• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

If Splatoon had LAN support would you attend offline events?

If Splatoon had LAN support would you attend offline events?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
I'd absolutely love to attend a Splatoon LAN! I'd be game to help organise one too in the UK, I'd love for the scene to pick up real quick.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
I'd definitely attend an offline tournament for Splatoon! I can't see it happening for a while yet, but if there's one near me, no doubt i'll be there!

DingDongMcDork

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DingDong
I'd be all over it, personally. It just really comes down to whether or not people will actually organize events like that.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
I would definitely attend a LAN event, but I don't think anyone will offer them. It would take 8 setups per match and I just don't see anyone running that when Smash 4 only takes 1 setup for a match. It's really unfortunate, but it's just a less risky investment to offer Smash Bros. The only way I could see this realistically happening is if Nintendo offers events with Splatoon.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
There's nothing wrong with these types of events, but I would probably get too anxious while playing, which would make me lose focus, so I probably wouldn't partake in LAN events.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
It would be pretty cool to go to one of these events like these! I think the only problem is that everyone would need their own TV and console... Other than I would be down for the gucciness that would happen there.

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
Without a doubt. I love tournaments at conventions, so a Splatoon one, I'd never leave the games room, lol.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
There's nothing wrong with these types of events, but I would probably get too anxious while playing, which would make me lose focus, so I probably wouldn't partake in LAN events.
LAN parties can be just for fun, too. No need to worry about perfection.
It would be pretty cool to go to one of these events like these! I think the only problem is that everyone would need their own TV and console... Other than I would be down for the gucciness that would happen there.
BYOS. Bring your own system. That's the definition of a LAN party.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
LAN parties can be just for fun, too. No need to worry about perfection.

BYOS. Bring your own system. That's the definition of a LAN party.
I know. TVs would be the problem...

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
I don't see how this would work. Gamepads are super expensive, battery life is horrible (would need to be plugged in at all times) and too many setups would be needed. Nintendo sponsored events would be nice though

Last edited:

Neoxon

Inkling
NNID
Neoxon
I honestly don't see how this would work. Gamepads are super expensive, battery life is horrible (would need to be plugged in at all times) and too many setups would be needed. Nintendo sponsored events would be nice though
- LAN Adapter plugged into an Ethernet Hub
- 1 GamePad per Wii U
- Nintendo sells an 8-hour battery for the GamePad

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
- LAN Adapter plugged into an Ethernet Hub
- 1 GamePad per Wii U
- Nintendo sells an 8-hour battery for the GamePad
Even with the better battery that's about $256 you're spending to have it for each gamepad. That may be an issue in the future for tournament organizers. I do hope it won't be problematic though

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Well, as far as I know, PC LAN parties have everyone bring their own setup. I guess if they can do it, so could we.

It would be a bit problematic for larger events, but considering the short length of a given match, we could run modest tourneys with only eight setups. Let's say, if eight teams were to attend, and we play round-robin style, plus finals because that's what sells tickets in the end. That would be 57 matches, each lasting about five minutes, plus, say, three minutes prep-time and handshaking. That would be 8 x 57 = 456 minutes = 7,6 hours pure game-time. Not counting prep time for the tourney itself, breaks and other time-wasters.

Yeah, ok, that's probably not very viable. We'd need at least 16 setups to cut that time down to about 4 hours. Can be done, but definitely more difficult to set up than a Smash tournament.

Last edited:

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would of course. Well, when I'm able. I also want to be able to play in Smash tournaments and haven't gotten to do that yet. :P

But when I can, I'll make sure to do both if Splatoon ever got LAN support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom