• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

if you could nerf

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The Ttek's damage needs to be nerfed so it's a four shot kill. Always, no damage stacking. But def up can't bring a fifth. So always a four shot kill no matter what. They also need to tone down the fire rate a bit.
So what happens to the squelchers then, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? You just described the Dual Squelcher, more or less. Do those need to be nerfed too to compensate?

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
the best way to offset each weapon is 2 have the same gun composition on each team then its hard to complain

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'd nerf the .96 Gal Deco. I don't understand why it only takes two shots to splat no matter what, so why not make it three?
THEY DID IT. They ****ing did it! 52.0 base damage now, meaning that a single :ability_defenseup: is enough to require a 3-hit splat. Then they nerfed it again by making the Special Gauge lose 75% of its charge upon death, along with a Splash Wall nerf that I don't think really matters. They offset this by reducing its spread a little bit... dunno how that'll affect it.

Also Burst Bombs were made to be a bit stronger/weaker and more ink-hungry, along with a new, smaller splash damage radius. Not quite sure how I feel about it just yet.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
THEY DID IT. They ****ing did it! 52.0 base damage now, meaning that a single :ability_defenseup: is enough to require a 3-hit splat. Then they nerfed it again by making the Special Gauge lose 75% of its charge upon death, along with a Splash Wall nerf that I don't think really matters. They offset this by reducing its spread a little bit... dunno how that'll affect it.

Also Burst Bombs were made to be a bit stronger/weaker and more ink-hungry, along with a new, smaller splash damage radius. Not quite sure how I feel about it just yet.
*spews out drink*

I'd have to look into that.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Yeah, they also nerfed chargers to the point that eliters are designated perch snipers and scoped eliters have questionable utility of any kind now :( Splatterscope is still ok-ish but eliter's 20% loss in range for uncharged shots AND 10% swim speed reduction makes it pretty much little more than a fixed turret. People will cringe seeing a charger on t heir team now!

@Flareth they also gave .96 less RNG dependence, meaning it's actually MORE dangerous now. But they did buff SSPro's shot speed, so that's good.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Yeah, they also nerfed chargers to the point that eliters are designated perch snipers and scoped eliters have questionable utility of any kind now :( Splatterscope is still ok-ish but eliter's 20% loss in range for uncharged shots AND 10% swim speed reduction makes it pretty much little more than a fixed turret. People will cringe seeing a charger on t heir team now!
The patch hasn't been released yet. Just give it time. They can still kill with uncharged shot. They just won't have the massive uncharged range they used to.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

@Flareth they also gave .96 less RNG dependence, meaning it's actually MORE dangerous now. But they did buff SSPro's shot speed, so that's good.
Meanwhile the jets got a speed increase. GOOD. DOWN WITH CHARGERS :P

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
The patch hasn't been released yet. Just give it time. They can still kill with uncharged shot. They just won't have the massive uncharged range they used to.
Specific to eliter though, even with stacked damage up (and I don't stack damage up) you have to get pretty far into the charge for it to kill. With 20% less range that means you have to be FAR too close to the fray to be able to safely stand still for several SECONDS to charge. Keep in mind with a 20% range reduction uncharged, that means that the bamboozler now kills faster over a greater range. I thank you greatly for getting me into bamboozler earlier in this thread because I now have a viable alternative to the now potentially useless eliter (with faster ttk within the same range and more mobility!) Bambi might become meta now!

Seriously do you really look forward to getting landed with a team that has 1 or more eliters which are effectively unable to leave their perches and remain an effective combatant now? Not just charger mains suffer...they'll make their teams suffer with them :D

Meanwhile the jets got a speed increase. GOOD. DOWN WITH CHARGERS :p
Yes, yes, DOWN WITH CHARGERS. Remember that next time after Tuesday when you happen to be on the same team as an Eliter that the eliter is no longer effective in turfing and only half as effective at killing. It is therefore the squelcher's duty to rack up the kills while the eliter is mainly a deterrent who will stay slightly in front of spawn for the duration of the match. You may rejoice in the knowledge that the chargers have been defeated! :p;)

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hold on, where are the patch notes? I need to see this :ability_runspeed:

Edit: Well, while I'm not feeling much for the Charger nerfs (most of the time when they splat me they have a full charge anyways), I'm glad they buffed the Hydra. Not the buff I wanted, but I'm pretty sure it's now the fastest splatting weapon in the game when fully charged :confused:

Last edited:

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
I would make the Carbon Roller slightly slower, sometimes I feel like I have no time at all to defend myself. I know that's the point, but still it's too OP if the player knows how to use it.

This is coming from a level 28 player, so I understand if you disagree with me..
Coming from a 49 I wouldn't say I completely disagree with you. Sure the Deco is my #2 Main for certain maps but if I were to nerf it by slowing it down I wouldn't slow it down too much. It is supposed to be fast (to make up for it's weak offense) yes, but sometimes it's a little too much. In my opinion I don't agree 100% but I know what you mean. The speed is OP every now and then.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I haven't played in a long while, but since when was the Custom Range Blaster considered really strong? I don't recall ever having to fight one, not even in the final Splatfest o_O

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I haven't played in a long while, but since when was the Custom Range Blaster considered really strong? I don't recall ever having to fight one, not even in the final Splatfest o_O
The blasters are better in ranked than turf wars, so you'll never really see it regular battle. And the custom range is predominantly used in S+ based on my experience. It's been consisdered strong (if not one of the best) for quite a while.

Dynamo for sure, with a couple of the other rollers (loaded up with damage ups and ink subs for burst bombs) and the luna blaster neo being a close second.

It's ridiculous how much range it has, it is even worse with lag and how quick it can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom