• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Testfire Tournament Feedback Thread

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Maybe ask @TheRapture about it?
I don't see the need for any backroom of any kind. Users are welcome to make their own private chats to discuss whatever they with, but of course it wouldn't have any authority or any affiliation with the forums.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
The last thing I would like to state is whether or not rainmaker should be involved in future tourneys. State your opinions below please.

Thanks,
(Not Rip) RoyLee
If another IoS tourney will be hosted in the next 2-3 weeks I would rather RM be tested in its own separate tournament than within IoS because of concerns about the mode expressed by many players. Rotate SZ/TC each round instead of mode striking.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
I don't see the need for any backroom of any kind. Users are welcome to make their own private chats to discuss whatever they with, but of course it wouldn't have any authority or any affiliation with the forums.
There you have it folks. In case you didn't catch it, what Rapture is saying is that SCL is now the official unofficial backroom!

Kidding ofc :P

SupersonicWaffle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supersonicwaffle
I should preface what I'm about to say by letting you know I neither read the whole thread nor that I'm here to rub it in.

IoS is an opportunity for everyone to learn about the game in a true competitive context. The obvious problems with the staff fixing things to their liking is a huge problem that needs to stop immediately but that's been said over and over and I think you get it.

The real problem is the schedule that directly stems from the TOs' and people with the loudest voices in the community little to no experience with team shooter type games. The whole smash style map banning thing is a convoluted mess that may work in a proper timeframe with two guys next to each other but once you enter 8 people and no in-game chat into the equation this thing causes nothing but problems.
Next is the choice of double elimination which is a huge time waster, if TOs want to torture themselves with it, fine, just do your job and constantly nag people to play and DQ tons bc that's just how double elimination has to be run when there's nothing but bragging rights on the line.

I have years of experience with this as a tournament participant and knew this was gonna end up messy unless TOs are really really strict. what you absolutely cannot have tough is watching or playing the games feel like a chore because you have to sit through double the amount of actual playtime just to sort maps out. I can't believe no one took the time to look at how things are handled in other shooter games and proceed accordingly. If you want to be efficient and keep things moving you need to keep things simple like both teams pick a map and should they need a tiebreaker do some striking voodoo - done. Most matches don't need a tiebreaker this saves a massive amount of time and doesn't kill off one of the most important things in tournament shooters. You carry momentum into the next map, take a 10 minute break though and that's gone.

As for scheduling EU and NA you could have regional group stages and have a smaller scale worldwide tournament. Or have regional qualifiers for a worldwide tournament.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom