I always get terrible teams... Am I in hell?

is B+ Hell?

• Yes

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
There are lots of questions I always have. I've seen players who die 10+ times per match, with high kills, claim their teammates are at fault, for example, but every time they died they left their teammates without cover. Number one rule is: Don't die. Retreat. Walking backwards shooting from rollers. A game where you die more than 4 times is a bad game, and that's on you. That's the main thing you need to examine.

That said, you get lots and lots of bad players matched with you, and it just takes that one S+ on the other team in a room full of A- players (this shouldn't happen, but does often) for everything to fall to pieces. The only way to climb is to learn to carry teammates, even the worst ones.

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
There are lots of questions I always have. I've seen players who die 10+ times per match, with high kills, claim their teammates are at fault, for example, but every time they died they left their teammates without cover. Number one rule is: Don't die. Retreat. Walking backwards shooting from rollers. A game where you die more than 4 times is a bad game, and that's on you. That's the main thing you need to examine.
That really depends. On the other hand, I see plenty of players with absolutely no spine. They're so afraid of getting splatted that they either stay far within their team's inked territory or follow a teammate around trying not to get their attention. If they see a large amount of enemy-inked ground, they retreat. They never grab the Rainmaker, get on the tower, or come near the Splat Zones. If you get on the tower or get the Rainmaker, they will run in the opposite direction you're traveling. If they see opponents, they will scramble all the way back to the spawn point or super-jump there and hope that the opponents go away. They're the ones who, in Turf War, ink less than 200p and have records like 0-1. They're the ones who, in Ranked Battle, are teammates you see at the beginning but never see again (except when you respawn and you see them inking little bits of uninked ground or just hiding in a corner in the ink) and have records like 0-6.

Me, I do get splatted a lot in Ranked because of these people. If no one is going to take the tower or grab the Rainmaker, then I'll have to do it myself, and that leaves me in a position to be easily splatted. Same happens in Turf Wars to a lesser extent: I'm the only one in the front lines, and so I'll inevitably get swarmed and surrounded, and when I do, our inked ground diminishes rapidly as these cowards scatter or scurry back to the spawn point, leaving the opponents free to ink our ground as they please.

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
That really depends. On the other hand, I see plenty of players with absolutely no spine. They're so afraid of getting splatted that they either stay far within their team's inked territory or follow a teammate around trying not to get their attention. If they see a large amount of enemy-inked ground, they retreat. They never grab the Rainmaker, get on the tower, or come near the Splat Zones. If you get on the tower or get the Rainmaker, they will run in the opposite direction you're traveling. If they see opponents, they will scramble all the way back to the spawn point or super-jump there and hope that the opponents go away. They're the ones who, in Turf War, ink less than 200p and have records like 0-1. They're the ones who, in Ranked Battle, are teammates you see at the beginning but never see again (except when you respawn and you see them inking little bits of uninked ground or just hiding in a corner in the ink) and have records like 0-6.

Me, I do get splatted a lot in Ranked because of these people. If no one is going to take the tower or grab the Rainmaker, then I'll have to do it myself, and that leaves me in a position to be easily splatted. Same happens in Turf Wars to a lesser extent: I'm the only one in the front lines, and so I'll inevitably get swarmed and surrounded, and when I do, our inked ground diminishes rapidly as these cowards scatter or scurry back to the spawn point, leaving the opponents free to ink our ground as they please.
These guys are a problem, but the higher up you get, the rarer they get, to the point where in S I very, very, very rarely see these guys, and a much bigger problem by far are the kamikaze players who are overextending and constantly trading, especially at the initial engagement of the match.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
They'll always be there in Turf War though. As for Ranked, I'm currently at B and I still find at least one in every room.

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
They'll always be there in Turf War though. As for Ranked, I'm currently at B and I still find at least one in every room.
One of the biggest things that helped me in turf war was running the inkbrush in turf wars. It's no good at head-to-head, so forces you the learn the kind of stealth tactics that allow you to survive in higher ranks. It also covers turf like crazy. Stick within sight of a couple of your teammates, and kill people who try to kill them. With the right combo of stealth and calculated aggression, you can carry those 0-7 players. It can be hard to spot them, of course. If you see someone die in the initial engagement, shadow them when they respawn, and kill the people who try to kill them.

There's little you can do about some of them, of course, like the people who super jump rather than swimming back in.

Spiral

Inkling
NNID
SpiralViper
I had a match where I literally did not let the enemy out of their spawn for 30+ seconds, and my teammates still didn't get on the tower.
...and whenever I would die, everything would fall apart, and the enemy team would push the tower to 50 before I could get them off again.

I went 25-8, and we lost the game by a landslide. We only pushed the tower to 97. (and that was me!)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I feel like this too, I was going up a rank every 2-3 days then B+ took me almost 1 and a half weeks, I eventually got past it and I'm A- now

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
One of the biggest things that helped me in turf war was running the inkbrush in turf wars. It's no good at head-to-head, so forces you the learn the kind of stealth tactics that allow you to survive in higher ranks. It also covers turf like crazy. Stick within sight of a couple of your teammates, and kill people who try to kill them. With the right combo of stealth and calculated aggression, you can carry those 0-7 players. It can be hard to spot them, of course. If you see someone die in the initial engagement, shadow them when they respawn, and kill the people who try to kill them.

There's little you can do about some of them, of course, like the people who super jump rather than swimming back in.
Oh, I actually meant the scaredy-cats who retreat at the first sign of conflict, the people so afraid of getting splatted that they're willing to lose a match if it means their Inkling never gets harmed. I meant that those people who retreat and run away, and play the game taking no risks whatsoever, are prevalent in Turf War and a constant presence for me in Ranked. There's no point in following them because they're usually the ones doing the following or are nowhere near any location of value.

The gung-ho players I can deal with; they're great for diverting attention away from myself. The really visible Leeroy Jenkins can attract attention from multiple opponents, putting us at an advantage, at least for the short time before they're splatted. But it'll happen repeatedly. They also carry the downside of ruining some of my stealth attempts though, where they're being shot at and come right over to me, getting me splatted too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom