• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm sick of ________

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Yeah, the Splat Charger, E-Litre and relatives (10 weapons in all) can reduce their necessary charging time very significantly (by up to 25% or so, I think) with some Damage Up, although they don't reach max range until they fully charge. I do agree that it's pretty much pointless to run more than four Mains' worth, as some speed or ink efficiency in the last couple of slots goes a much longer way than a couple of frames' less charge time.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
But--but my e-litre needs to be an all-in-one, all-purpose charger to act as a squiffer, bamboozler, and splat charger! Otherwise how will I compete in the higher ranks!? I can't be useful any other way! /s

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Isn't is so that they don't have to charge that much when they fire?
Yeah, the Splat Charger, E-Litre and relatives (10 weapons in all) can reduce their necessary charging time very significantly (by up to 25% or so, I think) with some Damage Up, although they don't reach max range until they fully charge. I do agree that it's pretty much pointless to run more than four Mains' worth, as some speed or ink efficiency in the last couple of slots goes a much longer way than a couple of frames' less charge time.
But--but my e-litre needs to be an all-in-one, all-purpose charger to act as a squiffer, bamboozler, and splat charger! Otherwise how will I compete in the higher ranks!? I can't be useful any other way! /s
To be honest I didn't know that was what it was, sorry 'bout that.
I don't use chargers and for I don't play ranked, so I guess it seemed kinda pointless to me.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I didn't find out for ages myself, and it's not obvious before you're told, so no problem. One other use, incidentally, is for the Burst Bombs of the E-Litre, which do benefit a lot from some Damage.

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
I'm sick of being punished for literally EVERYTHING in Turf Wars. Every move I make gets me splatted. I'm not even an aggressive player most of the time, but it just seems like I get splatted whether I'm on the offensive or defensive. My hits don't even connect to the opponents, and they don't even have Defense Up on them. How is it that I'm hitting a player 4-5 times with my Slosher and they still don't get splatted? How is it that I get stuck in MY OWN ink!? I just finished a match where I had a roller point-blank and hit them at least 4 times, but somehow I end up trading with them.

I don't even have this much of a problem when I play Ranked battles. At least there, I can see where I went wrong. But Turf Wars is a whole other story. It feels like I get splatted for everything that I do, and there isn't anything I can take away from those matches. I learn nothing after these matches. Yet, in every TW match that I play, I see people bulldoze their way through a map and get away with it.

I'm sick of Turf Wars.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
How is it that I'm hitting a player 4-5 times with my Slosher and they still don't get splatted? How is it that I get stuck in MY OWN ink!? I just finished a match where I had a roller point-blank and hit them at least 4 times, but somehow I end up trading with them.
It's probably lag either on your end or their end. It may be a bit more common in turf wars since Ranked players try to make sure they don't have lag, from what i've been told.

But Turf Wars is a whole other story. It feels like I get splatted for everything that I do, and there isn't anything I can take away from those matches. I learn nothing after these matches. Yet, in every TW match that I play, I see people bulldoze their way through a map and get away with it.
I'm really confused about your wording, though. The way you are talking makes me think that you shouldn't be splatted by anyone or like you are being punished by your team by them somehow splatting you. I don't think "being punished for everything you do" is the proper phrasing. You should probably say that you get splatted while doing things for some reason that you cannot figure out, and what not.

I suggest being aware of your team composition. You may have new players, lazy players, or partiers in comparison to the other team. Even one disconnection can ruin the entire winning match for you as well- not to mention it's a sadly common strategy for people to rush bases especially on maps that are rather linear. I try to keep an eye on my team and map, if you see an X on the base someone's disconnected and you're probably going to lose, i've rarely won matches where I was on a team with a disconnection.

So it's probably not your fault. Best not to beat yourself up over it.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm sick of nearly every Japanese e-litres and luna blasters squidbagging after every splat. It's starting to poison me with an unreasonable intolerance of Japanese players, period.

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
I'm really confused about your wording, though. The way you are talking makes me think that you shouldn't be splatted by anyone or like you are being punished by your team by them somehow splatting you. I don't think "being punished for everything you do" is the proper phrasing. You should probably say that you get splatted while doing things for some reason that you cannot figure out, and what not.

I mean that every single move that I make is wrong. I get splatted in situations where I shouldn't have been. Even when I'm not being confrontational I get splatted. So that's why I say that I get punished for every move I make. Like I said, I get stuck in my own ink, and it leads me to die. Players get away from my hitting them multiple times and I die from a single hit from them. I get behind cover when I'm being shot at, and somehow I still get hit.

So yeah, it pretty much feels like punishment when you've been playng for a while.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I mean that every single move that I make is wrong. I get splatted in situations where I shouldn't have been. Even when I'm not being confrontational I get splatted. So that's why I say that I get punished for every move I make. Like I said, I get stuck in my own ink, and it leads me to die. Players get away from my hitting them multiple times and I die from a single hit from them. I get behind cover when I'm being shot at, and somehow I still get hit.

So yeah, it pretty much feels like punishment when you've been playng for a while.
As I said before that, sounds like lag.
Can't really be helped for the most part.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
This might seem childish, but, I'm sick of losing.

I'm not a super-good S+ level 50 splooner. I'm only level 40 rank A-. I continuously feel that I'm pushed up against people that are way too good for me. I'm very good at Splatoon, but still, I hate being matched against exceptionally good players like this. Which I am constantly. I almost always lose.

No idea why I still play this game :p

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
This might seem childish, but, I'm sick of losing.

I'm not a super-good S+ level 50 splooner. I'm only level 40 rank A-. I continuously feel that I'm pushed up against people that are way too good for me. I'm very good at Splatoon, but still, I hate being matched against exceptionally good players like this. Which I am constantly. I almost always lose.

No idea why I still play this game :p

At least you're losing because you're pitted against very skilled players, and not because you have ****ty teammates who don't have any map awareness. I swear, I lose all my matches because my teammates don't know which points on the map have priority, and can't keep their bases covered. :-(

Matt Amaya

Inkling
NNID
SINCHMAN
i know how u feel they can be a pain in your neck most of the time but are fun to use

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
At least you're losing because you're pitted against very skilled players, and not because you have ****ty teammates who don't have any map awareness. I swear, I lose all my matches because my teammates don't know which points on the map have priority, and can't keep their bases covered. :-(
That might be some of it too TwT

Almost OK

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThinkAboutIt27

This so sounds like my experience. I'm almost always matched against only Japanese players, and when I am, every one of my weapons requires an additional hit to splat someone (like, my .96 gal becomes a three-hit splat and my tentatek like five and six (what's up with the hit detection, by the way?), while their weapons (like even their splatlings) will splat me instantly (splashomatics become like inkzookas). They can juke around in my ink and rush me head on, even after I've landed multiple shots on them and covered the ground around them in my ink, but I wouldn't dream of winning a head-on battle or retreating without getting stuck in their ink and being splatted. They consistently teleport around in small jerky movements and become ninja squids in squid form and can kill me even when shooting in another direction. My bullets go right through where they'd be if they weren't teleporting constantly.. I'm lucky if I can get a positive splat/death ratio. But, none of this happens when I'm matched against other N. American players; I can play aggressive and win head-to-head battles, I can watch where my opponents are moving and predict their paths, I can dodge their bullets and adjust my positioning accordingly, I can take a few hits and still retreat or pop my kraken without getting splatted. I've done everything I know to do to reduce lag and increase my gaming efficiency on my end, but I'm pretty sure it's just the latency/lag between here and Japan. That's why I came here to Squidboards--hopefully I can find some American players to battle with from now on -- the game is broken once you reach A+ if you only ever get matched against Japanese players, I'm thinking. Friend me if you're looking for someone to play with.

Last edited:

HySquid

Full Squid
NNID
mob362
Ooo..

I'm sick of how underrated the (Default) Splattershot is.

I'm sick of E-LITERS

I'm sick of Carbon Rollers

I'm sick of Inklings that always hide.

I am SICK of Japanese Players.

I am sick of lag.

I am sick of having to play an unbalanced/imbalanced/unfair match ALL THE TIME.

I am sick of losing connection and then losing my rank.

I am sick of suprise Inkzookas.

I am sick of dieing at least 5 times.

I am sick of that one Inkling who goes straight for you for while getting shot the heck out of.

I'm sick of getting STOMPED on by the enemy team.

I'm SICK of Squid-Baggers.

And I am SICK of NOT having regional gameplay, ALWAYS losing, ALWAYS ending up in a team that has MORE THAN TWO of the same type of weapon (besides a shooter), ALWAYS getting completely destroyed by the other team and I. AM. SICK. OF the fact that NONE of this was RESOLVED ALREADY!!

Also, THIS.

I'm sick of being punished for literally EVERYTHING in Turf Wars. Every move I make gets me splatted. I'm not even an aggressive player most of the time, but it just seems like I get splatted whether I'm on the offensive or defensive. My hits don't even connect to the opponents, and they don't even have Defense Up on them. How is it that I'm hitting a player 4-5 times with my Slosher and they still don't get splatted? How is it that I get stuck in MY OWN ink!? I just finished a match where I had a roller point-blank and hit them at least 4 times, but somehow I end up trading with them.

I don't even have this much of a problem when I play Ranked battles. At least there, I can see where I went wrong. But Turf Wars is a whole other story. It feels like I get splatted for everything that I do, and there isn't anything I can take away from those matches. I learn nothing after these matches. Yet, in every TW match that I play, I see people bulldoze their way through a map and get away with it.

I'm sick of Turf Wars.

*cough* I'm a Salted Squid. *cough*

If so, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I'm sick of...

people who use Splathax or save scumming to spam a singular ability. It's not impressive and it makes them look bad in my opinion. (No offense to anyone here who does it.)

people who blame their teammates for ranking down or losing streaks in turf wars. While sometimes you may end up getting paired with a questionable teammate, that's not going to happen every single battle and you can always leave the lobby if that does happen. I really wish these people would realize that if they're having consecutive lose streaks that it's something they're doing wrong, not something the rest of their team is doing wrong.

squidbaggers. This one is pretty self-explanatory. It makes the player look bad and there's really no need for it in battle.

people who complain about the Japanese players being gods compared to everyone else playing this game when that's nowhere near being true. Where did people even first get the idea that Japanese players are better than the rest of us? From what I know, Splatoon is far more popular in Japan than it is everywhere else. But that doesn't mean people in other parts of the world who are fans can't be just as dedicated to Splatoon as Japanese players are.

EDIT: Another thing I'm sick of is seeing low ranked people asking for "help" from S or S+ players to rank up in squads. They're going to end up in a rank they're not ready for yet and rank other players down who actually deserve to be in that rank. These people need to realize that while the ranked system can be a pain, they will eventually rank up when they're ready.

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I'm sick of...

people who use Splathax or save scumming to spam a singular ability. It's not impressive and it makes them look bad in my opinion. (No offense to anyone here who does it.)

people who blame their teammates for ranking down or losing streaks in turf wars. While sometimes you may end up getting paired with a questionable teammate, that's not going to happen every single battle and you can always leave the lobby if that does happen. I really wish these people would realize that if they're having consecutive lose streaks that it's something they're doing wrong, not something the rest of their team is doing wrong.

squidbaggers. This one is pretty self-explanatory. It makes the player look bad and there's really no need for it in battle.

people who complain about the Japanese players being gods compared to everyone else playing this game when that's nowhere near being true. Where did people even first get the idea that Japanese players are better than the rest of us? From what I know, Splatoon is far more popular in Japan than it is everywhere else. But that doesn't mean people in other parts of the world who are fans can't be just as dedicated to Splatoon as Japanese players are.
I agree with the squid baggers, like that's just stupid. I played some matches against my clan mate, and everytime she killed me, she squid bagged me.
Let's just say I got triggered, and ended up splatting her 10 times for every one of her splats, let's just say she regretted it.

Splathax, is eh, people who use it to literally get a gear set like: :head_eye005::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:, :clothes_jkt003::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:, :shoes_cfs001::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:, are pretty dumb. Damage up stacking isn't too great because you're literally devoting your entire set to one ability, so you're strong at one thing only, and lacking at other things.
inb4 someone says "Damage up stacking like that makes the E-Liter OP!11!!11!1!" The nerf to uncharged shots makes this way less OP than it used to.

The Japanese players I agree 100%, they just have a heavier focus on splatoon than the Western community really ever did. Therefore, more skilled players are likely to play for Japan. Doesn't mean there aren't Japanese n00bs.

Something that actually annoys me from the game is the Gear re-rolling system. Completely random, you could literally spend millions before you get what you want, so I don't really blame splathax people.

Another community driven issue is all the scrubs that think: Splatfest is dead= Splatoon is dead. I get triggered everytime by that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom