• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I calculated how tall Inklings are, and they're tiny!

Chiya Fluff

Inkling
NNID
Fennerkinz
Switch Friend Code
SW-3782-1626-0411
Hi, I decided just for the sake of it to see if there was a way to know the size of the Inklings relative to humans, and it turns there is.

I posted it on my Tumblr, but basically I used the NES Zapper as a reference. My conclusion is that the Inklings are 1'9", which is way smaller than I expected.

What do you guys think?
i think this is about right, because there's a picture my friend sent me of an octoling next to what looks like a door, but it's much much bigger than the octoling, so i think you're about right

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
That's a good one! but what if they evolved to be bigger or smaller after 15,000 years :p
Actually using the sparrows is a pretty good idea. It usually takes a species a lot longer than that to make any significant changes (such as a major difference in body size).

Provided that the birds actually are sparrows (They might be a different kind of bird) then using the sparrows would give you an extremely accurate result (I'd run the numbers myself but I'm too lazy).

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
It's floating around—I'll try to track it down—but there is official art with the height of Pearl and Marina. Pearl being under five feet and Marina being no taller than 5'11" in height. That would leave Callie and Marie somewhere inbetween them as Pearl usually refers to Marina as "freakishly tall."

As for the sizes of most objects, I think that's due to there being multiple sentient sea-life coming in a variety of heights. Though that still doesn't explain the size of Judd and sparrows. ¬¬;

Cyber locc

Inkling
Hmm final boss of Octo as scale?

That is a national landmark after all. It is obviously not a small replica so that means it is the regular sized real one.

That dare I say, also gives us a Place of refrence as to the city's location on Earth. I have never been to said landmark, and while it may not be exact scaling (likely is larger IRL?) I think it's safe to say they are at least people sized.

We are also assuming they built the skateparks and such, that we fight in. Seeing the ending, I don't think they did. I think those are human structures still remaining. If the landmark can be kept in tact under water.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Found the Off the Hook pic from the Nintendolife site. It's part of the Splatoon 2 art book.

Their heights, can be rounded up to 5'10" and 4'9".

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
...So most squids are actually similar in size to us. Interesting...
What would be the n-zap’s size, in comparison?

Coldcolor900

Inkling
they are about half the size of a base of a blender, according to the Splatoon 2 octo expansion. the base of a blender is one of the four thangs. sorry for spoilers

;^)

Inkling
NNID
aaccountt
Remember that the Squid Sisters are taller than playable Inklings. Here, I found a source.
wow that's a really big height difference. not sure where the op in that post got the measurements, but i feel like the comparison between agent 4 and marie might be a bit more accurate, like the photo in this article.

Damian

Inkling
they are about half the size of a base of a blender, according to the Splatoon 2 octo expansion. the base of a blender is one of the four thangs. sorry for spoilers
Those obviously aren't human blenders. They were definitely modified to be able to be produced, plus the lack of a plug and the presence of the stepping platform that raises you up to the blade.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
I say the Splat 2 art book, being (as TV Tropes would say) "word of God", pretty much kills any theories about inklings being super tiny.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The only issue with the theory is that relies entirely on the fact the N'Zap from our ****ty universe and the N'Zap from the Splatoonverse having the same dimensions. Aside from that, I do think it makes sense for Inklings and Octolings to be tiny, considerably smaller than humans.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
You can't say that, we have Twinkies, Cheesecake, Dunkaroos, Goldfish, and Sporks.
And Spin Copters, Puppy Surprise, indoor plumbing, joysticks, sliced bread,....

Agent 15

Inkling
Hi, I decided just for the sake of it to see if there was a way to know the size of the Inklings relative to humans, and it turns there is.

I posted it on my Tumblr, but basically I used the NES Zapper as a reference. My conclusion is that the Inklings are 1'9", which is way smaller than I expected.

What do you guys think?
Actually, they're 5 feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom