• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm terrible at Splat Zones

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Is that true? I thought they blocked sniper shots, but I remember being killed by a sniper behind a beacon a few times, so I'm actually not sure if it's just good aim or if snipers can just override the health of a beacon.
If they charge their shot up well enough, then yes. Ever seen a charger splat two people with one shot if they are standing one behind the other? It's the same deal here, only a beakon is more fragile than an Inkling, so it doesn't take much...

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I am pretty sure It can only hit one object at a time... A beacon that is in front of an inkling would be destroyed while the inkling is fine. The only thing that would cause that would be lag. I have once thrown a splat bomb at a cliff and killed two people. Here is how:

On my screen the bomb stopped JUST before falling of the edge and blew up a guy sitting there. That's one. THEN a short time later, I get a second kill from someone at the bottom of the cliff. I'm sitting there wondering wtf and then it hit me... On his screen, the bomb went over the edge and splatted him. Mind you, this has only ever happened to me a single time but I have seen MAAAANY times where me and an ally get splatted by a single shot from a charger when normally chargers can only hit one thing at a time.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
If they charge their shot up well enough, then yes. Ever seen a charger splat two people with one shot if they are standing one behind the other? It's the same deal here, only a beakon is more fragile than an Inkling, so it doesn't take much...
I'm pretty sure if two inklings die in one shot, it's because that the inkling you killed explodes with ink, and if you're opponent is damaged enough they die too.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I'm pretty sure if two inklings die in one shot, it's because that the inkling you killed explodes with ink, and if you're opponent is damaged enough they die too.
Whaaat? An inkling exploding does damage? That is the first I've heard of that. I've never seen that happen.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Whaaat? An inkling exploding does damage? That is the first I've heard of that. I've never seen that happen.
I'm not actually positive, but it would explain the double kills I get with snipers.

Either that or snipers actually do go through multiple targets. I'll actually have to test it out later.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I'm not actually positive, but it would explain the double kills I get with snipers.

Either that or snipers actually do go through multiple targets. I'll actually have to test it out later.
Woah wait hold up, I think I may know why. You know when you charge up chargers fully and shoot them horizontally, they have a straight line and then a strange little bulb at the end? Kind of like a blaster? What if, and I'm reaching here, it is actually a mini explosion aoe killing everything in a foot radius? It would explain why 2 inklings get splatted next to each other and why beacons seem to do nothing to stop shots. Because it's actually hitting everything in that immediate area with a mini explosion.

Thoughts?

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Woah wait hold up, I think I may know why. You know when you charge up chargers fully and shoot them horizontally, they have a straight line and then a strange little bulb at the end? Kind of like a blaster? What if, and I'm reaching here, it is actually a mini explosion aoe killing everything in a foot radius? It would explain why 2 inklings get splatted next to each other and why beacons seem to do nothing to stop shots. Because it's actually hitting everything in that immediate area with a mini explosion.

Thoughts?
Possibly. I just tested this because I was curious. A fully charged charger, even with max damage ups (if that somehow makes a difference) cannot shoot through two inflatables in one shot. So it definitely isn't that. I think Kay B's explanation is most likely, as I have been killed by standing too close to another splatted inkling on very rare occassions. Usually you aren't standing close enough to experience it, but I'm pretty sure it can happen. If there was an explosion at the end of the shot, snipers would be able to hit you even without actually aiming directly at you, which I don't think is the case as far as I know of?

Maybe it's because the leg or stand of the beakon gives it a relatively small hitbox towards the bottom, allowing chargers to more or less "go through it". But usually the beakon gets destroyed along with you, so my feeling is that the HP of a Beakon is so low that it isn't strong enough to stop the shot, unlike another inlking would.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Yes, when people get splatted they create an AoE explosion that will take down anyone directly next to them and harm ones further away. As for beakons, i'm not sure but does it obscure the entire hitbox of the Inkling or can you still shoot over the beakon and hit the target behind it?

As for Zones, do you use vanilla Luna or Neo? I'm not a blaster main but Neo sounds better for zones, Splat Rush can very quickly take an enemy zone while deterring enemies from getting close to you. The kit saved me a few SZ matches w/ the Splatterscope.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Yep, just tested it out with someone: Chargers most definitely can hit and kill a beakon and the person behind it in one shot if it is fully charged, with the exception of the Bamboozler of course. No lag involved.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Yep, just tested it out with someone: Chargers most definitely can hit and kill a beakon and the person behind it in one shot if it is fully charged, with the exception of the Bamboozler of course. No lag involved.
I assume the same applies with sprinklers too?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Is that true? I thought they blocked sniper shots, but I remember being killed by a sniper behind a beacon a few times, so I'm actually not sure if it's just good aim or if snipers can just override the health of a beacon.
For the same reason you can get a double kill with a charger - it keeps going through "soft" (destroyable) targets. I never thought about beacons, but it goes through multiple squids, so why not beacons!

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
For the same reason you can get a double kill with a charger - it keeps going through "soft" (destroyable) targets. I never thought about beacons, but it goes through multiple squids, so why not beacons!
Possibly. I just tested this because I was curious. A fully charged charger, even with max damage ups (if that somehow makes a difference) cannot shoot through two inflatables in one shot. So it definitely isn't that..

Kevin304

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kevin304
I thought snipers could get double kills with one shot because both inklings would be very close and on the charger reticle.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Yeah, I know it doesn't go through two inflatables but it does go through two squids. Not sure why there's that difference, but there is. Could be lag I suppose, but I get double kills often enough that I know it's not entirely coincidence. There's also salt out there that snipers are allowed to do that.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Yeah, I know it doesn't go through two inflatables but it does go through two squids. Not sure why there's that difference, but there is. Could be lag I suppose, but I get double kills often enough that I know it's not entirely coincidence. There's also salt out there that snipers are allowed to do that.
Or it could be that the inflatables aren't close enough together like two inklings would be.

Yes, when people get splatted they create an AoE explosion that will take down anyone directly next to them and harm ones further away. As for beakons, i'm not sure but does it obscure the entire hitbox of the Inkling or can you still shoot over the beakon and hit the target behind it?
Neo is better at everything really. Even Tower.
As for Zones, do you use vanilla Luna or Neo? I'm not a blaster main but Neo sounds better for zones, Splat Rush can very quickly take an enemy zone while deterring enemies from getting close to you. The kit saved me a few SZ matches w/ the Splatterscope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom