• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Shadow Hope summons a Clash Blaster, then uses its special, the Sting Ray. It then does something completely unheard of in Inkopolis when it comes to battles: it shoots a beam of black and purple circles at Coral and Kelp (Dark Pulse), then it forms a shadowy orb and fires it at them (Shadow Ball).

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp are surprised at what they see.

"How did she manage to do that?!" Coral asks.

"I don't know but we have to find a way to beat her." Kelp answers.

"Wait! I think I just got an idea!" Coral says.

"Can you tell me?" Kelp asks.

"Get your ear close." Coral requests.

Kelp gets her ear close to Coral, this is when Coral whispers a plan: Coral will distract Shadow Hope while Kelp hits Shadow Hope from behind.

"Hey, impostor!" Coral yells out to Shadow Hope, "You stink at battles!"

Kelp hides in a puddle of ink.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Shadow Hope hears Coral say that it stinks at battles. One of its eyes twitches with anger, and it fires multiple Shadow Balls in rapid succession to try and hit him. Then, it uses multiple Dark Pulses to try and hit the Octoling. It also fires a Shadow Ball at Hope, hitting her. She's still passed out, scared out of her mind. Her pendant glows a faint yellow to try and alert Coral and Kelp of her presence.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Seeing Hope getting attacked makes Coral angrier and even more determined to beat the impostor, but he manages to not show any reaction so the luring plan can work, especially after seeing the glow.

"Oh, did I struck a nerve? Well, if you want to defeat me, you will have to catch me first!" Coral says, mocking the impostor.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Shadow Hope runs after Coral, enraged at the very thought of them trying to protect what it thinks is the fake Hope. It keeps launching Shadow Balls and Dark Pulses at Coral, aiming to hit him even a little.

Cephalobro

Coral gets hit by a few, but manages to take the pain enough to not give satisfaction to Shadow Hope.

"Hah! Is that all you got, weakling?!" Coral mocks the impostor even more.

Coral then stopped by an ink puddle.

"I dare you to try to get me, I will let you as long as you stop launching those weird things." Coral says before putting his Octo Shot to the ground.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Shadow Hope is clearly ticked off, but it summons the Clash Blaster from before and fires at Coral, getting a bit of satisfaction from hitting him.

Cephalobro

Coral coughs as he kneels down in pain.

"Heh, you got me, you can capture me now." Coral says. "Come and get me."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Shadow Hope does indeed capture Coral, bringing him to where the real Hope is and throwing him against her.

Cephalobro

Before Shadow Hope takes Coral to Hope, Coral yells something.

"Now!" Coral yells as loud as he can.

Kelp comes out of the ink puddle and slams her Carbon Roller on Shadow Hope's head.

"You're not taking my boyfriend either." Kelp tells the impostor.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Shadow Hope gets hit, writhing in pain. It fires a Shadow Ball, then fires a Dark Pulse, but they both fly in completely different directions than towards Coral and Kelp. It seems that the Shadow is confused, punching itself in the face to try and snap out of confusion.

Cephalobro

Coral uses the opportunity to free Hope, he carefully disconnects the blood bag from Hope's arm while Kelp is busy keeping Shadow Hope away.

"Are you okay Hope? Say something!" Coral tries to wake Hope up.

"Hey Coral, catch this!" Kelp throws Coral's Octo Shot to him.

"Thanks!" Coral says as he catches the Octo Shot, ready to defend Hope.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope wakes up from unconsciousness, but she's very weak. "コーラ... 望むが勝った..." [Cora... Hope won...] she weakly says. She's talking about how she won by not letting her shadow take her over and replace her.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"You don't look so good, we will get you out of here as soon as possible. Can you still turn into your octopus form?" Coral asks, hoping to get Hope out of the Deep Sea Metro.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope can still turn into her octopus forme, and she does so. She's still weakened, as she can barely even manage to swim across the floor.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Alright Kelp, let's get out of here." Coral tells Kelp.

Coral leaves the Deep Sea Metro with his Octo Shot in one hand and Hope in the other, Kelp follows him outside.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope is still weak. Where are they taking her? ...what about her shadow? It was painful... so, so painful... pain... cold... darkness... she's still scared.....

Cephalobro

"Hey Coral, aren't we forgetting something?" Kelp asks.

"Oh right! We need some way to stop the impostor from octonapping her again." Coral remembers, "Whatever, we will come back and find a way to get rid of it for good."

Kelp decided to drag Shadow Hope with her instead.

"I think it's better if we figure out sooner to prevent another attack." Kelp suggests.

"You're right, bring the impostor so we can find out how to get rid of it." Coral agrees.

Once outside the Deep Sea Metro, Coral and Kelp turn into their octopus forms and superjump back to the neighborhood while holding Hope and Shadow Hope in their tentacles. Instead of landing right outside the walls, they land inside instead, specifically near a medical bay area where a hospital is planning on being built. Both Coral and Kelp turn back into their humanoid forms.

"Medical attention is needed!" Coral yells to a Twintacle Octotrooper.

"Right on it!" the Twintacle Octotrooper doctor and his Octosniper assistant show up.

"Here." Coral gives Hope to the doctor. "Take really good care of her, she has been through a lot."

Hope is carried away to where she can be tended to. While Coral and Kelp bring Shadow Hope to a glass prison, where she is kept for the time being.

"And you impostor, will not get near our friend ever again!" Kelp snidely tells Shadow Hope.

The Octohurler guard locks the glass prison with Shadow Hope inside after Coral and Kelp leave to see their friend.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Shadow Hope knocks on the glass, clearly enraged, as its red eyes glow with hatred. Meanwile... the real Hope is at the soon-to-be hospital with the Twintacle Octotrooper and the Octosniper, trying to process what happened and what else is currently happening to her. She's confused and scared, clearly needing help.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp return to Hope, still in their Agent 8 outfits since they need to be there for Hope before they can change back.

"Hey Hope, no need to be scared, these Octarians here only want to help you recover." Coral says to Hope.

"They will check if there's anything wrong with you, don't worry about your eye color, they will only be looking into the possibility of any sanitized fluid that might have entered your body." Kelp comforts Hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom