If you could only play one weapon from each class which ones would you pick?

sevenleaf

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
dualiebot tries to imagine playing other weapon classes (NOT CLICKBAIT)

shooter: v52? i’ve gotten decent with using walls aggressively with gloogas recently so that’d carry over. it’s also the weapon i defaulted to on the rare occasions i’d play s1 (because no dualies lol). sorry sorry feel free to kill me with hammers
roller: carbon deco. one of a few weapons i have tried to learn, enjoyed, but eventually got discouraged with and went back to dualies lol. maybe i should learn it for real
charger: i’ve been meaning to try and learn zekkofin as my big experiment this season but tbh the charger that draws me in the most is new squiffer. zipcaster :) my aim isn’t nearly good enough to play chargers right now though
slosher: either tri would fit my playstyle better but also require more button mashing than i like (hint: my preferred level of mashing is no mashing). for this reason i think i’ll pick (vanilla?) explo, i think it’s a cool weapon and i respect people who use it. except my one ex-coworker but that was for non-explosher-related reasons
splatling: uuuuhhhh have i touched this class ever outside of singleplayer and the splatling challenge. idk man maybe heavy (deco?) that feels like a good choice
dualies: LIGHT TETRAS MY BELOVED i hardly get to play them anymore and if i’m cursed to only play them i cannot be asked by my team to play other dualies ❤ (note: no my team is not forcing me against my will to play other weapons our comps were a group discussion and this is lighthearted)
brella: sorella brella? been meaning to try and learn that one too, i had fun with it for the like 3 matches of brella challenge i got to play a lil while ago
blaster: luna. i know it’s not Good but if i was good i could surprise people with it AND it’s very fun to theme outfits around
brush: …octobrush? i really don’t like playing brushes but that one has zipcaster i guess
stringer: i wanna say vanilla reeflux. another one i Want to Learn but Get Easily Discouraged From. but i wouldn’t complain about vanilla tri-stringer either…
splatana: vwiper. same deal as with reeflux; i actually made a longer-term effort to learn this one a while back but it fizzled out, i should try it again

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
  • Shooters: vshot. Back when I was still trying to figure out which weapon I liked the most (and even when I thought I already had) this was the weapon I could always fall back on if I got frustrated with the one I was using. It's not complicated and I was familiar with it, but I think the biggest reason was that it was comforting to know that if I messed up it was my fault and not the weapon's. Now that I've found s-blast, I probably wouldn't use this, but it would still be nice to have in case I needed it.
  • Rollers: carbon deco. I don't play any rollers, but the premise doesn't say that I have to, just that I'm limited to one. The silly sharking playstyle could be fun if I wanted to try something different.
  • Chargers: e-liter. Choosing between liter and z+f was hard, they're both former mains of mine, but I do still play liter sometimes when a map like eeltail shows up. Plus, if I'm going to be limited to 11 weapons, I might as well have both extremes.
  • Sloshers: vslosher. I haven't really played any sloshers, but this one's good rn, so... yeah.
  • Splatlings: Nautilus 79. Choosing between this and ballpoint was hard, but the accuracy nerf makes ballpoint feel terrible to play, so nautilus it is. I chose this kit because the splashdown buff makes it feel less terrible (plus I get options around cover) and also the suction is amazing on it.
  • Dualies: vds. I have also played tetras and dualies, but squelchers are more... nostalgic, I guess? I have fond memories of A rank me rushing in like a tetras and going 20/4. Plus it's just a fun weapon, even when I'm playing it like I'm actually supposed to lol.
  • Brellas: recycled mk 1. I don't play brellas basically at all, but this one seems fun. Plus, dart combos are really satisfying. I don't really care that mk 2 is probably better because if I'm using this I'm probably not taking it seriously anyway.
  • Blasters: s-blast '91, obviously. Not being able to flex to any of the rapids would be kind of sad, but not really because it just means I play s-blast more :)
  • Brushes: literally any of them lol, it doesn't matter because I have no interest in this class whatsoever. I respect people who use them, but they're not for me. I do have to pick one, though, so... time for a random number generator! I get to play vanilla octobrush! huh i guess this is my only zipcaster weapon. it might see some use after all
  • Stringers: reef-lux, so I can try out the air charge. I have played exactly 2 games so far this season, and neither were with the wellstring, but I think I'd be fine without it. Reef-lux can be my replacement for squiffer since I can't have both that and liter.
  • Splatanas: charcoal decavitator. I don't play any splatanas, and as I mentioned I've played two games this season, but this weapon seems cool and also inkjet is awesome (especially since I don't have rapid deco or ballpoint)

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
  • Shooters: vshot. Back when I was still trying to figure out which weapon I liked the most (and even when I thought I already had) this was the weapon I could always fall back on if I got frustrated with the one I was using. It's not complicated and I was familiar with it, but I think the biggest reason was that it was comforting to know that if I messed up it was my fault and not the weapon's. Now that I've found s-blast, I probably wouldn't use this, but it would still be nice to have in case I needed it.
  • Rollers: carbon deco. I don't play any rollers, but the premise doesn't say that I have to, just that I'm limited to one. The silly sharking playstyle could be fun if I wanted to try something different.
  • Chargers: e-liter. Choosing between liter and z+f was hard, they're both former mains of mine, but I do still play liter sometimes when a map like eeltail shows up. Plus, if I'm going to be limited to 11 weapons, I might as well have both extremes.
  • Sloshers: vslosher. I haven't really played any sloshers, but this one's good rn, so... yeah.
  • Splatlings: Nautilus 79. Choosing between this and ballpoint was hard, but the accuracy nerf makes ballpoint feel terrible to play, so nautilus it is. I chose this kit because the splashdown buff makes it feel less terrible (plus I get options around cover) and also the suction is amazing on it.
  • Dualies: vds. I have also played tetras and dualies, but squelchers are more... nostalgic, I guess? I have fond memories of A rank me rushing in like a tetras and going 20/4. Plus it's just a fun weapon, even when I'm playing it like I'm actually supposed to lol.
  • Brellas: recycled mk 1. I don't play brellas basically at all, but this one seems fun. Plus, dart combos are really satisfying. I don't really care that mk 2 is probably better because if I'm using this I'm probably not taking it seriously anyway.
  • Blasters: s-blast '91, obviously. Not being able to flex to any of the rapids would be kind of sad, but not really because it just means I play s-blast more :)
  • Brushes: literally any of them lol, it doesn't matter because I have no interest in this class whatsoever. I respect people who use them, but they're not for me. I do have to pick one, though, so... time for a random number generator! I get to play vanilla octobrush! huh i guess this is my only zipcaster weapon. it might see some use after all
  • Stringers: reef-lux, so I can try out the air charge. I have played exactly 2 games so far this season, and neither were with the wellstring, but I think I'd be fine without it. Reef-lux can be my replacement for squiffer since I can't have both that and liter.
  • Splatanas: charcoal decavitator. I don't play any splatanas, and as I mentioned I've played two games this season, but this weapon seems cool and also inkjet is awesome (especially since I don't have rapid deco or ballpoint)
You know what, I think I'll actually do this for a month or so, why not. It'll be fun.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
You know what, I think I'll actually do this for a month or so, why not. It'll be fun.
I don't think I'll do this. I said I would because I wanted to try out the other weapons I listed, but I see no reason to prevent myself from trying other things too.

Yosi Spring

Pro Squid
Hero Shot
Gold Dynamo Roller
New Squiffer 🤩
Custom Explosher
Ballpoint Splatling
Glooga Dualies
Tenta Sorella Brella
S-BLAST '91
Inkbrush
Wellstring V
Splatana Stamper

splatana class was definitely the hardest to pick from since they're all good weapons/kits

Smash Arena

Inkster Jr.
Aerospray RG
Splat Charger
Krak-On Roller
Clash Blaster
Octobrush
Dapple Dualies Nouveau
Splat Brella
Tri-Stringer
Splatana Wiper Deco

I don't really play Chargers, so I would just default to the default charger there. As for Shooters, while the Aerospray RG isn't the best at getting splats, it's my favorite weapon in the Splatoon series since Splatoon 1, and I have mastered it over the past 9 years.

When I play with my squad, we all "cover the bases", mastering weapons which the others struggle with so we have a wide variety of choices for our squad composition. It works really well!

C-53

Inkster Jr.
This was a fun thing to think about. Good post. I could not bring myself to care about any splatanas, though. I tried.
  • L-3 D
  • Big Swig Express
  • Vanilla Bamboo
  • Luna Neo
  • Vanilla Inkbrush
  • Vanilla Blob
  • Vanilla Heavy
  • Blue Dapples
  • Vunder
  • No splatana
  • Vanilla Tristringer

Last edited: