, why they formed, and gather some more information about Callie and Marie. It's all just speculation, but any news is welcome news!

Aside from a Battle Royale mode announcement...

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
They said that because they cited the wrong magazine. The news is going to be dumped in corocoro.
Yeah, i saw the recomfirmation earlier today. I'll just wait 'till june 9th. I'll keep my expectations at an average. I don't think anything can get me more hyped up than the octo expansion.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
This has got to be something small specifically for the Japanese audience. Something niche, like an officially sponsored competitive team or something related to the manga. I don't think Nintendo would have gone out of their way to debunk this had it been something global or important to the game itself. Gotta be a regional thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom