• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'll draw your female squids! (no longer accepting new submissions!)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
New request submissions are closed! Thanks for your enthusiasm everyone, I'll now do my best to wrap up all the requests. Please be patient~

Hey boys and girls and everything inbetween,

I'm in a request-taking experimental mood! I have nothing on my plate now, and i really would love to keep drawing adorable squids till the end of time.

"Elec, does this mean free draws? Wow you're so awesome!"
No to both, you might have to read a bit ahead to see what's up:

1. Female inklings only!
    Female inklings are the best and i love their designs over the male one. If you give me a male one, I'll rectify this flaw by turning him female.
  2. What about female octolings?
    Those are fine too.
  3. Artstyles may vary!
    My artstyle shifts constantly. I'm in an experimental mood so I'm looking for practice more than anything... Buut if you want me to draw in my default artstyle that's good too.
  4. I'm looking for particular poses:
    I'm not looking for simple frontal full-body shots, I'm looking for poses from the waist or hips up, or people sitting or squatting or laying down or even just a face. It's good practice!
  5. Custom gear is very welcome!
    By this i mean gear that doesn't exist in-game, like new shoes or shirts or hats. I'm particularly interested in drawing pajamas or other sleepwear, sounds like fun!
  6. Is there anything else?
    While I'm open for just about everything, this site still has rules which means that there's limitations to what i can draw for you. Basically anything i cannot post here safely will not be accepted. Bruises/cuts/abrasions or bikinis are fine, just nothing beyond that please.
  7. How long will it take?
    I'll take my time on these things. I have both work to contend with and my own free time, so if the queue is getting pretty big you'll have to be patient for a bit.
  8. Are these rules negotiable?
    Yes! There's also the other option of commissioning me, but that'll cost you money.
Really, all it takes is for you to post some details on your squid or octopus, their personality and the pose you'd like and there's a chance it'll get immortalized forever on a digital .png in glorious 4k resolution.

And that's about it, really!

QUEUE LIST:
  • Jon(done!)
  • Ansible(done!)
  • Dessgeega(done!)
  • Slushious(done!)
  • Skittle(done!)
  • Yin(done!)
  • my own drawing!(done!)
  • An Skeleton(done!)
  • Cecily(done!)
  • Mantle Ferox(done!)
  • Mar$el(done!)
  • Hero of Lime(done!)
  • ZawIt(done!)
  • Zak98(cancelled)
  • DDatomica94(cancelled)
  • ocfos(cancelled)
  • Snivygames(cancelled)
  • InklingJoe(cancelled)

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
You've seen some of my in-game inklings before, right?

How about: an amatuerish but determined attempt at the bun/updo style by herself, either of the last two brown skin tones from the character select palette, any eye color, free reign on everything else.

Any more details needed?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Now edited with a queue list!
You've seen some of my in-game inklings before, right?

How about: an amatuerish but determined attempt at the bun/updo style by herself, either of the last two brown skin tones from the character select palette, any eye color, free reign on everything else.

Any more details needed?
I'd like to have some refs, in particular the skin tone would be nice. Clothes would be helpful too, but if you want me to make that stuff up that'll be fine with me!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Didn't have any particular clothes in mind, which is why I was lazy and offered you free reign. =p But if you really need clothing ideas to work with, say the word and I'll figure something out.

As for skin tones, I whipped up a lil reference comparison with the three rightmost shades I often use. Unfortunately I find, as with many character creator systems in games, the brown skintones are often flat and dull as a dropped brink. Maybe you can give it some life? ♥

Let me know if you need anything else.

skin tone compare v1.jpg

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Oof. I've never reallly done skin tones before so this will be a challenge. When I said amateur I meant real big amateur. I will try my best. What sort of skin tone do you want?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Oof. I've never reallly done skin tones before so this will be a challenge. When I said amateur I meant real big amateur. I will try my best. What sort of skin tone do you want?
lol, not to worry. Skintones aren't an easy thing for me either.

The pic I requested from you can still be done in black & white if you don't think you're ready to fully dive into color yet. Otherwise you can use the same skintone from the Custom Goo Tuber template I gave you.

Windstar

Pro Squid
Is there anything wrong with males? I would totally ask to draw my male Inkling, but whatever you want. You do it your way!

*flips table*

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
lol, not to worry. Skintones aren't an easy thing for me either.

The pic I requested from you can still be done in black & white if you don't think you're ready to fully dive into color yet. Otherwise you can use the same skintone from the Custom Goo Tuber template I gave you.
O crap I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread sorry

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
How about my inkling?
inklingA.png

You know me by this point, so maybe something involving sitting cross-legged, which is how I usually play, and take it from there. I might have a new forum icon soon, haha.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The first request is done!

Is there anything wrong with males? I would totally ask to draw my male Inkling, but whatever you want. You do it your way!

*flips table*
Yes, i'm a proud supporter of the Woomyarchy, and i will have no dude inklings on my turf. If you want one drawn maybe try it at Yin's topic?

@Ansible That's cool, i got some ideas already. I'll think I'll be able to draw it up!

@Dessgeega consider it done!

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Yes, i'm a proud supporter of the Woomyarchy, and i will have no dude inklings on my turf. If you want one drawn maybe try it at Yin's topic?
Uh ok yeah sure send them my way.
*nervous laugh*
I sure am going to not see the sun for a while...

Ansible

Community Ambassador
cb5.gif

aaAAAAHH look at her she's adorkable and I love her thank you @Elecmaw how can I repay you!!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Ahh, sorry for the delays everyone! I just got heard that i'm getting booted off my workplace which put me in a low mood for the past few days. But fret not, i'm almost finished with Dess's request!

Can I please get on the queue?
Sure thing! Do you want just the green inkling amiibo drawn? Any specific poses/moods in mind or should i have control over that?

Skittle

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3026-6718-6213
Yup just the green inkling amiibo, I love it so much and I feel like I use it enough that people I know identify it with me :)
As for the pose, have fun with it, I'm a inkling with a heart of gold, keep that in mind when choosing the pose.
Also thanks so much, I think what your doing is so cool, keep up great work, can't wait to see it :D

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Here's Dess' request? Or is it pronounced Dess's? Either way, please enjoy his precious squib celebrating a sweet victory! (don't mind the stock background)

Yup just the green inkling amiibo, I love it so much and I feel like I use it enough that people I know identify it with me :)
As for the pose, have fun with it, I'm a inkling with a heart of gold, keep that in mind when choosing the pose.
Also thanks so much, I think what your doing is so cool, keep up great work, can't wait to see it :D
Consider it done!

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Well after looking at the art you put on, I would like to throw in a request too!

https://ibb.co/eJbSjn
That's the inkling.

The pose would be something like where the inkling would be laying
upside down facing the "camera" smiling and holding up a hand in a wave.

Need any there info, ask me.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Squids? But this is clearly an octopus!
Nonetheless, @Slushious 's request is here!

Well after looking at the art you put on, I would like to throw in a request too!

https://ibb.co/eJbSjn
That's the inkling.

The pose would be something like where the inkling would be laying
upside down facing the "camera" smiling and holding up a hand in a wave.

Need any there info, ask me.
Alrighty, I've added it to the queue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom