1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Discussion in 'RP Square' started by HighColorSunset, Apr 10, 2019.

1. HighColorSunset

HighColorSunset Full Squid

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    Hey everyone! So I decided to make an RP after a while of participating in them, and I thought, why not make a sillier, more lighthearted one? Sign-ups are in the character profile thread (you can be an Inkling Octoling, jellyfish, or anything else you can think of), and for discussion, fanart and all that, I will make an OoC thread. So here's pretty much the basics of what this is about:

Inkopolis was a perfectly normal city until one day- BOOM! Weird-haired people everywhere! Participating in turf wars, working shifts at Grizzco, just hangin'...they pretty much do whatever Inklings do, except they don't seem to have the slightest grasp on our culture...weird. They even have weird accents! WHAT'S GOING ON!?

(Basically, this is about the first Octolings that came to Inkopolis after their escape from Octo Valley/Canyon. Sorry for the mediocre summary...)

So here are the rules:
    -Graphic violence, overly frightening images, occult and other shady practices, and explicit sexuality are prohibited. I want everyone to feel safe here.
    -Swearing is cautioned against, although this board does already bleep out swear words sooo...
    -Rules for creating characters are in the character sheet thread. (No Mary Sues and all that, y'know.)
    -Do not disrespect things like race, religious beliefs, ideologies, physical or mental conditions (both diseases and disorders), and backgrounds.
    -You can have as many characters as you want as long as you don't have too many to write without confusion.
    -Also, both humanoid and less humanoid (such as Octarians and Salmonids) characters are allowed.
    -References to other media are allowed, even if this does take place thousands of years after many of those were invented, as long as it doesn't take away from the fact that this is a Splatoon roleplay.

#1 HighColorSunset, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Yin_ likes this.
  2. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

(Make a character sheet thread so people are going to be able to join without cluttering this one up. Also, don't forget the "tentacle people" ;))

Yin_ likes this.
  3. HighColorSunset

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    (OHH OCTARIANS! XD)

Yin_ likes this.
  4. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    (Do we have enough people to start or do we need more?)

5. HighColorSunset

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    (We're good, but more people can join in anytime!)

Yin_ likes this.
  6. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    (Alright! So...you start it off or should I just go?)

#6 Yin_, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  7. HighColorSunset

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    (Hmm. I'll start with a prologue and then the rest of you go.)

Yin_ likes this.
  8. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Alright then! Let’s get started
    ... or not?
    should i just start?
    If you have something conflicting with this RP that's fine

#8 Yin_, Apr 18, 2019 at 6:40 PM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019 at 3:49 PM
  9. Cephalopod Protagonist

(I added my character to the character sheet page? It sounds really fun! I’ve never done anything like this before so I might not be too active... hopefully though!)

#9 Cephalopod Protagonist, Apr 21, 2019 at 10:14 PM
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019 at 7:32 AM
  10. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

(Now that you joined the RP, use parenthesis when not talking as your character so that others won't get confused.)

11. Cephalopod Protagonist