I'm sick of ________

zzrrdd

Inkling
NNID
zzrrdd1308
i hate it whenever I win, the teams change, and I have to normally carry my team, but when I lose I am always on the losing team, Nintendo needs to make better team pairing. Lost 2 ranks to this, now B-
NNID:will54321
Level 31
Hey @theepicfailgamer ! I agree that sucks :( we're the same rank and level, so do you mind if I add you?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I find that beacons are a way to stay in control of the entire team. It's almost as if you're setting up strategies and positioning for your team. They are visible on the map however, which makes them quite vulnerable.
I wish they worked that way for me. Sadly they don't. Though I actually don't WANT people using most of my beacons since I need them. It's POSSIBLE my teams are wise enough to know that they shouldn't use the CEliter's beacons set near perches. I know that's not the case, but I'd like to pretend they can think. :p

Oh yeah, that's right, you get people who don't ink much. Whenever I use Beakons, regardless of which weapon I use, I'll usually be the only one using them. This is probably because I place my Beakons primarily near the middle, hidden in a corner or in an area difficult to access by opponents. Due to that, more often than not, any Beakons I haven't used myself will still be standing there when the match ends, assuming we win. If the opponents are overcoming us, my Beakons will all be gone because opponents get rid of them.
The trouble with Team Deathmatch allies is they will SJ to whichever ally is deepest into enemy territory and closest to enemy spawn. Every time. Unless we're spawncamped. Then they'll flail around like fish out of water and never jump to me if I break out. :rolleyes:

I've noticed that anytime I'm running a set with beacons, they need to be placed very frequently, because the team will absolutely use them if they're there. And the opposing team will absolutely destroy them if they're spotted. In optimal spots, you'll usually want to place more than one if you need to rely on that location. You'll have to be careful about placing them right next to your camp spot, because the GamePad isn't always precise enough with Super Jumps and someone may accidentally jump to your beacon instead of you.

As for what I'm sick of...there are honestly a few things lol, but to keep it fairly brief, I'm SO sick of Hammerhead Bridge in general. That stage needs to die a slow painful death. I'm sick of blasters and chargers in ranked. And I'm sick of the trek from S to S+ being such an insane grind. And LAG KILLS. Jesus, lag kills. We don't need sudden random teleports as a hidden ability, coolthanks. -_- / rant
I do have some times that will, and like you said, I've started placing 2 in one location one in another, so they can use one and I have time to reset it. And there's a secondary reason to NOT place them too close to spawn AND not place them too close to each other. Enemies WILL target beacons with inkstrikes. They will spend their inkstrike on the beacon early and often. if the beacons are close to me, I get pushed from the perch. If the beacons are close to each other I lose both of them. So I've had to identify ways of spacing them to keep them safe from an inkstrike targeted at one of them (or at me.)

You're the second person I've seen that hates Hammerhead. Somehow I find that one of the more enjoyable maps. CEliter, CHydra, DS, Aero all seem to play well there. If I were a blaster main I'd probably hate it though. And yes....lag.... :mad:

I'm sick of losing when I'm the only person on my team who gets a positive K/D

And I wish I could be a little better at Splatoon so I could carry my teammates a little more often
I'm ok with losing TW when I'm the only one on my team that gets a positive k/d - at least I did well. Less ok with it in ranked. But what I hate is when I do horribly, have a negative K/D, blame myself for blowing the match, only to discover that I actually had the BEST K/D on the team, and in may cases was the only one or one of two who had a non-zero k at all.

I'm sick of the rainmaker's tornado making an "I hit something" noise even when it hasn't bloody hit anything!

Just me and one guy, no one and nothing else around. Boom, I fire the rainmaker. It makes a noise indicating the tornado just hit the person. Great! I can move on now-- BOOM splatted by other guy. What the hell did the tornado even hit? This happens all the time even without any splash walls or beakons or anything. It's frustrating and really screws with my rainmaker progression. I can't even trust it anymore when it actually DOES hit someone.

It's worse than when you snipe someone and they kraken immediately after the "ping!" indicating you splatted them. Well, okay, maybe not, but it's definitely a top contender for that. Blech.
So many times I snipe someone, THEN hear the "bling" that they kraken/bubblere'd my hit was ignored, then they killed me. Numerious times I snipe someone, here the "ping!" - and then there's no kill indicator.

Peaches

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
huntingforfrogs
I'm sick of luna blasters...They are the bane of my existence, their blast radius is insane and soooo hard to get out of once they hit you once!! Are there any guides out there for beating luna blasters?? ;^;

ThepicfailGamer

Inkster Jr.
another thing i hate is that nintendo gets Splatoon as a GOTY (Game of The Year) kind of reviews, and stops making both weapons and maps, and i haven't seen a splatfest since PAST V FUTURE

ThepicfailGamer

Inkster Jr.
at least to my knowledge. Nintendo, you stop giving out maps and weapons at a great game? Bad move... but really, new weapons and maps please, preferably a new type so I stop seeing deco, neo, gold, nouveau, etc. versions of weapons. Isn't really suggesting "New Weapons" to me.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm sick of luna blasters...They are the bane of my existence, their blast radius is insane and soooo hard to get out of once they hit you once!! Are there any guides out there for beating luna blasters?? ;^;
I don't usually have trouble with blasters, except range blasters, or when I'm on TC, since they hit around walls. If you really hate them, try using a squelcher to fight.

Peaches

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
huntingforfrogs
I don't usually have trouble with blasters, except range blasters, or when I'm on TC, since they hit around walls. If you really hate them, try using a squelcher to fight.
I don't get on with squelchers, especially the jet ones, my aim with them is appalling...I'll just have to try finding my own way around them.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
I wish they worked that way for me. Sadly they don't. Though I actually don't WANT people using most of my beacons since I need them. It's POSSIBLE my teams are wise enough to know that they shouldn't use the CEliter's beacons set near perches. I know that's not the case, but I'd like to pretend they can think. :p

The trouble with Team Deathmatch allies is they will SJ to whichever ally is deepest into enemy territory and closest to enemy spawn. Every time. Unless we're spawncamped. Then they'll flail around like fish out of water and never jump to me if I break out. :rolleyes:

I do have some times that will, and like you said, I've started placing 2 in one location one in another, so they can use one and I have time to reset it. And there's a secondary reason to NOT place them too close to spawn AND not place them too close to each other. Enemies WILL target beacons with inkstrikes. They will spend their inkstrike on the beacon early and often. if the beacons are close to me, I get pushed from the perch. If the beacons are close to each other I lose both of them. So I've had to identify ways of spacing them to keep them safe from an inkstrike targeted at one of them (or at me.)

You're the second person I've seen that hates Hammerhead. Somehow I find that one of the more enjoyable maps. CEliter, CHydra, DS, Aero all seem to play well there. If I were a blaster main I'd probably hate it though. And yes....lag.... :mad:

I'm ok with losing TW when I'm the only one on my team that gets a positive k/d - at least I did well. Less ok with it in ranked. But what I hate is when I do horribly, have a negative K/D, blame myself for blowing the match, only to discover that I actually had the BEST K/D on the team, and in may cases was the only one or one of two who had a non-zero k at all.

So many times I snipe someone, THEN hear the "bling" that they kraken/bubblere'd my hit was ignored, then they killed me. Numerious times I snipe someone, here the "ping!" - and then there's no kill indicator.
Hammerhead actually seemed to be the most common answer in the "Least favorite stage/mode combo" thread on here lol, so I'm under the impression it's a widely disliked stage, but I could be wrong. It just has so many weird corridors, walls, obstacles and random un-inkable areas, it feels really awkward for this type of game. But the opinions on a lot of stages seem to be somewhat split; I've seen people complain about Kelp Dome & Urchin Underpass, both stages I love. :)

And yeah, as for the beacons, I don't understand people who place them really close to spawn, similarly to the people who place sprinklers on spawn (which I actually see a lot)...I'm just like....why...? X_x It's interesting that you're mentioning Inkstrikes being an issue for your beacons, because I main a few weapons with Inkstrike and I'd really never waste it purely on a beacon or two. That feels counterproductive when you could be pressuring the enemy team, shielding yours or freeing the Rainmaker. A key exception is if there's a large scatter of them in a key area that needs clearing, and/or my team already has a huge advantage and I have more options to strike. I try to just place them consistently throughout the match, though in faster paced confrontations it can be easy to overlook. ^^;

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Just incase someone needs to jump to the spawn :p
You can jump back to spawn just by tapping it. No need for a beacon. Sprinklers on the other hand are a little more useful. It's a quick way to rack up some points early on to charge up your special.

As for what I'm sick of? I'm sick of dynamo rollers outranging almost every midrange weapon and it hitting when I'm way up high or behind cover. There's literally no reason for a roller to be able to outrange and OHKO somebody. Either outrange OR OHKO, but why on earth do they have to do both?

Award

Everyone complains about the lunas... :(

They're kind of annoying at times, I'll agree, but the main way to get around them is simply outrange them or flank them. What weapons do you use? If you use an inkbrush or octobrush vanilla, possibly a trislosher, you're gonna' have a bad time. Pretty much every other weapon has a way around them. The only one of my main weapons they give me a hard time with is carbon roller...getting into melee range is impossible, and flank routes are not always possible. But I've found more than half the time, luna's are so bent on getting that second shot, like .96 gals they stay fixed to their slow rate of fire. Meaning they're one of the easiest targets to hit with my burst bombs. So when I see a luna with carbon, I don't bother approaching with the roller, I just attack with the bombs. If I don't kill them, I at least spook them so they're out of my face and one of my ranged allies can clean them up.

another thing i hate is that nintendo gets Splatoon as a GOTY (Game of The Year) kind of reviews, and stops making both weapons and maps, and i haven't seen a splatfest since PAST V FUTURE
I'm annoyed at the lack of Splatfest news as well. But as for new content, they announced at the koshein/Squid Sister's concert that they might not be done with new content after all and to please be patient. We have a thread around here where we're guesing what that content might be. We're guessing Squid Sisters Amiibo with some content at a minimum, but maybe some more. So it's not done yet!

I don't get on with squelchers, especially the jet ones, my aim with them is appalling...I'll just have to try finding my own way around them.
Jet squelchers don't agree with me either....DS is easier to manage somehow. Even an nzap can outrange lunas though. I THINK a splattershot can as well, but I'm not certain. splash-o-matic definitely can not.

Hammerhead actually seemed to be the most common answer in the "Least favorite stage/mode combo" thread on here lol, so I'm under the impression it's a widely disliked stage, but I could be wrong. It just has so many weird corridors, walls, obstacles and random un-inkable areas, it feels really awkward for this type of game. But the opinions on a lot of stages seem to be somewhat split; I've seen people complain about Kelp Dome & Urchin Underpass, both stages I love. :)

And yeah, as for the beacons, I don't understand people who place them really close to spawn, similarly to the people who place sprinklers on spawn (which I actually see a lot)...I'm just like....why...? X_x It's interesting that you're mentioning Inkstrikes being an issue for your beacons, because I main a few weapons with Inkstrike and I'd really never waste it purely on a beacon or two. That feels counterproductive when you could be pressuring the enemy team, shielding yours or freeing the Rainmaker. A key exception is if there's a large scatter of them in a key area that needs clearing, and/or my team already has a huge advantage and I have more options to strike. I try to just place them consistently throughout the match, though in faster paced confrontations it can be easy to overlook. ^^;
Kelp: I used to hate it, but I've learned to kind of like it.
Underpass: Loathe, loathe, loathe! Not as bad as Mackerel, but for an eliter, it's torture. I sit around useless half the match just inking through the windows! :) For carbon roller there's a million little things to get stuck on and nowhere to move freely. Underpass is just such a shooter-fest, and I rarely ever use shooters!
Hammerhead: Yeah I keep hearing people hate that one and I just don't see the hate. I'd say it's weapon based but one of the haters is also an eliter main - and it's one of my favorite maps for Custom Eliter. That said, I haven't faced it in RM yet (I only just yesterday got back into ranked after a hiatus, and used to avoid RM which I no longer intend to do.) I've had a lot of success with it in SZ & TC though. I guess I'm an evasive player. I always use cover to my advantage, and like maps that offer a lot of options for cover, flanking, and escaping which Hammerhead provides. Though you'd think I'd like Mackerel and I absolutely hate it. The gridded pattern gives campers a massive advantage, and it's hard to evade in there, and it's another "shooter-fest" map. It plays better with a squelcher than a more tactical weapon.

Beacons: The people who place them near spawn are either A: Newbies that don't know you can jump to spawn without one and think they're being helpful and B: People who switch weapons a lot and often forget their sub at the moment so they throw one fast at spawn. The only map I intentionally do so on is Triggerfish in TW with CEliter on the little platform in front of the gates directly in front of spawn. When I seen an incoming flank attempt, the extra few seconds it buys versus jumping to spawn and jumping up the log fence can be invaluable to jump in, charge up, and clear the gates.

Sprinklers, in TW, sometimes I'll actually drop one on spawn for a few seconds until I get to my next drop with CHydra simply because people often don't ink around the spawn unless their noobs, and I've lost soooo many rounds by 0.1% in TW that I make sure to take the free turf when I can :p But only if the match is close.

Personally on the (very) rare occasion I have an inkstrike weapon, I probably wouldn't waste it on beacons, though there are times when there is a beacon in an advantageous position that's hard to get to. IMO I'd rather see teammates inkstriking beacons than ignoring them like they usually do when they're on my team :p BUT I presume, if you know your enemy has a Custom Eliter, and you know your enemy's Custom Eliter is setting up beacons near perches, then you might be taking out the nearby sniper directly along with the beacon, or at least distract the enemy sniper to go deploy another. If the sniper's posing a problem, that's probably not a bad plan. There probably are better uses for inkstrikes, but distracting a problematic sniper probably isn't the worst use. It's at least better than the ones that dump an inkstrike on the enemy spawn. :rolleyes:

You can jump back to spawn just by tapping it. No need for a beacon. Sprinklers on the other hand are a little more useful. It's a quick way to rack up some points early on to charge up your special.

As for what I'm sick of? I'm sick of dynamo rollers outranging almost every midrange weapon and it hitting when I'm way up high or behind cover. There's literally no reason for a roller to be able to outrange and OHKO somebody. Either outrange OR OHKO, but why on earth do they have to do both?
Agreed on the dynamos! I don't even mind the range & ohko at dead center. But why do they have a 45 degree arc and 20 foot radius of ohko destruction while I have to carefully line up every eliter shot and predict where the lag REALLY put the enemy I see?

Last edited:

Peaches

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
huntingforfrogs
Everyone complains about the lunas... :(

They're kind of annoying at times, I'll agree, but the main way to get around them is simply outrange them or flank them. What weapons do you use? If you use an inkbrush or octobrush vanilla, possibly a trislosher, you're gonna' have a bad time. Pretty much every other weapon has a way around them. The only one of my main weapons they give me a hard time with is carbon roller...getting into melee range is impossible, and flank routes are not always possible. But I've found more than half the time, luna's are so bent on getting that second shot, like .96 gals they stay fixed to their slow rate of fire. Meaning they're one of the easiest targets to hit with my burst bombs. So when I see a luna with carbon, I don't bother approaching with the roller, I just attack with the bombs. If I don't kill them, I at least spook them so they're out of my face and one of my ranged allies can clean them up.

Jet squelchers don't agree with me either....DS is easier to manage somehow. Even an nzap can outrange lunas though. I THINK a splattershot can as well, but I'm not certain. splash-o-matic definitely can not.
I use mainly carbon roller, splattershot, splatterscope and sometimes a slosher. I think my main problem is that they usually catch me off guard with their weird range(shooting around corners etc...) and then all they have to do is get another indirect hit on me and boom I'm back to spawn again! I always try to swim away before they can but they always manage to get me...But yeah I agree with the burst bombs, I'm usually flinging them around everywhere if I can't get close due to my awful range with the carbon roller and it's just plain fun to do with the splattershot, especially if you know they're hiding around a corner and you can't reach them normally. Burst bombs are bae.

Award

I use mainly carbon roller, splattershot, splatterscope and sometimes a slosher. I think my main problem is that they usually catch me off guard with their weird range(shooting around corners etc...) and then all they have to do is get another indirect hit on me and boom I'm back to spawn again! I always try to swim away before they can but they always manage to get me...But yeah I agree with the burst bombs, I'm usually flinging them around everywhere if I can't get close due to my awful range with the carbon roller and it's just plain fun to do with the splattershot, especially if you know they're hiding around a corner and you can't reach them normally. Burst bombs are bae.
Yep, with carbon burst bombs are the easy way to get a luna. Most of them (the ones who aren't really skilled users....luna's "cheap" when used by unskilled players. When used by players who can really max their abilities, they stop being cheap and start being simply dangerous and not because they're broken) But the "cheap" lunas will always overestimate their range and burst bombs from carbon, especially with some bomb range up, makes them all too easy to take out. They tend not to move nearly as much as shooters. And they should be a piece of cake with the splatter scope! Unless they catch you off guard on your perch...that does happen. I take note once it does and it does not happen again (that round.) :p

ThepicfailGamer

Inkster Jr.
Finally, Nintendo got another Splatfest, some Pokemon one, didn't look too hard, but I'll do that tomorrow

Award

I'm sick of Superman Tentateks.
I'm tired of tentateks and .96 gals being considered "OP" while I manage to suck at both (ok, I'm not HORRIBLE with TTK, but not very good either.)

I'm sick of bubbled bunny hopping hyperactive Jr.s to no end though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom