• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

IC - The Unique Ones

Cephalobro

"Well", Coral begins, "Let's just say that the first battle in general that I was part of didn't happen in Inkopolis at all.", he continues "Do you see the Octotrooper working at Ammo Knights? That's my brother, he was part of that battle as well."

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
“Both of you are veterans, good.” She attempts a warm smile. “Best of luck to you both.” She says walking into the spawn ring.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
The timer counts down from 60, so she has time to talk to her teammates. “Hey. Whatever happens, just don’t...fail miserably, alright? You guys seem like good players, I just want this to go well. You never know what’s going to happen.” She sighs. “I’m not very good at this whole pep talk stuff.” “That’s obvious. You suck at everything. ” her shade laughs at her. She shoots it a glare.

Cephalobro

Coral replies "Oh don't worry, every war that I was a part of required victories in every battle. Whenever I was involved, those victories happened, my commander sent me on missions for a reason. Especially when Octarian homes in Inkopolis were in danger of being taken by any threat."

Coral then recalls his battle in Inkopolis, accompanied by his Octarian comrades and Inkling allies fighting against DJ Octavio's Octarians.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
She raises a eyebrow suspiciously but doesn’t press any further. “Well let’s do this. Not exactly the best weapon composition, but I think we can pull this off.” She says as the counter counts down from 5.
She breathes in and out, relaxing herself.
She glances at her teammates and back at the stage. (it’s arona mall btw, I don’t think I mentioned that.)
She mindlessly traces her fingers over the inscription cut into the handle of her inkbrush.
Go!
She takes off down the left side of the map, covering as much territory as possible. “You know the drill, hop to it!” She shouts to her teammates

Cephalobro

Coral takes the path on the right, going immediately to stop the other team from using it. "Let's see if all that battling will pay off, time to prevent the opponent from getting the advantage on us!", he says as he inks the path that leads to the middle.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Holi sprints towards the middle and is met with 2 sniper shots to her left and her right. She quickly ducks back behind a wall. “I’m gonna need some backup here!” She shouts to her teammates.

Cephalobro

Coral arrives at the middle and notices two sniper ink lines on the ground, he throws a Splat Bomb at one of the snipers to throw her off her aim. Coral then notices the other sniper, he aims right at Coral, but Coral evades his shot just enough to get into the enemy team's side of the area. "Gees, that was too close." As he kept inking, he charged up his Special. After splatting the Blaster who tried to get him, he used his Inkjet's cannon to splat both snipers so Holi can keep going. "The snipers are splatted!" he yells as his Inkjet runs out, forcing a Super Jump back to the same spot where he used his Special.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
“ 3/4 down...that’s better than what I expected from this team. Nice.” Holi sprints too the other side while covering as much territory as possible. She stops to check the map to see it mostly colored by them. “But where’s the last guy...?” She mutters to herself. She glances up to see a dynamo roller slamming down on top off her. “OH SH-“ is the only thing she can should before she is crushed. The inkling laughs his head off. “Did you see that?! She just looked so surprised before I splatted her-huh? What’s this?” He stops his laughing as a black shape begins to reform in front of him. It is veugley shaped like a inkling, but completely made out of black ink. “Hello. ” It says in a dripping tone. “H-hi?” The inkling says confused. “You need to die now. ” it says matter-of-factly. Before the other inkling can respond, it produces a black edged sword and stabs it directly into the other inkling. The inkling falls over and explodes with a black ink. The shade then sets it’s sights on the next inkling in its sights, coral. It begins floating slowly over.

Meanwhile, Holi respawns and sees her shade out. “Shoot. That wasn't supposed to happen.” She says running to her shade.

Cephalobro

As Coral continues covering more turf, he sees a strange shadow coming toward him. As an Octoling who had to endure so much, even having to fight strange creatures sometimes to survive, this was a completely new encounter. "Carp, I thought the only weird stuff I had to worry about happened in real wars." he thought. "Regardless, Clam told me that if I ever find anything strange during any battle that doesn't involve him, avoid it at all costs." he says as he continues inking turf, slowly shifting his focus on inking escape paths.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana rose out of bed refreshed, loving the feeling of finally having a soft, comfortable bed to sleep on. She hopped out of bed and turned around to see if Noah was awake.

"Come on, Noah. Wake up," she whispered in Octarian.

Noah didn't move.

"Huh. He must have had a late night." Lana looked out the window; it was still pretty early in the morning. She took this opportunity to make breakfast.

At the smell of warm pancakes, Noah's nose woke up, followed by the rest of his body. He rubbed his eyes and shuffled into the kitchen. "You're already cooking?"

"I woke up early," Lana explained a bit bashfully.

Cephalobro

To Coral, strange stuff wasn't new, he had encountered zombies (Sanitized Octarians) and a living blob (Shade), but he has never seen a shadow separating from its source before, let alone one that can harm people physically. Either way, he will stick to what Clam always tells him and report any strange stuff to General Anemone whenever possible. But due to sport battle rules, he cannot use his phone to call anyone until the match is over, so he will do his best to avoid the moving shadow at all costs.

"Just great, as if I hadn't encountered enough weirdness in past battles." he sighs. "Regardless, I will do my best to get out of this battle alive and tell General Anemone about the potential threat that shadow would pose."

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
After the duo ate what they could, they decided to wait for the next Turf War. While they waited, they decided to go shopping.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Natalie sat against the wall of Headspace, sipping iced tea. It had been about a month since she first came to the surface, and she had established an apartment and a wardrobe full of clothing. However, she still had trouble getting used to things after sixteen years of living underground. She was still learning Inkling, and it was taking her a while to process and absorb surface life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom