I JUST FOUND THE PERFECT FIX FOR SPLATTERCOLOR SCREEN!!!

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I feel like Nintendo should have been working on it till the special had absolutely zero chance of affecting certain people negatively. Yeah, they "patched it" but even so I've heard it still affects some people, so they should have kept working on it. I think just muting or intensely muffling all sound intake would be good for the audio part, and just making both ink colors the same, but making it to where they are still slightly different shades would be good for a visual effect. But the random special and sub sounds that aren't there does intrigue me though, I feel like that's a really good idea, especially for disorienting people in top play since audio ques are such a big part in top-level gameplay, it's not like Nintendos going to do anything about it but it's nice to dream
what do you mean?
what he said was something I couldn't argue with

Driftwood

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
I have something to say but am electing not to say it because it's not worth the effort for any party involved.

(This is *not* directed at any single person).

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I have something to say but am electing not to say it because it's not worth the effort for any party involved.

(This is *not* directed at any single person).
what was it going to be?

Mp3

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Female
i’m no game designer but i’ve always wondered about a solution like this… or if “all ink is the same color now” is a little too punishing, maybe just a simple swap between your team’s and the opposing team’s colors? that way you’d still be able to tell the difference, theoretically, but you’d have to adjust fast to the enemy color now being the friendly color and vice versa.

i also kinda like the sound (no pun intended) of the solution i’d been hearing people pitch for the audio aspect, where instead of the static-y sounds you start hearing sub and special start-up noises that aren’t there. having the regular game audio get simply muffled instead of the static-y sound it has now seems like a good idea, too. i can’t really say much about how the sound is right now though - i don’t really notice it that much when i get hit by screen, possibly because i don’t typically have game audio going through a headset
I think that is a mych better idea and it will be a less painful change for colorblind players and would overall make the speacial more used and balanced.

Driftwood

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
I think that is a mych better idea and it will be a less painful change for colorblind players and would overall make the speacial more used and balanced.
Thinking about it further, I don't believe making all the ink the same color (or swapping colors) is a good solution because it it would be hard to fine tune the effect. If you think about the various patches they will usually just bump a value up or down (points for special, area of effect size, duration etc). You could argue that the devs could make the ink colors more or less similar to buff/nerf it, but I'm pretty sure that would unfairly penalize colorblind players since they have a harder time distinguishing colors in the first place. Keeping both ink colors the same is fair since no one could see a distinction, but that would eliminate one variable they could tweek for balancing.

It's possible that if they fix the sound issue (which most people, including myself, seem to agree could be done though volume changes), and some tweaks to the current greyscale system they could fix it. But if not, I'm more leaning toward other visual changes (maybe splotches of ink on your screen or the fog effect from Salmon Run and that one challenge). I actually feel making all the ink the same color is cool in concept but I no longer believe it's actually a good solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom