If you could only play one weapon from each class which ones would you pick?

sevenleaf

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
dualiebot tries to imagine playing other weapon classes (NOT CLICKBAIT)

shooter: v52? i’ve gotten decent with using walls aggressively with gloogas recently so that’d carry over. it’s also the weapon i defaulted to on the rare occasions i’d play s1 (because no dualies lol). sorry sorry feel free to kill me with hammers
roller: carbon deco. one of a few weapons i have tried to learn, enjoyed, but eventually got discouraged with and went back to dualies lol. maybe i should learn it for real
charger: i’ve been meaning to try and learn zekkofin as my big experiment this season but tbh the charger that draws me in the most is new squiffer. zipcaster :) my aim isn’t nearly good enough to play chargers right now though
slosher: either tri would fit my playstyle better but also require more button mashing than i like (hint: my preferred level of mashing is no mashing). for this reason i think i’ll pick (vanilla?) explo, i think it’s a cool weapon and i respect people who use it. except my one ex-coworker but that was for non-explosher-related reasons
splatling: uuuuhhhh have i touched this class ever outside of singleplayer and the splatling challenge. idk man maybe heavy (deco?) that feels like a good choice
dualies: LIGHT TETRAS MY BELOVED i hardly get to play them anymore and if i’m cursed to only play them i cannot be asked by my team to play other dualies ❤ (note: no my team is not forcing me against my will to play other weapons our comps were a group discussion and this is lighthearted)
brella: sorella brella? been meaning to try and learn that one too, i had fun with it for the like 3 matches of brella challenge i got to play a lil while ago
blaster: luna. i know it’s not Good but if i was good i could surprise people with it AND it’s very fun to theme outfits around
brush: …octobrush? i really don’t like playing brushes but that one has zipcaster i guess
stringer: i wanna say vanilla reeflux. another one i Want to Learn but Get Easily Discouraged From. but i wouldn’t complain about vanilla tri-stringer either…
splatana: vwiper. same deal as with reeflux; i actually made a longer-term effort to learn this one a while back but it fizzled out, i should try it again

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
  • Shooters: vshot. Back when I was still trying to figure out which weapon I liked the most (and even when I thought I already had) this was the weapon I could always fall back on if I got frustrated with the one I was using. It's not complicated and I was familiar with it, but I think the biggest reason was that it was comforting to know that if I messed up it was my fault and not the weapon's. Now that I've found s-blast, I probably wouldn't use this, but it would still be nice to have in case I needed it.
  • Rollers: carbon deco. I don't play any rollers, but the premise doesn't say that I have to, just that I'm limited to one. The silly sharking playstyle could be fun if I wanted to try something different.
  • Chargers: e-liter. Choosing between liter and z+f was hard, they're both former mains of mine, but I do still play liter sometimes when a map like eeltail shows up. Plus, if I'm going to be limited to 11 weapons, I might as well have both extremes.
  • Sloshers: vslosher. I haven't really played any sloshers, but this one's good rn, so... yeah.
  • Splatlings: Nautilus 79. Choosing between this and ballpoint was hard, but the accuracy nerf makes ballpoint feel terrible to play, so nautilus it is. I chose this kit because the splashdown buff makes it feel less terrible (plus I get options around cover) and also the suction is amazing on it.
  • Dualies: vds. I have also played tetras and dualies, but squelchers are more... nostalgic, I guess? I have fond memories of A rank me rushing in like a tetras and going 20/4. Plus it's just a fun weapon, even when I'm playing it like I'm actually supposed to lol.
  • Brellas: recycled mk 1. I don't play brellas basically at all, but this one seems fun. Plus, dart combos are really satisfying. I don't really care that mk 2 is probably better because if I'm using this I'm probably not taking it seriously anyway.
  • Blasters: s-blast '91, obviously. Not being able to flex to any of the rapids would be kind of sad, but not really because it just means I play s-blast more :)
  • Brushes: literally any of them lol, it doesn't matter because I have no interest in this class whatsoever. I respect people who use them, but they're not for me. I do have to pick one, though, so... time for a random number generator! I get to play vanilla octobrush! huh i guess this is my only zipcaster weapon. it might see some use after all
  • Stringers: reef-lux, so I can try out the air charge. I have played exactly 2 games so far this season, and neither were with the wellstring, but I think I'd be fine without it. Reef-lux can be my replacement for squiffer since I can't have both that and liter.
  • Splatanas: charcoal decavitator. I don't play any splatanas, and as I mentioned I've played two games this season, but this weapon seems cool and also inkjet is awesome (especially since I don't have rapid deco or ballpoint)

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
  • Shooters: vshot. Back when I was still trying to figure out which weapon I liked the most (and even when I thought I already had) this was the weapon I could always fall back on if I got frustrated with the one I was using. It's not complicated and I was familiar with it, but I think the biggest reason was that it was comforting to know that if I messed up it was my fault and not the weapon's. Now that I've found s-blast, I probably wouldn't use this, but it would still be nice to have in case I needed it.
  • Rollers: carbon deco. I don't play any rollers, but the premise doesn't say that I have to, just that I'm limited to one. The silly sharking playstyle could be fun if I wanted to try something different.
  • Chargers: e-liter. Choosing between liter and z+f was hard, they're both former mains of mine, but I do still play liter sometimes when a map like eeltail shows up. Plus, if I'm going to be limited to 11 weapons, I might as well have both extremes.
  • Sloshers: vslosher. I haven't really played any sloshers, but this one's good rn, so... yeah.
  • Splatlings: Nautilus 79. Choosing between this and ballpoint was hard, but the accuracy nerf makes ballpoint feel terrible to play, so nautilus it is. I chose this kit because the splashdown buff makes it feel less terrible (plus I get options around cover) and also the suction is amazing on it.
  • Dualies: vds. I have also played tetras and dualies, but squelchers are more... nostalgic, I guess? I have fond memories of A rank me rushing in like a tetras and going 20/4. Plus it's just a fun weapon, even when I'm playing it like I'm actually supposed to lol.
  • Brellas: recycled mk 1. I don't play brellas basically at all, but this one seems fun. Plus, dart combos are really satisfying. I don't really care that mk 2 is probably better because if I'm using this I'm probably not taking it seriously anyway.
  • Blasters: s-blast '91, obviously. Not being able to flex to any of the rapids would be kind of sad, but not really because it just means I play s-blast more :)
  • Brushes: literally any of them lol, it doesn't matter because I have no interest in this class whatsoever. I respect people who use them, but they're not for me. I do have to pick one, though, so... time for a random number generator! I get to play vanilla octobrush! huh i guess this is my only zipcaster weapon. it might see some use after all
  • Stringers: reef-lux, so I can try out the air charge. I have played exactly 2 games so far this season, and neither were with the wellstring, but I think I'd be fine without it. Reef-lux can be my replacement for squiffer since I can't have both that and liter.
  • Splatanas: charcoal decavitator. I don't play any splatanas, and as I mentioned I've played two games this season, but this weapon seems cool and also inkjet is awesome (especially since I don't have rapid deco or ballpoint)
You know what, I think I'll actually do this for a month or so, why not. It'll be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom