• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

if you could nerf

CknSalad

Inkster Jr.
I don't know if I would nerf, but at least fix Inkazooka hitbox, can't say exactly if it's lag but sometimes it goes to the left and kill people on the right.
I honestly think it's lag as I have seen the POVs of comp. players that deal with the same thing at times.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Bubblers are mainly annoying, but a good player can dance around the bubble for a long time wasting the player's special. Even if the good player died, the bubbler was delayed from pushing objective much at all. I think it is a nice strategic special to have as you can not only push objective, get possible kills, but also save your teammates especially those with important special like kraken.
Beyond being annoying the core problem is that it affects different weapons differently. TTK users can shrug them off, while users of other weapons can't. That's what makes it broken IMO. Fixing the bounce back and all would go a long way. And delaying a bubbler doesn't prevent them from inking the zone, nor riding the tower, so it's not a delay in the objective at all. At least krakens, can't shoot long range while invincible from the tower, and can't ink much of the zone without getting out fast.

The Gal family is definitely still a bit too good, and I myself am not that good with it especially the timing of wall deployment. The 96 at least has a 2hko RNG, while the 52 gal is just ridiculous with its quick 2hko with 1 main 3 subs worth of dmg ups. When I used it, it just amazed me how players could get first shot, but since their weapon required more shots to kill, I still won the engagements most of the time. The only thing possible to nerf this family is to nerf the wall (which already got nerfed). Playing against a wall is literally playing against a Dhalsim Street Fighter player. You have to literally poke here and there and then once you see a flank hole/opening, get the gal player when he's focusing shooting at your other teammate and is feeling safe behind is wall.
I thought 52 gal had to be 3hko? 2 main dmgs up turn it into 2hko? That makes me wonder why anyone would even consider using 96 gal? No wonder I get killed more often by 52's. I thought the dmg ups were just to ENSURE 3hko against def up!

E-liter is actually quite a high skill ceiling to be honest. That being said, it still annoys me that the devs gave a charger with the most range a sub like burst bombs which essentially gives it a powerful escape and even frag option to use. At least with the kraken special version, you only have beacons, so if you did not position yourself well and over-extended, you will get punished hard for it. With burst bombs, you kind of just spam on the ground or where you anticipate the enemy will be, and typically the worst case scenario is your sniping was delayed, but you got out safely. Even the top players have trouble dealing with the barrage of burst bombs when trying to finish off the e-liter because of the dmg ups. I know this an exaggeration, but burst bombs is like giving an awper in counter-strike a shotgun as its secondary.
Yeah, the burst bomb mains annoy me. Heck I rarely used them when I mained vanilla, I just used them to climb walls and ink platforms. I do use vanilla scopeless and become a burst bomb main whenever mackerel is in rotation however because most of my other weapons suck badly there :P But otherwise I much prefer using the main gun :)

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I honestly think it's lag as I have seen the POVs of comp. players that deal with the same thing at times.
So I don't think I would nerf anything else. E-Liter is kinda hard to play with and lag benefits it too so I would put more effort on balancing stages than nerfing weapons (the guys who always distort topics lol).

Award

So I don't think I would nerf anything else. E-Liter is kinda hard to play with and lag benefits it too so I would put more effort on balancing stages than nerfing weapons (the guys who always distort topics lol).
Then they'll just stick more trees in the way to render the eliters COMPLETELY useless like underpass ;)

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Then they'll just stick more trees in the way to render the eliters COMPLETELY useless like underpass ;)
Or put giant black uninkable cubes where they normally stay like they did for Dynamos at 2.0 lol

CknSalad

Inkster Jr.
At Award, there is a reason why you mainly see pure dmg up headgear, with cold-blooded swim and ink-resist swim for high-tier 52 players. Some may even switch to cold-blooded dmg ups for absolute guaranteed 2hko against heavy defense up players.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I don't know if I would nerf, but at least fix Inkazooka hitbox, can't say exactly if it's lag but sometimes it goes to the left and kill people on the right.
Plus, the objects and barriers that seem to stop it seems almost arbitrary, sometimes, a tiny thing on the ceiling blocks it, other times, it goes through the block right in front of you.

Award

At Award, there is a reason why you mainly see pure dmg up headgear, with cold-blooded swim and ink-resist swim for high-tier 52 players. Some may even switch to cold-blooded dmg ups for absolute guaranteed 2hko against heavy defense up players.
Interesting. Cold blooded and .52 with a freaking wall are not two elements that connect easily in my mind tho :confused:

I've been trying to play with .52 in TW occasionally to have a "lag impervious" option for days when everything seems laggy. But it's never gone that well, but I've only run 1 dmg up expecting that it's always 3hko but that was a guard against def. That said, I don't have triples of any of the above. I generally just run my build based on mains and combinations of subs, often doubles that go well together. I don't scum so rerolling is a bit too costly to bother with seriously unless the triple it had originally is just useless in any combination. And Spike is NOT my friend. Not once has he ever delivered all 3 slots I order. :mad:

Or put giant black uninkable cubes where they normally stay like they did for Dynamos at 2.0 lol
Nah, they prefer grates over water for snipers. So when you instinctively swim after placing a beacon when landing you fall right into the water, and every time you shot-cancel you have a 35% chance of going for a swim. :rolleyes:

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
it is lag, i even shown a firefight with a few when your not suffering from lag

I do not think chargers need a nerf, outside changing burst bombs. I am sure people would be amazed at the difference just by removing the push effect on them.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Re: Mini Splatling

I did a quick check in the testing area, looks like the Mini splats about as fast as a Sploosh-o-matic. Increasing the shots-to-splat to 5 I think brings it roughly near the Splattershot's/N-ZAP's splat time. I don't know for sure.

Observing its range, I wouldn't call it "average." It outranges all the sloshers, all the non-Dynamo rollers, and all shooters with less range than an L-3 Nozzlenose. That's a bit above average in mine eyes. (Mind you, range was never an issue with any weapon for me.)

But then, I could consider myself to be more in the business of murdering weapons than toning 'em down (just think what I'd do to the poor E-Liter!). I suppose both proposed nerfs at once would be a bit overkill.

Re: Bubbler

If it does in fact take more knockback based on a weapon's damage, well, I've never seen it. It's always been barely pushed back when shot at, even when I'm using it. Shoot, not even the Kraken pushes it back much.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
This aspect I don't have much problem with believe it or not. How many main equivs would that be to hit that cap? I generally take 1...maybe 2 mains. I land a LOT of hits that do NOT kill.
Oh boy. Hold on to your pants inklings 'cause it's math time.
Keep in mind that this applies to both splat charger and e-litre and their scoped variants. Ok so the chargers do 40 damage at 0% charge and 99 damage at 99% charge. That means that damage increased from 0 to 99 is 59, so damage increased per percentage charged is approximately .6, 59/99=.595

At 85% charge the charger does 40+(.6×85)=91 damage and at 90% the chargers do 94 (all this without damage up and defense up)

Now you need to stack enough damage ups for these to do 100 damage. For 91, the percentage needed to increase it to 100 is 100×(100/99-1)=9.9% and for 94 it's 100×(100/94-1)=6.4%
Using the data calculated by Box for splatoon abilities, you would need a minimum of 3 subs or 1 for 90% to be lethal and a minimum of 4 subs or 1 main and 1 sub for 85% to be lethal.
Was all this necessary? nope, but math is fun :D

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
Definitely the E liter, though I'd just change the sub and special of the kit, nothing else. No reason that the longest ranged weapon in the game should have the best close range sub weapon in one kit and the best close range special in the other kit.
totally agree

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would nerf the Dynamo Roller. It is such an obnoxious weapon when lag is involved. Sure, every weapon's deadliness is multiplied when there is lag, but nofin like the Dynamo Roller (and the E-Liters, I will give you that). Also, fixing the Inkzooka's hitboxes would be great as well. I don't care if the hitboxes are fine and the actual problem is lag. Lag is in the game to stay, so it is better fo adapt problematic weapons so they won't be stupidly good under the influence of lag.

@Award; I actually think the Bamboozler is great for any of the modes. I ended with >1000p multiple times in Turf Wars, it splats ridiculously easy with is always a good thing, especially in ranked and again, it can cover turf well for a weapon that is clearly focused on splatting opponents. I would rank it usefulness in the four modes as: Rainmaker > Tower Control > Splat Zones > Turf Wars. I am speaking mostly about the MK II variation btw, can't really make the MK I work.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I dunno what y'all are talkin about. Whenever I go e-liter, and I get in a CQC situation, I always seem to run out of ink when all I needed was 1 more burst bomb.
How many damage ups do you use?

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Re: Mini Splatling

I did a quick check in the testing area, looks like the Mini splats about as fast as a Sploosh-o-matic. Increasing the shots-to-splat to 5 I think brings it roughly near the Splattershot's/N-ZAP's splat time. I don't know for sure.

Observing its range, I wouldn't call it "average." It outranges all the sloshers, all the non-Dynamo rollers, and all shooters with less range than an L-3 Nozzlenose. That's a bit above average in mine eyes. (Mind you, range was never an issue with any weapon for me.)

But then, I could consider myself to be more in the business of murdering weapons than toning 'em down (just think what I'd do to the poor E-Liter!). I suppose both proposed nerfs at once would be a bit overkill.

Re: Bubbler

If it does in fact take more knockback based on a weapon's damage, well, I've never seen it. It's always been barely pushed back when shot at, even when I'm using it. Shoot, not even the Kraken pushes it back much.
If the Mini Splatling took an extra shot to splat it would be the same as an Aerospray (same rate of fire), and I think it currently splats slightly slower than the Sploosh-o-matic (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not sure if Bubbler's push is affected by weapon damage (I believe it is, or at least it should), but I've never had much trouble getting Bubblers out of the way with any weapon I've used, including the Jet Squelcher ;)

Award

I would nerf the Dynamo Roller. It is such an obnoxious weapon when lag is involved. Sure, every weapon's deadliness is multiplied when there is lag, but nofin like the Dynamo Roller (and the E-Liters, I will give you that). Also, fixing the Inkzooka's hitboxes would be great as well. I don't care if the hitboxes are fine and the actual problem is lag. Lag is in the game to stay, so it is better fo adapt problematic weapons so they won't be stupidly good under the influence of lag.

@Award; I actually think the Bamboozler is great for any of the modes. I ended with >1000p multiple times in Turf Wars, it splats ridiculously easy with is always a good thing, especially in ranked and again, it can cover turf well for a weapon that is clearly focused on splatting opponents. I would rank it usefulness in the four modes as: Rainmaker > Tower Control > Splat Zones > Turf Wars. I am speaking mostly about the MK II variation btw, can't really make the MK I work.

I'm not sure what to do with dynamo. I don't disagree with you at all, it's wickedly obnoxious with lag. And there's ALWAYS lag. I complained often that it needed nerfing due to the 45 degree arc of sudden death from half way across the map. And then I started playing dynamo and discovered it rarely ever kills ANYTHING unless you're on top of them and hit dead center. So it's a weapon that's both impossible to avoid AND impossible to kill anyone with reliably. I mean, yeah, I do kill well with it, but generally there's far more misses that shouldn't have missed than I'm comfortable with in use. But when oponents have it? I cant avoid it at all - and they seem to kill me BEFORE the wave animation half the time. If its nerfed it will be almost unuable, and yet it needs to be fixed - the only thing I can think of is NOT give it a 45 degree animatioin. Or make it hitscan like chargers.

Bamboozler splats ridiculously easy? The charger that takes 2 sniper shots instead of one? Yeah, I know about maxing dmg to 99 (typically via scumming, grrr) but if not doing that it would be nasty. Generally when you see a bambi on your team its time to cringe. Every now and then you get a surprise and theyre good. But there's only 2 types of bambi's. REALLY good and REALLY awful. If you're one of the few that can make the bambi a killing machine....whoa! I need lessons :P

I dunno what y'all are talkin about. Whenever I go e-liter, and I get in a CQC situation, I always seem to run out of ink when all I needed was 1 more burst bomb.
Yeah, me too. It often got me in more trouble than it was worth. BUT like leronne said, it all comes down to dmg up stacking. The "burst bomb mains" have absurd amounts of damage ups so the burst bombs are like Raid blaster shots. 2hko on direct hits always, 3hko on indirect. (Though bomb sniffer shakes that up a bit.)

But the burst bomb mains seem to have finger spasms that cause 4-5 bursts to launch at once and have that weird ground huging burst pushing thing that you don't seem them move along the rapid splats.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
Get rid of that one-second stall when a Splash Wall runs out of ink, so that it disappears right away. Make it so that when you throw a splat bomb or suction bomb at a Splash Wall, it instantly disappears, which would make it so that you can just throw a bomb + shoot and take out the user behind the wall and not get robbed because the Splash Wall stayed for longer than it should have.

Otherwise, I don't really have a problem with anything that I think needs a nerf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom