I'm sick of ________

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I'm sick of squid partiers. I just want a good even turf war, but they show up and don't do anything except squid around.
I plead guilty!!!

Actually, I usually only squid party in the final few seconds of a match when I'm confident that the win is secure.... even though sometimes that costs us the match! Haha

However when I first started on my alt.. I spent a solid portion of my time in C rank trolling through entire matches. Like in Splat Zones just squid party through the first half of the match then go into destruction mode when the opponents were sure they were gonna get an easy knockout.

It was mean. I deserve to burn

chrisbg99

Inkster Jr.
NNID
chrisbg99
The only thing I tire of is a lack of effort. You should be looking to splat your foes and take their turf. Drive them before you and hear the lamentations of the jellyfish. Win or lose, I wanna see your best effort.

Also people who throw squid beacons close to the spawn point. What is the point?

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Also people who throw squid beacons close to the spawn point. What is the point?
I think a lot of the time people accidentally do it. I swap weapons quite a bit and at the start of the match with my Tentatek I'll just drop suction bombs, so when I swap to my Krak On Roller I accidentally leave beakons around.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Hahahaha play me in Zones at Museum and you will loathe me with a hatred unseen in all of squid history

and who says its "Aerosprays in sniper perches" and not "snipers in aerospray perches"???? :p
LOL, don't tell me you're a GenieShot Jr. *AND* one of those gold aerosprays spraying the zone from the perch to boot? :mad:

The problem with the gold aerosprays on the perches isn't that they're on the other team causing me to lose. It's that they're on MY team causing me to lose! :D If you're going to take the best turfing weapon in the game, that's all but useless for splatting ANYONE in the ranked meta, in a mode that scores you on painting an area of turf - at least try to be somewhere you can REACH the turf you need to paint! :confused: It's like taking dynamo and guarding spawn :p

FWIW I love the aerospray, I'm quite deadly with it in TW, too. I've tried to take it into ranked in claustrophobic maps that my heavy hitting weapons don't fare well like Ancho-V zones. It seems so perfect, but I couldn't get it to work. I'd love to find a way to make it work though!

I plead guilty!!!

Actually, I usually only squid party in the final few seconds of a match when I'm confident that the win is secure.... even though sometimes that costs us the match! Haha

However when I first started on my alt.. I spent a solid portion of my time in C rank trolling through entire matches. Like in Splat Zones just squid party through the first half of the match then go into destruction mode when the opponents were sure they were gonna get an easy knockout.

It was mean. I deserve to burn

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Have you found any kind of pattern to when this happens?
Well if there's one thing I noticed... all the matches I lose are when Splat Zones is in.
Feels like the mode is working against me. Our team has to ink every single pixel to say ''We're in control!'' and the other team has to ink only half of it for them to say ''They're in control!''
Bonus points because I essentially have potatoes as teammates on Splat Zones.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
LOL, don't tell me you're a GenieShot Jr. *AND* one of those gold aerosprays spraying the zone from the perch to boot? :mad:

The problem with the gold aerosprays on the perches isn't that they're on the other team causing me to lose. It's that they're on MY team causing me to lose! :D If you're going to take the best turfing weapon in the game, that's all but useless for splatting ANYONE in the ranked meta, in a mode that scores you on painting an area of turf - at least try to be somewhere you can REACH the turf you need to paint! :confused: It's like taking dynamo and guarding spawn :p

FWIW I love the aerospray, I'm quite deadly with it in TW, too. I've tried to take it into ranked in claustrophobic maps that my heavy hitting weapons don't fare well like Ancho-V zones. It seems so perfect, but I couldn't get it to work. I'd love to find a way to make it work though!
I think I make a good contribution to my team with my ink spam. No, really! On the stages where I use it, I can always reach the zone from wherever I perch and claim the zone within seconds! (So for example since you mentioned it, Ancho-V, I will ride that fan platform to no end). This puts enormous pressure on the team and makes me the primary target. It kinda takes them out of stealth mode and into rush-down mode to get to me and take me out, because whenever I'm alive, my team has the zone. So its easy for my team mates to route the opponents that way. Combine that with my strategically placed ink mines and 2 mains, 3 subs of special charge up for non-stop ink strike spam. You're dealing with some real ****.

On Ancho-V, reach me from where I stand, but if I get the jump on them early on, literally, raise the fan, jump and pick them off their perch in mid-air, it really gets on their nerves. And its hard to get flanked on that platform too. They try to surprise you by swimming up the raised platform and killing you with their range advantage, but wait!!! Ink mine the edge of the platform so even if it doesnt splat them, it wrecks their ambush. I also like to swim over to the opponents fan platform and plant mines over there if I get the chance, or the far right flanking path with the grated ledge. Ancho-V is one of my favorite Aerospray stages, and its so satisfying to troll with because no one anticipates any major threat from the Aerospray.

Of course, I'll always find opponents who know exactly what I'm up to with the Aerospray and seem to block my every move, so I guess this is all reliant upon the assumption that opponents aren't really prepared to deal with them since they're such a rare choice in higher ranks.

Meeposer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Meeposer
I'm sick of going on that 1 losing streak when you go down a WHOLE LETTER RANK!!!
A->B
D:

Award

I think I make a good contribution to my team with my ink spam. No, really! On the stages where I use it, I can always reach the zone from wherever I perch and claim the zone within seconds! (So for example since you mentioned it, Ancho-V, I will ride that fan platform to no end). This puts enormous pressure on the team and makes me the primary target. It kinda takes them out of stealth mode and into rush-down mode to get to me and take me out, because whenever I'm alive, my team has the zone. So its easy for my team mates to route the opponents that way. Combine that with my strategically placed ink mines and 2 mains, 3 subs of special charge up for non-stop ink strike spam. You're dealing with some real ****.

On Ancho-V, reach me from where I stand, but if I get the jump on them early on, literally, raise the fan, jump and pick them off their perch in mid-air, it really gets on their nerves. And its hard to get flanked on that platform too. They try to surprise you by swimming up the raised platform and killing you with their range advantage, but wait!!! Ink mine the edge of the platform so even if it doesnt splat them, it wrecks their ambush. I also like to swim over to the opponents fan platform and plant mines over there if I get the chance, or the far right flanking path with the grated ledge. Ancho-V is one of my favorite Aerospray stages, and its so satisfying to troll with because no one anticipates any major threat from the Aerospray.

Of course, I'll always find opponents who know exactly what I'm up to with the Aerospray and seem to block my every move, so I guess this is all reliant upon the assumption that opponents aren't really prepared to deal with them since they're such a rare choice in higher ranks.
Interesting, that's the stage I kind of envisioned using the RG on, gave it a try, failed miserably a few times and went back to failing miserably with other weapons instead (seriously I hate Ancho-V in every mode but TW....I never have much success there with my weapons. Sniping would work except some JERK KEEPS USING THE PROPELLER LIFT! :p)

I find it's all too easy to get killed by pretty much ANY ranged weapon when standing on the propeller lift. Between the sloshers and dynamos on the ground flooding the platform for me, the endless bomb wave coming up it. I'd love to be able to pull it off, I miss aerospray in ranked, but so far I haven't been able to do what you do....

Not to mention that the aero itself AND inkmines are both incredibly rare and rarely used well in ranks....so that alone is pretty amazing :)

I'm sick of going on that 1 losing streak when you go down a WHOLE LETTER RANK!!!
A->B
D:
Would that be the Sunday, Wednesday, or Friday drop? I've lost track. :mad:;)

Meeposer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Meeposer
That moment when you get to 3 in rainmaker then die. You're like ughhh but at least we'll win. They get the rainmaker while the rest of your team is on the other side of the map thinking "Hey! Where is everybody?" While you get dogpiled by 3 B minuses and a rainmaker. D:< I FRICKING DROPPED DOWN TO B-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLZ I NEED A SQUAD DONT DROP ME TO C PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Losing streak=20+
(I'm actually in A but this losing streak is caused by ranked players thinking that it is turf war)
please... i just need a competent squad...

Meeposer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Meeposer
I SWEAR OVERTIME SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE OPPOSING TEAM ALWAYS GETS PAST THE POINT JUST WHEN WE THINK WE'RE GOING TO WIN! I'M NEVER PLAYING RANKED AGAIN!!!! I'VE GONE DOWN ALMOST 2 WHOLE LETTER RANKS BECAUSE OF MY STUPID TEAM! WHAT IS WINNING?!? I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE!
although if one of you would be willing to put me into their squad i would be much obliged... :3 I'm actually an A ranker so help the cause of taking people out of random bad teams and into awesome squads!

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I SWEAR OVERTIME SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE OPPOSING TEAM ALWAYS GETS PAST THE POINT JUST WHEN WE THINK WE'RE GOING TO WIN! I'M NEVER PLAYING RANKED AGAIN!!!! I'VE GONE DOWN ALMOST 2 WHOLE LETTER RANKS BECAUSE OF MY STUPID TEAM! WHAT IS WINNING?!? I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE!
although if one of you would be willing to put me into their squad i would be much obliged... :3 I'm actually an A ranker so help the cause of taking people out of random bad teams and into awesome squads!
It seems a bit difficult to believe that two letter ranks worth of losses are 0% your fault. I'm not saying that its 100% your fault, as terrible teams ARE abundant, but it seems like you aren't taking any accountability for any of the losses.

What do your teammates always do to cause such losses? If they aren't complementing your playstyle, try to complement theirs? Ah well, this is the I'm sick of _____ thread, so any complaint is a valid complaint here. :D just trying to throw out suggestions.

In any case, I think most people on here agree that rank is not so indicative of skill, so even if you were a C rank, you're sure to find good players who want to squad with you.

Interesting, that's the stage I kind of envisioned using the RG on, gave it a try, failed miserably a few times and went back to failing miserably with other weapons instead (seriously I hate Ancho-V in every mode but TW....I never have much success there with my weapons. Sniping would work except some JERK KEEPS USING THE PROPELLER LIFT! :p)

I find it's all too easy to get killed by pretty much ANY ranged weapon when standing on the propeller lift. Between the sloshers and dynamos on the ground flooding the platform for me, the endless bomb wave coming up it. I'd love to be able to pull it off, I miss aerospray in ranked, but so far I haven't been able to do what you do....

Not to mention that the aero itself AND inkmines are both incredibly rare and rarely used well in ranks....so that alone is pretty amazing :)
I feel you. Sometimes the opponent's team comp is such that I really can't do anything. Aero RG is NOT a versatile weapon, as we all know, it is a bit of a one trick pony so I have to be really creative to make it work effectively. But creativity only goes so far against hyperaggressive octoshots, bomb rushing luna neos and spazzy ninja carbon rollers xD But it is OH SO satisfying to take down "top tier" weapons with it.

Last edited:

Award

It seems a bit difficult to believe that two letter ranks worth of losses are 0% your fault. I'm not saying that its 100% your fault, as terrible teams ARE abundant, but it seems like you aren't taking any accountability for any of the losses.
I dunno, the C's can be so awful that I can imagine a competent player that's not good enough to carry the whole team could get massively bogged down by players that suck so badly they don't really know the maps, modes, objectives, etc. Considering any C rank game consists of players that quite possibly have never seen that map/mode before and may or may not even know how to use their weapon yet..... someone who might be a genuine B- or even a genuine B could probably have a seriously hard time. Those of us in the "A/A+/S nightmare loop" can easily forget that since we can easily carry teams there the same way the really high tier competitive S+'s can easily forget how rough the A/A+/S nightmare loop is if you can't solo carry your team as they could :D

But then no harm in trying to get good enough to carry them...especially in the C's where there's tons of headroom to move up!

I feel you. Sometimes the opponent's team comp is such that I really can't do anything. Aero RG is NOT a versatile weapon, as we all know, it is a bit of a one trick pony so I have to be really creative to make it work effectively. But creativity only goes so far against hyperaggressive octoshots, bomb rushing luna neos and spazzy ninja carbon rollers xD But it is OH SO satisfying to take down "top tier" weapons with it.
LOL I'll bet! I'm soooo tired of bombrushes....that's what I'm sick of! :D But it's the octoshots that just rail against me endlessly (oh joy, there's going to be ANOTHER splattershot in April! :mad::p )

I had a fun match yesterday against a team of FOUR wallgals. 3 52's and a 96deco. It was a relentless blur of constant unending walls, followed by a relentless torrent of wails punctuated by a repeating kraken. I don't care if it was ranked, I should have just squidpartied. The result would have been the same. :p

Vriska

Inkling
I'm sick of dynamo rollers and .96 gals.
Especially when said gals decide to squidbag me as if splatting me was such a difficult endeavour.
I need to git gud.

Award

I am quite sick of the people intent on playing turf war in ranked matches.

Current rank: B 60
In the B's your teammates play TW in ranked. In the A's your teammates play Team Deathmatch and you have zero mobility in the map because nobody inked anything. The S's get a better balance of these two. Sometimes. Eventually. Right?

I've taken to playing TW in RM myself, simply because nobody else will :rolleyes:

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I'm sick of people waiting at super jump points. I can understand doing it a few times, I've done it myself. But when you go out of your way to wait at them (as one .96 Gal Deco just did with me, repeatedly) you're not really helping out your teammates. And Krakens waiting there really annoy me-You have near-invincibility and you're just going to jump someone?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I'm sick of people waiting at super jump points. I can understand doing it a few times, I've done it myself. But when you go out of your way to wait at them (as one .96 Gal Deco just did with me, repeatedly) you're not really helping out your teammates. And Krakens waiting there really annoy me-You have near-invincibility and you're just going to jump someone?
I think its cool. Super jumping carries that risk. I'm a pretty extreme minority of S players who runs Stealth Jump because I know just about any opponent in the vicinity of a super jumper will take the opportunity to pick them off before they become a threat. It's a sound tactic... but yeah, I can see your frustration if someone continuously does it throughout the entire match.

As for the kraken, yeah, there is often better things to do with your special than jump around in place for 5 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom