• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

If Splatoon had LAN support would you attend offline events?

If Splatoon had LAN support would you attend offline events?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elijah

Inkling
NNID
Elijah
I hope Splatoon has LAN support because this could be another game ran at tournaments alongside smash. Yes I know this game is revolved around online play but if we had the option to system link I think this game would last a really long time. Now I'm wondering at APEX 2015 and other events that ran Splatoon when they had 4v4 was that ran online? Regardless I'm still hype for the game I just think they should implement that into the game what do you think? DISCUSS!!!!!

Setu

It's too early in the game to even be considering offline events unless it was was invitation from Nintendo or something. The game isn't even close to being as popular as Smash or even mario kart, and mario kart doesn't even have offline tourneys.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Yes, to answer OP's question, 4v4 at events has been local (LAN).

I'll be looking to organize a Cincinnati area LAN party just for fun sometime after release. Maybe in the fall or something. I've already envisioned it in my mind. That is assuming it will be possible to play locally between consoles with the consumer version of the game, which I think it will be.

Nester

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
Community Ambassador
Absolutely, I'd love to hold Splatoon LAN events and tournaments locally. A Wii U, Gamepad and 17-19"Monitor with HDMI in is easy to transport, easier than some PC LAN parties I've been to for sure. If you can plug earbuds/headphones into the Gamepad to output the audio you have everything you need!

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Without a doubt, I'd attend an offline tournament.

I'm REALLY hoping for this game to have LAN, though we'll hopefully hear something about this in Thursday's Direct.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Heck yeah. I know a guy who's pretty deep into the UK Smash community, and he and his friends will be running some IRL Splatoon events. I'll be heading to those for sure, assuming I'm good enough at the game to not embarrass myself. :p

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'd definitely attend an offline tournament. I'd honestly prefer it over online ones, since you have to worry about lag much less.

GLB

Senior Squid
If I can folks in my area, then I could probably get myself out of my house maybe

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i would prefer attending LAN events as opposed to purely online events since you don't have to worry about players ragequitting (sounds ridiculous but has happened to me a lot before,) ping messing up matches, etc. i wouldn't put the online down entirely but competitive scenes flourish when they have an option for playing it locally, which is why LAN is a huge deal to some players. that's why every major counter strike or dota tournament is a LAN

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Really looking forward to LAN. really hope it happens. This fun game and hanging out with others who really like the game also? Sounds like so good

JbrockPony

Inkling
NNID
JbrockPony
I'd also love some LAN tournaments. I sucks Mk8 didnt get LAN fearures like the gamecube did back then, though I'm hoping social media brings attention to this and put this as an actual feature in a future update.

My local smash scene is all up for splatoon, id imagine how hype things would be if LAN was readily available for use.

I also feel splatoon hype will be even more amazing with local friends than online since thier isnt a comfirmed voice chat option yet.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
I'd be all over local tournaments. I only ever got to go to one Smash local and it was a blast even though I got torn apart.
If I can keep up with it, it might even be enough push for me to get an actual monitor.

Also, Jbrock, I dig your avatar. :D

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Without a doubt, assuming it was close enough for me to actually travel there. I'd love to play in LAN situations and really be able to communicate with my team up-close.

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
Since the game is almost lag-free, the best option would be the actual online-mode with friends, just with the 2 Wii Us next to eachother.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
It's a shame that Splatoon tourneys IRL will be such a pain due to the 1 player 1 Wii U thing. If they happened near me I'd defo attend.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
It's a shame that Splatoon tourneys IRL will be such a pain due to the 1 player 1 Wii U thing. If they happened near me I'd defo attend.
That is the case for pretty much any PC game, 1 player to 1 system. Also like with PC games, Splatoon's motion control is comparable to mouse aiming control. Splatoon is a rare console game that has the ability to attract interest of PC gamers due to its similarity with PC games. It already has done so, because I'm primarily a PC gamer.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
That is the case for pretty much any PC game, 1 player to 1 system. Also like with PC games, Splatoon's motion control is comparable to mouse aiming control. Splatoon is a rare console game that has the ability to attract interest of PC gamers due to its similarity with PC games. It already has done so, because I'm primarily a PC gamer.
I think comparing the crude nature of motion controls to the known to be precise mouse aiming control is something many PC gamers would exile you for, given how cult like some of them act. I'm glad it attracted you though, I personally dislike motion controls but it's sweet that it can make people want a game more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom