Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Attention Everyone! The bracket has been randomized for the final time! Make sure to get into contact with the other team leader so you can find a time to partake in your matches.

Here is the link to the bracket.

And here is a link to the spreadsheet.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: We will come to a conclusion soon on when the start date will be for the tournament. Thank you for giving us more time.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I can't play the next weekend, so.... plz don't push it back :(

Also, I really don't think there is a reason to move it back. There is no evidence to support that Nintendo would limit the options of private matchmaking during Splatfest, especially two days after introducing it, which seems to be the biggest complaint.

People signed up for a tournament set for next weekend. Pushing it back would mean changing a lot of people's plans, and frankly it's much too late to change the date without significant problems. Also, half of the reason this tournament is so interesting is that it is happening on the first weekend it possibly could.
No. The complaint it, even if unlocked, you will be forced to wear a Splatfest shirt, which is a huge disadvantage against people who are not in the splatfest. Plus, at thsi time, it just pushes everythign to happen in 48 hours nearly, which, quite frankly, is too cramped for 64 teams. that is why I think many want it to be pushed back

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
we have to know very soon if this is staying the same time or not cuz we team leaders need to talk to our team as to who can go. Then talk to the other team leader to schedule the match.

Communication with everyone is huge for this tournament

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
On the bracket, it says "Round 1: Turf War". Does that mean all 5 games in round 1 will be Turf War only?

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
we have to know very soon if this is staying the same time or not cuz we team leaders need to talk to our team as to who can go. Then talk to the other team leader to schedule the match.

Communication with everyone is huge for this tournament
We are currently working on a solution to the problem. We will post about ASAP

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
On the bracket, it says "Round 1: Turf War". Does that mean all 5 games in round 1 will be Turf War only?
Yes. And Round 2 of Winners and Round 1 of losers will be Splat Zones and So on.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Not part of the team but I would imagine a match would be streamed by an individual player, then be re streamed by the main channel with commentary. The Mario Kart World Cup did this to success last month and I think this can apply well to splatoon. Odds are at least one player from either team in a match can stream
This is what I was also thinking. Just about the only way to go about it.

Teeples

Full Squid
NNID
Flow_Teeples
In Case there's room left (don't think there is) or a spot opens up from a team dropping.

Team Name:
Arcadia
Team Thread: http://squidboards.com/threads/arc-arcadia.2522/
Team Leader: Teeples
Skype of team leader: Flow.Teeples
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-7):
1) Teeples (Flow.Teeples)
2) MrC (xMrCx95)
3) Gladeon (Glaadeon)
4) Taylor (Blueman2171)
5) NYAP (NYAP_89)
6) Mike (Mikkums)
7) Mark (Abaraik)

Team Tag (2-4 Characters):
ARC
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): No
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes
Main timezone of team: EST

Toufool

Inkling
NNID
Toufool
Hello,

I'de just like to add a player to Team Inquiry.
IGN: shado
NNID: Shado_Chimera

Thank you!

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
Maybe we could let the teams that would like to start at the original time to begin, but allow team who prefer to wait a week the extra time. I don't see any issues if both team captains agree.

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
It should be a different game mode after each map/game played. Otherwise we are just going to end up finding out who's the best in one game mode per round. Cause the games are best of 5s having them as turf war>splat zones>towers control it will show that if a team was to beat another in all 3 game modes is clearly the better one.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
It should be a different game mode after each map/game played. Otherwise we are just going to end up finding out who's the best in one game mode per round. Cause the games are best of 5s having them as turf war>splat zones>towers control it will show that if a team was to beat another in all 3 game modes is clearly the better one.
I actually wasn't thinking and just realized that it would've been a Bo5 for turf war only... umm im not sure.
At least for a just starting out community I think it would be nice to see all the game modes come out in each round?

ytpSilver

Inkling
NNID
Silver-mk
Team Name: Team Poop
Team Thread: http://squidboards.com/threads/ytp-team-poop.4892/
Team Leader:
Silver - Bahamut
Skype of team leader: Ltsmk8 - Bahamut-50
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-7):
1) Silver || Silver-mk
2) Kaito || Alaixo
3) Bahamut || Bahamut50
4) Digdig || Digdig
5) Shy Guy || SGIncendier
6) Guilec || GuiLeC
7) Micka || Micka62
8) Thomas || Thomi57

Team Tag (2-4 Characters):
γτρ
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): No
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Possibly
Main timezone of team: CEST

Last edited:

DashEmeth

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dashemeth
Wait wait wait, what happened to 2 days for a round? If say a team with players in the PST time zone plays a European team, the only time logical would be something like 11:00AM PST. This now can't happen because then people rounds and rounds ahead are waiting and can't play, and they have other things to do. They might be busy having other things to do and won't be available at certain times. I'm not too sure what tight schedule you have, and while I appreciate how much time and dedication you guys have put into this, there is no way having to play what could possibly be 10 rounds against 40-80 different people from different time zones with their own different personal lives can happen in a matter of 48 hours. Please take this into consideration
I agree with this, we need more than 48h to play all these rounds, especially with the differents timezones involved.

Last edited:

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
Hi guys,
Didn't realise notifications would stop when the title of the thread changed. Catching up on posts now, hopefully I've caught everything important.

Could I please get the following team updates made for team Duck 'n' Cover:

Change:
Petloaf<3 : NNID should be changed to Petloaf1

New players: IGN | NNID
Havra | HavraC
squid | hektikbro

Also it appears the spreadsheet has our host/stream info back to front. We can host but not stream.

Protom

Pro Squid
Hi guys,
Didn't realise notifications would stop when the title of the thread changed. Catching up on posts now, hopefully I've caught everything important.

Could I please get the following team updates made for team Duck 'n' Cover:

Change:
Petloaf<3 : NNID should be changed to Petloaf1

New players: IGN | NNID
Havra | HavraC
squid | hektikbro

Also it appears the spreadsheet has our host/stream info back to front. We can host but not stream.
Fixd and added everything.. :D

N-Strike

Full Squid
NNID
N-Strike-Smash
Wait wait wait, what happened to 2 days for a round? If say a team with players in the PST time zone plays a European team, the only time logical would be something like 11:00AM PST. This now can't happen because then people rounds and rounds ahead are waiting and can't play, and they have other things to do. They might be busy having other things to do and won't be available at certain times. I'm not too sure what tight schedule you have, and while I appreciate how much time and dedication you guys have put into this, there is no way having to play what could possibly be 10 rounds against 40-80 different people from different time zones with their own different personal lives can happen in a matter of 48 hours. Please take this into consideration
Cant aggre any more. Besides, people also have lives too

Box

Pro Squid
ATTENTION this is a generic message we're sending out to all team leaders concerning scheduling. If you read this message, please like this reply, so we don't have to contact you individually.

Dear Ink or Sink team leader

Despite the North American Splatfest taking place on August 7th, and the European Splatfest taking place on August 8th, we’re sticking to our original starting date of August 7th.

The reasoning for this is that we don’t think Nintendo will implement a new feature, and then disable it two days later, and we’re very hopeful in this fact.

The schedule is being revised as follows:

Between the times of August 7th, 6 PM EST and August 9th, 6 PM EST, the following rounds MUST be completed.

Winners Round 1

Winners Round 2

Winners Round 3

Winners Round 4

Losers Round 1

Losers Round 2

Losers Round 3

Losers Round 4

Losers Round 5

Losers Round 6

Losers Round 7

Losers Round 8

Losers Semis

Between the times of August 9th, 6 PM EST and August 9th, 10 PM EST, the following rounds MUST be completed in the order that follows.

1 - Losers Finals

2 - Winners Semis

3 - Winners Finals

4 - Grand Finals

5 - Grand Finals Round 2 (in the event that the team from the loser’s bracket wins Grand Finals)

We hope everyone can comply. We’re on a very tight schedule, and Splatfest was a bump in the road that we weren’t expecting. If everything goes according to plan, our schedule can be kept, and Ink or Sink can provide an entertaining top-cut event, complete with commentary, to the Splatoon and eSports community.

Thanks for sticking with us!

- Ink or Sink Development Committe

I think you guys are forgetting about the massive amount of match dependencies that exist in this tournament. For one thing, you can't have 9 rounds of losers matches coming from only 4 rounds of winners matches. The most you can have is 7. I don't have any sort of experience running tournaments but I can tell that just from reading your bracket.

More importantly though every round after round 1 is dependent on a previous round being completed. You're making it the responsibility of teams to get their matches done in a timely manner, but without defined limits on how much time an individual round can take, there's no way to know how much time will be available to play later rounds. For example, in Winners Round 4, I'm not just negotiating with 1 team to get 1 match done, I'm negotiating with 15 teams to do 15 matches. How can my team be personally responsible for the match not happening when everything in that pipeline affects whether we can even play the match?

For example, what happens if in round 1, two of the teams just can't schedule to play for a whole day? That's not an unreasonable expectation with 64 teams and because many teams signed up when there was the idea that there would be 2 days for one round. My team could be scheduled to play the loser of that match. Now because of an issue upstream that had nothing to do with my team's availability to play, we only have half of the time allotted to complete 7 more rounds. Maybe there's a team that made it further along in the tournament who now has issues playing the second day. With 64 teams, there's just so much interdependency in the tournament. Any one thing going wrong affects everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom