I'm sick of ________

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The consequences of a risky super jump near a brawl are just something you may have to learn to cope with. Especially if you're not using stealth squid (practical), already in kraken form (oh the lulz), or how trick shot an inkzooka (one day I'll learn). Hmm, can the super jump work while in a bubble?

If I kraken near a landing ring I'll ink most of the surrounding area while I wait for you (it's not like you'll have anywhere to run once you land). If I have a killer wail and feeling cheeky, I'll drop the megaphone right next to your landing ring or tilt it skywards at you. I'm trying to find out if I can splat an inkling before they touch down. >:3

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Oh, I totally agree that it's fair to take out someone after super jumping if you can, the risk is probably the whole reason for the icon in the first place. (and heaven knows I need the lesson to not be so headstrong in battles, I've superjumped multiple times when I should have known to try a different route) My problem's just when someone seems to go out of their way to find them while shirking other ways to benefit their team. (And a good deal of that was probably some salt from said match that has since washed out)
Especially if you're not using stealth squid (practical), already in kraken form (oh the lulz), or how trick shot an inkzooka (one day I'll learn). Hmm, can the super jump work while in a bubble?

If I kraken near a landing ring I'll ink most of the surrounding area while I wait for you (it's not like you'll have anywhere to run once you land). If I have a killer wail and feeling cheeky, I'll drop the megaphone right next to your landing ring or tilt it skywards at you. I'm trying to find out if I can splat an inkling before they touch down. >:3
I didn't realize how often specials could come into play with Super Jumps, that's really interesting! I'm surprised (but relieved) I don't see more Krakens doing so, that'd be a bit of a nightmare. I wouldn't be as mad at your tactics if I did end up superjumping into them, though, you're definitely making more use of them that way.

Meeposer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Meeposer
That moment when you are all alone in splat zones when your 2 dynamos main mode of transport is by rolling so by the time they come, your team has already have lost...

:(

Current Rank: B+ 13

Last edited:

Meeposer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Meeposer
I have a problem w/ Splatoon... Whenever I drop down, I can't seem to find good teams which drops me down even more. LIKE WHAT KIND OF CARBON ROLLER COVERS YOUR WHOLE AREA PERFECTLY FIRST AND THEN SUDDENLY FINDS THE OBJECTIVE?!?!?! THAT PERSON FOUND IT AND THEN REPEATEDLY DIED!!! >:0

Current Rank: B 70

stitchedwithlove

Full Squid
NNID
stitchedwithlove
I'm sick of those who don't help out their fellow teammates. I mean, what's the point of being in a team?!

I just had a match where I was splatting someone, then someone else appeared out of nowhere and splatted me. Meanwhile, my teammate was hiding close by in the ink just watching it unfold! It's really disheartening when there's a lack of teamwork. Other times someone will Kraken and I'm left to fight it off whilst my teammate swims away. I just wish there was more comradery. :(

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Funny how the first thread I actually write a post in is a negative one.

Saying "I'm sick of ___" is a tad too much for my taste, but I don't particularly like...
  • When I "splat" (charger's "click" before the "bling") an inkling only to see that they got their shield/kraken up "in time". The lag is real, my friends. xD
  • When I get splatted behind walls (e.g. Walleye) when I'm nowhere near the open and there's no possible angle to be hit. Japanese E-Liters, care to explain? Should I change my weapon?
  • Suddenly Inkzooka. |'D Truth to be told, it amuses me more than it aggravates me. Usually.
  • Moray Towers. If you're unlucky and are matched against two competent E-Liters it gets real nasty.
  • Port Mackerel. It's okay for Splat Zones, but not as fun as other maps for turf.
  • I can't get myself to like Piranha Pit yet....
  • and...
  • Splash Walls. Like, come on. If a full charge is enough to bring them down, why do they take so much time to actually go down at some point? >.>
That's about it. I could always add "bad teammates" but I'd feel like a hypocrite to do so. I certainly have matches where I mess up big time, a good/bad team only helps in either direction. In other words, thanks for bearing with me so far, lol.

I just had a match where I was splatting someone, then someone else appeared out of nowhere and splatted me. Meanwhile, my teammate was hiding close by in the ink just watching it unfold! It's really disheartening when there's a lack of teamwork. Other times someone will Kraken and I'm left to fight it off whilst my teammate swims away. I just wish there was more comradery.
I hear ya. I'm actually really happy to see real teamwork once in a while, especially during ranked. To those guys who helped me get back on my feet when I was six feet in enemy ink, you da real mvps. Trying to return the favor anytime I can. n_n

Meeposer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Meeposer
How do 2 of your teammates get a KD ratio of 0/10+?
Cuurent Rank: B 68

FullMetalB1tch

Inkling
I'm sick of those who don't help out their fellow teammates. I mean, what's the point of being in a team?!

I just had a match where I was splatting someone, then someone else appeared out of nowhere and splatted me. Meanwhile, my teammate was hiding close by in the ink just watching it unfold! It's really disheartening when there's a lack of teamwork. Other times someone will Kraken and I'm left to fight it off whilst my teammate swims away. I just wish there was more comradery. :(
Yes! This! It may be overkill, but if I see my teammate getting ready to use their special (ink strike), I hang around to make sure they are covered. I also male sure to cover for anyone super jumping to me-- this just seems like something most players would do-- I no longer super jump to anyone anymore. And if I was hiding in the ink, you better believe I would have stepped up. I think you have a lot of different players on Splatoon (obviously), but I think too many players focus on their k/d ratios and less on how you did as a team. I know voice chat is a bad idea for Splatoon, but I wonder if that has anything to do with the lack of camaraderie among players.

P.S. Everyone was ranked "C" and "B" at some point, so just try to remember what it was like when you were there too.

stitchedwithlove

Full Squid
NNID
stitchedwithlove
Not really something I'm sick of as it doesn't happen too often, but I don't like when people don't follow the main objective, specifically in Ranked.

I had a match on Saltspray Rig, Splat Zones and my team were struggling to push forward and we were losing significantly. I looked at the map and saw someone covering turf at the bottom section of the map for some reason. I was then eventually splatted and I respawned where the entire spawn was covered in purple, from every nook and cranny. Eventually and by some miracle we managed to push forward and we were in the lead, the other team now struggling. I thought, "Yes, we've got this!". I looked at the map and again, this one same person was covering turf but in the top section this time - the entire section. We ended up losing. I had to leave the lobby and take a moment to figure out what the hecky decky just happened.

This was also in an S ranked lobby, so this kind of play was...unexpected. Yeah, I can see they probably wanted to create paths, but heck, nobody really goes down into that bottom area or that far into the top area. And if they wanted to charge their special, why not ink the Splat Zone itself??

TL;DR: I'm sick of people not following main objectives.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am sick of not being able to use bubbler or kraken on time to avoid a splat/suction bomb, because the bomb actually kills you before you see it exploding.

Likewise, sick of being splatted by inkzookas even though I perfectly avoided them. Inkzookas are my biggest annoyance with this game.

Also kinda sick of not being able to learn how to play the Hydra Splatling. It feels so alien to me.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I am sick of hearing "tat-tat-tat" indicating I got the three-round burst and my foe should be splatted only for them to continue walking around and splat me because lag and I actually only hit 2 out of 3.

Reactions: blu

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I am sick of not being able to use bubbler or kraken on time to avoid a splat/suction bomb, because the bomb actually kills you before you see it exploding.

Likewise, sick of being splatted by inkzookas even though I perfectly avoided them. Inkzookas are my biggest annoyance with this game.

Also kinda sick of not being able to learn how to play the Hydra Splatling. It feels so alien to me.
Is it because of the Hydra's charge time? The hit box is insane for the Inkzooka, even when taking cover.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is it because of the Hydra's charge time? The hit box is insane for the Inkzooka, even when taking cover.
Yeah. I can deal with chargers easily with the Hydra (somefin that I can't do as well with the Heavy, since it is outranged by the most popular chargers), but the "close combat" weapons like rollers, brushes and especially the close range shooters give me hell when I am playing the Heavy Splatling.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
The matchmaker hates me and I'm approaching the end of my tether. Now... I realise that there's always a greater probability that any given player in a room will oppose you than be on your team, as there are 4 enemy slots but only 3 team slots to fill, in effect. So whenever there's, for example, a monstrous Carbon Roller in the lobby, they should be a problem for you 4 times in 7. But that does not correspond to my experiences!

What tends to happen is that I'll play against them (with disastrous results) two or three times... they'll then either leave the room, best scenario, or wind up on my own team. But with the latter, they suddenly appear to lose all of their abilities and play perfectly averagely, meaning that I still only have an average chance at victory! Subsequently, they'll return to the opposition and actively cause problems for me again.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I'm sick of the constant cycle of losing streaks and winning streaks I seem to get quite often. I've lost S+ and regained it more times than necessary. I just want to break out of it and actually get purely winning streaks so I don't get stuck anymore. It's virtual hell.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Becoming sick of the wonky hit boxes (or lag) for both the Kraken and Inkzooka! Sometimes I can superjump out of the situation but explode in mid-flight while high above either one. Other times I deftly avoid them with some inkling parkour and casual walk away or take a corner. Then I explode like I've been given the Kenshiro special. x_x

What tends to happen is that I'll play against them (with disastrous results) two or three times... they'll then either leave the room, best scenario, or wind up on my own team. But with the latter, they suddenly appear to lose all of their abilities and play perfectly averagely, meaning that I still only have an average chance at victory! Subsequently, they'll return to the opposition and actively cause problems for me again.
Had many of those moments too! It's like an RPG trope. When that badass/momentarily OP character finally joins your party, and the game decides to heavily nerf them to your party's level or just a few levels above them. So annoying!

NNID
kaiswaffles
When you have a Hydra splatling, and your the only one on the tower! Glad I found a TC weapon, I usually use the Eliter family, but im tired of being targeted in rank.

NNID
kaiswaffles

Its tough, I love it though. Keep trying. My biggest tips are to stay out of sight, watch your ink tank, and DO NOT be too aggressive. That was my main issue the first week.
The hydra splatling is what im talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom