If you could only play one weapon from each class which ones would you pick?

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
I thought of a fun hypothetical question
Basically you can only pick one weapon from each class and then you are stuck playing those weapons forever (also you can't play the other kit only the kit you picked)
For example my list would look like

.52 gal deco
Splat roller
Custom Eliter
CRB
Painbrush
Slosher
Chydra
Light tetra dualies
Tenta sorella brella
Splatana stamper
Wellstring V

I am curious to see your guys lists especially if the weapons have similer playstyles or not

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
would usually elaborate a bunch but not feeling it right now tbh

- Vanilla Splash-o-Matic, most Shooters haven't really felt fun to me lately but I love Burst Bombs for it and Crab Tank is great too obviously
- Vanilla Dynamo Roller, love the big AoE and playing around the even bigger downtime it has
- New Squiffer, I'm cheeks with this weapon but doing stuff with it is so fun

- Vanilla Explosher, love the idea, difficulty, and how unique it feels compared to other backlines, let alone weapons in the game
- Vanilla Ballpoint Splatling, not huge on the kit but it's undeniably strong and I love the flexibility against everything except Chargers. Would have been Mini but its kits kinda suck tbh
- Custom Range Blaster, literally have never played this weapon but I've played a lot of vanilla and am dead certain I'd prefer it to that kit
- Vanilla Inkbrush, if only it didn't hurt my hands to play it...

- Vanilla Splat Dualies, although I might prefer Dapples if they had a good kit or Custom Dousers if I had ever tried them
- Sorella Brella, playstyle naturally suits me and Inkjet is insane for it

- Vanilla REEF-LUX 450, kit's the closest to anything I like from a Stringer and I love playing around fighting both with one-shotting people and not one-shotting people
- Vanilla Splatana Stamper, could be practically any of them but this one has the biggest learning curve and is the strongest

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
H-3 Nozzlenose
I would beg and scrape to exchange my roller pick for something else. Foil Flingza Roller
Bamboozler 14 mk II
Dread Wringer
Zink Mini Splatling
Douser Dualies FF (Yes, the vanilla ones.)
Sorella Brella
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco
I'm honestly not even going to pick a brush, I neither respect nor care about any of them.
Wellstring V
Splatana Stamper Nouveau

If allowed to trade in my brush and roller:
Tri-Stringer
Slosher

I will not be taking any questions.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Fun concept!
  • Zap '85
  • Foil Flingza
  • Bamboo Mk II
  • Slosher deco
  • Hedit Nouveau
  • Rapid Deco... mannn losing S-Blast '91 sucks, but I still want an inkjet weapon, I love that special
  • vOctobrush... I guess? I literally never play brushes
  • vTent. Really hard to pick this one. I don't care about undercover, and sorella brella is super cool but the more I play it the worse the main weapon feels. So unless they buff splat brella, it's between both tents and, unironically, recycled 2. Recycled's still a bit new, so I don't want to make too much of a gamble, but it actually has potential to surpass tent as my favourite brella which is insaaaaane. So between both tents, I think I'll go with the vanilla one. It's way less self-efficient but it's really unique as this weird ultra aggro support. Plus, it's basically the only weapon that works with vac, so I'm picking that one.
  • vDualies
  • vStamper
  • vWellstring, though reeflux with a real kit would totally surpass it.

Sights

Inkling
NNID
Mr.L9000
- N-ZAP '85
Just like playing Cooler with it

- Krak-On Roller
Dunno this was the first roller I played a lot so I have a soft spot for it

- Snipewriter 5B (the RED Pen)

The overshadowed cousin. I don't play chargers much anymore right now, so the only reason I pick Red Pen is because I made an eyesore of a fit, and with its abilities, it's kind of fun

- Slosher
I like every slosher so this was tough, but vSlosher edges out by just a little bit.

- Heavy Splatling
Simply feels the best to play. If Mini didn't have Ultra Stamp I'd probably pick that instead though...

- Custom Dualie Squelchers
What happens when you play and watch too much Turf War/Zones...

- Sorella Brella
Nice kit, nice canopy design, sign me up

- Rapid Deco
Didn't care for it much (played mostly Range and a bit of vBlaster) until the Inkjet Only Challenge happened. Made a loadout for that and loved it ever since. Don't mind having two Inkjet picks either

- Inkbrush
I pick the one that will let me be the most annoying. :)

- Reeflux Deco
I think I only prefer Reeflux in PVP, Stringer still solid though

- Splatana Stamper
King of an already fun class.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
REALLY?!?!? well im glad somebody is loving recycled
Hard to believe I know :oops:. I have to write a sequel to my recycled 1 fan fiction, I need to apologize to the poor thing lmao.

I think this weapon might be mad underrated, even squeezer and 52 have to respect it in my experience. I just think the first kit is like, an anti weapon kit, it actually impedes you more than anything. Dart makes this weapon feel way more ink hungry than it actually is, it accomplishes nothing 95% of the time, and bubbler kills your momentum, which is the number one strength of this weapon. What does this weapon even do with bubbler, poke with darts??? I think the second kit is a MASSIVE upgrade (AM I RIGHT, OLIY?)

Hokuto

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
Shooter: N-ZAP '85 (I'd pick '89 if that didn't leave me with only one Cooler weapon)
Roller: either Carbon Deco or Dynamo, the two opposite extremes
Charger: either Bamboozler II or Custom E-Liter, the two opposite extremes
Slosher: Tri-Slosher Nouveau (because why would I not pick the weapon I main? Sincere apologies to the rest of the class except for Bloblobber)
Splatling: Nautilus 79
Dualies: Splat (hard to improve on excellence)
Brella: Sorella
Blaster: Custom Range, not even a question
Brush: Orderbrush (I'm completely OK never playing a brush in Splatoon 3 PvP again)
Stringer: Inkline Tri-Stringer (can you tell I think Chumps are funny yet?)
Splatana: if I didn't hate the Wipers' kits, I'd pick one of them, but Stamper Nouveau it is
Hotel: Trivago

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
I though this would be harder but one quick glance at each class gave me an immediate answer lol.
  • Forge Pro. I'm a Pro girlie, I want her to succeed so bad, so I'll do my service and use her even though she's kind of languishing in mid territory forever.
  • v. Dynamo. She gaslights me into thinking sprinkler is a good sub weapon, and she's so big and strong. It's fun to rain hell on everyone with her giant swings.
  • New Squiffer. It has zipcaster, which is pretty fun, and I like jumpin.
  • Tri Nouveau. She kills so fast and she has soda for days, both the friendly and the lethal kind!
  • v. Mini. It's fairly fast, and it has the funny water balloon...er, ink balloon. I don't really mind the stamp.
  • Custom Dousers. I haven't actually touched them, but I just finished getting 4 stars on v. Dousers, so I'll finally be free from the accursed mine, even if wail works pretty well on them.
  • Sorella Brella. I suppose it'll do
  • S-Blast '91. She's so versatile, having two firing modes. On top of that, she has bomb sub weapon and giant bomb special? You go, girl!
  • v. Inkbrush. He's a rat, and I love him for it.
  • Inkline Tri-Stringer. I've only played this, like, a few times, but Stringers are pretty fun. Man I am bad with them though.
  • Mint Decavitator. He's such a menace dashing in and setting up his bubbles everywhere. And his OHKO is just s o d a m n s a t i s f y i n g.
why does squeezer strafe faster than max run pro.

isaac4

Inkling Commander
  • Shooters: cJet for gear freedom and I also just don't care enough about shooters to want to spend my energy playing N-Zap '85 again. I used to play cJet because it was simple and had all the benefits of being a shooter while still being able to play from behind so that'd be the same reason I'd pick it.
  • Rollers: I have no problem with Dynamo being my only Cooler option. The main weapon is extremely fun and it plays around terrain and ledges like a slosher so I definitely enjoy that.
  • Chargers: Bamboo Mk 2 was really fun for the few matches that I've played with it in this season. The most fun I've had with any charger actually, even though I've played a lot more of Z+F Charger when I was back in S Rank.
  • Sloshers: You already know.
  • Splatlings: Probably Nautilus 47, I really like the chargehold mechanic and I don't care for TSD on the 79 kit.
  • Dualies: Custom Dousers is the obvious choice for me. I don't mind only having one dodge roll and a Tri-Strike weapon that actually plays at a range that works for the special while also having burst? Easily my favorite Dualie kit.
  • Brellas: Sounds insane but I'd go for Undercover Sorella. I don't feel spending time into learning Tent or regular Brella but I've played a bit of Undercover whenever I felt like it, usually for Turf. It's very simple but I think I'm mainly choosing it because the Sorella kit has Torp.
  • Blasters: This was tough because I don't really know if I enjoy CRB or S-Blast '91 more but I'm going with S-Blast. The main weapon and kit both play very differently from Machine, which usually competes with RB as the midline aoe weapon so I want some variety. The kit is also just better and I love Booyah more than Kraken.
  • Brushes: I have to go for Octobrush, it was my first main and it's still probably the brush I enjoy the most. I would specifically want to use the Orderbrush skin though.
  • Stringers: I don't think I've played a single match with it but I have to go for Wellstring V. From what I do remember trying out, the main weapon looks insanely fun, I just wish it had a better kit.
  • Splatanas: Splatana Stamper has Burst and Zip, there's no other sword kit that would be as fun for me than that.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
would usually elaborate a bunch but not feeling it right now tbh

- Vanilla Splash-o-Matic, most Shooters haven't really felt fun to me lately but I love Burst Bombs for it and Crab Tank is great too obviously
- Vanilla Dynamo Roller, love the big AoE and playing around the even bigger downtime it has
- New Squiffer, I'm cheeks with this weapon but doing stuff with it is so fun

- Vanilla Explosher, love the idea, difficulty, and how unique it feels compared to other backlines, let alone weapons in the game
- Vanilla Ballpoint Splatling, not huge on the kit but it's undeniably strong and I love the flexibility against everything except Chargers. Would have been Mini but its kits kinda suck tbh
- Custom Range Blaster, literally have never played this weapon but I've played a lot of vanilla and am dead certain I'd prefer it to that kit
- Vanilla Inkbrush, if only it didn't hurt my hands to play it...

- Vanilla Splat Dualies, although I might prefer Dapples if they had a good kit or Custom Dousers if I had ever tried them
- Sorella Brella, playstyle naturally suits me and Inkjet is insane for it

- Vanilla REEF-LUX 450, kit's the closest to anything I like from a Stringer and I love playing around fighting both with one-shotting people and not one-shotting people
- Vanilla Splatana Stamper, could be practically any of them but this one has the biggest learning curve and is the strongest
hilarious to me how 8 out of 11 of these are kits that were in the game at launch. the game did you well in the beginning

anyway personally:
  • shooter: i guess .96 gal deco, but i honestly don't really like playing shooters in this game
  • roller: vroller i guess? i've played carbon deco a lot more but i think i'd like this if i bothered getting good at it
  • charger: vanilla snipewriter. don't tell my future comp teammates but i do like playing this weapon a lot actually, it's one i want to get good at
  • slosher: to be entirely honest, custom explo. it's dumb fun and explo is a very satisfying main weapon
  • splatling: the category that's hardest for me to pick for, but i think i have to go with vanilla edit. vedit is probably my #1 best weapon right now, though i'd be very sad to say goodbye forever to the credit and vballpoint
  • blaster: rapid deco, i like inkjet, and despite really liking kraken, i haven't really gotten enough of a feel for crb to think i'd be satisfied only playing that
  • brush: new painbrush, i haven't touched it in ages but i do like the kit and the main weapon. there really aren't enough brushes in the game though
  • dualie: custom dousers babyyyyyyy no question about it
  • brella: i've been really wanting to learn sorella tent lately, i'd go with that despite not being good at it in the slightest at the moment
  • stringer: inkline tri-stringer honestly. i cannot get a hold on wellstring so i think i'll just stick with the pretty reliable tri-stringer kit instead
  • splatana: charcoal easily, i've got 4-star on stamper but charcoal is everything i've wanted in a splatana

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
  • Shooter: .52 Gal Deco! I've actually played this one a fair bit (Not too too much, not even 4 stars worth, but more than my average weapon played), and I think I'd have a lot of fun with it in the long term. I hate Splash Wall so I'd not want to play the vanilla kit, and I actually really like how Screen plays, so I'm perfectly happy with the Curling/Screen combo!
  • Roller: Carbon Roller Deco. I'm a fan of quick kill up close weapons, and I'm terrible with Zipcaster. I'm not much better with Trizooka, but I'm at least better. Carbon Roller Deco honestly seems like a weapon I should be playing a lot more, it seems right up my alley, it's just that I personally don't like Rollers as a whole much.
  • Charger: Custom E-liter. Only thing stopping me from ever playing Chargers is the fact I have bad aim and exclusively stick controls, but MAN do I wish I could. As much as short range is my thing, I have a great appreciation for long range, and I'm also quite a fan of Beakons and Kraken, so I'd get fun out of those too! In an ideal world this would be the vanilla Dapples kit too...
  • Slosher: Tri-slosher Nouveau. Best possible kit for a weapon I greatly love and will never shut up about ever. I have a Tri-slosher Nouveau charm on my backpack I love it so much
  • Splatling: Heavy Splatling. Already play a decent amount of this, I rank Tricolor stages based on how much I enjoy playing Heavy Splatling on them. Which is funny given that I have over 100 wins on Hydra Splatling, a weapon I entirely forget about how much I played it for a few months. I just can't do that slow a weapon!
  • Blaster: Custom Range Blaster. Terrible aim once again is the reason I can't play Blasters much at all, but during the Blaster only challenge I found the most fun and success with Range Blaster, and now it has a special I actually want to use, rather than just as a quick ink tank refill like Wavebreaker!
  • Brush: Inkbrush. Short range quick kill ect ect. Also I like Killer Wail
  • Dualie: Enperry Splat Dualies. "But Catalyst don't you have Dapples Nouveau 5 starred?" Yes. My answer is Enperries.
  • Brella: Undercover Sorella Brella. Torpedo is easily my favorite sub weapon, I really like it a lot! Undercover is a bit more iffy in terms of how I like it, but honestly I just don't love Brellas as a whole.
  • Splatana: Mint Decavitator in a heartbeat. I'm trying to learn it and failing miserably but don't worry about it and it's SO fun!
  • Stringer: Tri-Stringer. It's a good time, that and I don't like Reef-lux and I struggle both with and against Wellstring, so really it's the only option

neonscreenlight

Pro Squid
-vsplash. i was considering ttek but i want a burst bomb so
-carbon deco. got three stars on it and on theroad to four, i quite like it
-new squiffer. haha funni zipcaster
-tri nouveau. i like it
-mini splatling. always wanted to try this weapon but never got the time
-rapid blaster. i haven't really played blasters much so i don't really know what i'd choose here
-octobrush. haha funni zipcasteer
-you'd think i'd say tetra dualies here? WRONG vdualies. i've grown to love these little guys
-sorella brella. inkjet
-stamper. burst bomb AND haha funni zipcaster
-reef-lux. i'd get good with this weapon guys i swear

D

Deleted member

Alrighty, here I go now! I won't give any explanations, so you don't have to deal with me rambling. I could go on forever, so I'll save you the trouble of reading all that.
( ´ ∀ ` )ノ

Sploosh-o-matic** (My favorite ever... Sorry, guys lmao.)
Splat Roller* (used to be a main; got replaced with the Painbrush)
Order Charger Replica* (E-liter 4K is amazing, though. I love using that. It's just, I love Marie so much that I use this now!)
Clash Blaster
Painbrush**
Bloblobber**
Heavy Edit Splatling
Dark Tetra Dualies* (used to be a main)
Undercover Brella
Splatana Wiper Deco*
Wellstring V**

** = main
* = regularly used for fun, but not main

My ultimate main is the Sploosh-o-matic, but I use the other mains listed here almost as much. I like to use different ones for different modes usually. It's more fun for me that way, because I like variety.

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
- 52 gal (i played this like twice and its a funny noob stomper)
- dynamo
- zf scope (i play liter too but zf is 1000x more fun)
- bucket
- vheavy (i play all the splatlings except mini and i would be sad if i couldnt play them but vheavy is my definitive main so i have to go with her </3 )
- vds (i dont play vds it looks really hard but id like to learn it someday)
- stent (same as vds)
- crb (same as vds and stent)
- octobrush?? i guess??
- inkline (i like both bow kits but if im forced to play only one i want the one that can paint)
- stamper nouveau (same as vds and stent and crb </3)

Mili

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
- idk maybe one of the 52s or Splash, don't have a shooter I use too often
- CRB
- Foil flingza
- Inkbrush (My beloved...)
- Z&F scope (I think at this point I like scope more than non scope, funny)
- Machine (My beloved...)
- Edit Nouveau (Both edits are so good in general though)
- custom douser (Maybe I like splat dualies better but I want to try douser a lot...)
- Sorella tent
- Wellstring V (I actually have 4 stars on the vanilla variant of both stringers so I want to 4 star this one too)
- hnggg we just got Decavitator man, it's going to be Stamper though...

Maybe this is a half baked list but I really like most weapons here, In general I actually do use most of the weapons mentioned here quite a bit, I love using many different weapons...

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
  1. Shooters: vSploosh (my first love)
  2. Rollers: vSplat Roller
  3. Chargers: New Squiffer (the coolest charger)
  4. Sloshers: Tri-Slosher Nouveau (the only slosher I can play well)
  5. Splatlings: vMini (the splatling I have 4-star freshness on)
  6. Dualies: CDS (I don’t play a lotta dualies, but I 3-starred CDS a little while ago)
  7. Brellas: vUndercover (my favorite brella, the one w/out screen)
  8. Blasters: Luna Neo (the only blaster I can play well)
  9. Brushes: Octobrush (either one tbh)
  10. Stringers: vWellstring (the coolest stringer)
  11. Splatanas: vWiper (the coolest sword, also the only one I can play well)

shirpless

Inkling
I think it'll be good to have a blank list of weapon class for an easier copy-pasting 😅

Well here are my choices…
  1. Shooters: Orange NZap because I think it's fun. Chump just needs a little buff.
  2. Rollers: Big Swig Express. Fast swings, big paint, great for painting the whole stage alone in recon. It's like PowerWash Simulator but in reverse.
  3. Chargers: Probably Bamboo Mk II.
  4. Sloshers: While vSlosh is pretty meta & can be fun, I dread aiming with vSlosher more than with Dread. I love Dread. vDread for me.
  5. Splatlings: While I like Heavy, Kraken cheese is no more and Wellstring yeets Wave easy. So vHeddit it is for me.
  6. Dualies: nDapples. It got harder & harder to use it as I rank up, but Dapples are still my babies.
  7. Brellas: Uuuuuuh……… vUndercover. As they are, I'm indifferent about brellas. :( Brellas need justice. >:(
  8. Blasters: vBlaster. Hard choice, I love cBlaster too. But I love how useful vBlaster's kit & synergy is for TC.
  9. Brushes: Uuuuuh nOctobrush. I couldn't stand Painbrush's slow windup for sure. And speed-mashing is a pain with Inkbrush.
  10. Stringers: cWellstring, no doubt. Crazy shredding power, and I choose custom just cuz it doesn't have hammer. I hate it, it should have a better kittttt 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲 My babyyyyyy
  11. Splatanas: While I like Stamper better as a main weapon, I can't stand the kits it has. So Wiper deco is the next best thing for me.

QuagSass

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I would play Splatlings for every class. I would just replace all the weapons with Splatlings. The "Splat" in "Splatoon" is short for Splatlings :)

But in all seriousess, this was fun to think about. I love thinking.

Shooters: Squeezer. Hurts my hands, but it's very fun

Rollers: Dynamo Roller. Big chunky :)

Chargers: Z+F. I really like having Splash Wall on it. Lets you go more aggro.

Sloshers: Explosher. Honestly not sure which kit I like more, but I'm putting vanilla here simply because I've played it more. I love Explosher <3

Splatlings: Hydra Splatling, my love, my beloved <3 I would replace all the weapons in the world with just you if I could. Also the reason for vanilla and not Custom, despite it having the more synergistic kit, is because I play in a no-Screen team </3 That and I do have a soft spot for the Autobombs.

Blasters: Range Blaster. I'll be real, I don't really play blasters at all. I'm just putting vanilla Range here because I liked it in the Blasters-only challenge.

Brushes: Octobrush, my dear. My first love. Your kit is perfect and you're radiant <3

Dualies: Dapple Dualies. I love being a rat. And I love beakons. This is by far my weakest class tho, so rip.

Brellas: Sorella Tenta Brella. I love me a good ol' heavyweight. Big meaty sound effects, the power behind the one-shot, the massive shield. Now that's a big boy weapon after my heart. Not really feeling the InkVac on the vanilla kit, so Sorella it is.

Stringers: Inkline Tri-Stringer. This was a tough choice between the kits, they're both very fun. Giving Inkline the slightest of edges just because the kit cover's the main's weakness of relatively low paint output.

Splatanas: Splatana Stamper Nouveau. I don't think I've touched any Splatana in this game at all, besides Wiper when the game first released. Literally no clue which one I'd actually enjoy. Picking Stamper Nouveau purely because the kit is interesting and I've been meaning to try it out for ages now. But I'm actually too insane about Splatlings to do that, rip.

Ha, kinda looks like these got more wordy as I went along :D

Grekly

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
(Shooters) 52 gal: it’s the shooter I feel the most confident with, the kit is pretty good and the main weapon is fun

(Rollers) splat roller: I can spend hours gushing about this weapon but to keep it short it’s my main

(Chargers) new squiffer: let me tell you something if you ever see me with any charger expect the worse the only reason I went with squiffer is because how hype it is to hit a shot with zip.

(Sloshers) v-Tri: I actually have better matches with this one than I do with n-Tri also I want at least one inkjet weapon to play so it’s this one

(Splatlings) heavy splatling deco: out of all the splatlings I always was fond of this one out of all of them It was tough trying to figure out which splatting I should go with but I decided deco because while kraken takes away your main gun it can at least has more use cases than wave

(Dualies) napples: a while ago I said I didn’t have a 3rd favorite weapon turns out I did it was right in front of me this whole time and been with me since 2. Dapples, the main weapon is so fun and the monster it can become in the right players hand. I went with blue dapples mostly because the vanilla kit has like no range where as napples at least has torp

(Brellas) Bambrella MK ll: the shield is incredibly weak but those shots feels oh so satisfying and splashdown actually works pretty well with it.

(Blasters) S-blast 91: even though I don’t main any blaster the weapon class is pretty fun and S-blast is a pretty hard weapon but also the firing modes allows me to try to finish off someone with long range or go all in with short range also burst + Booyah

(Brushes) Painbrush: I can also spend a long time gushing about this weapon like splat roller but it be too long

(Stringers) Tri-stringer: I played it a lot at the beginning of 3 eventually I dropped it but I still do pretty good with the weapon all things considered.

(Splatanas) mint decav: just like chargers if you see me on this weapon expect the worse but I gotten some results with mint so I go with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom